Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug (Reports) version 1.4.3 Main topic

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Icon4 Bug (Reports) version 1.4.3 Main topic

Here you can report bugs with the current version

All problems encountered during the installation or game play should be reported here.
    Please, use the existing developed templates for reporting the problem. This will help us to better understand what the problem is and solve it faster.

How to use:
    1. First define what the problem is.
    2. Check if the issue has already been resolved in fix threads. If not continue to report.
    3. Open spoiler section for each problem type.
    4. Copy the template format, and paste it in you post.
    5. Answer all questions which apply

Rules of postings:
    1. All posts filed without template format will be deleted.
    2. No need to report completely if the issue is already reported. Duplicates will be deleted.
    3. Issues as units-battle balance, and similar non-technical nature ‘problems’ shall not be reported in this thread.
    4. If issue selection does not offer what you need, continue to report using the most appropriate template. Name your issue. In “Comments” section of your post, explain issue encountered. Moderators will make correction if needed.
    5. Always add your FULL log!

PROBLEM CATEGORIES

NOTE: Please tell us what version of M2TW (and patch) and if you are using

CTD (crash to desktop)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

CTD ISSUES

Use the following template to report CTD issue only. Answer all questions. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game
    • What is you operating system
    • What language version of the game do you have?
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred?
    • What faction do you play?
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments)
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable
    • Provide link to your save game

GAME PLAY BUGS (not CTD related)

GAME PLAY BUGS
    Use the following template to report issues during the game play. For example, “the game is telling me to take “...Town”, but the city doesn’t exist…”, or notification about Crusades has popped out, but there is no crusading army… Basically all issues where there is a problem in game play, but game continues to run…you got the point. All CTD issues report in CTD format. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Is issue repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    • What year are you in?
    • What faction do you play?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

GRAPHICAL BUGS (skins, models, 2D art, …)

GRAPHICAL BUGS

Use the following template to report graphical issues. In this group belongs, but not limited to, units –skins and models problems, 2D art messed up or not showing,… anything related to visually identifiable issue.
    Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

NOTE: Reports without Screenshots will be deleted.

• What faction, what unit(s)?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments?
    • Provide Screenshot.

To facilitate the bugreport:
    you have a crash and the systmlog is unspecified error !
    - in path C:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
    - Medieval II Total War\logs
    - open file system.log.txt (now very big file because of tracing), upload it and post link to it

Standard MTW bugs:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96624
    Last edited by Werebear; February 13, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Default Re: Bug (Reports) version 1.4.1 Main topic

I am playing as chaos (nurgle) and at the turn 73-74 chaos undivided army appeard as different faction and started war aganst me. Is this normal? I think chaos invasion script must not work when you ar playing as chaos faction...
    I have M2TW kingdoms 1.5 and COW 1.4.1

Also I think when orcish crossbowmen are as captain in army it ends with ctd.
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; January 12, 2011 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    I am playing as chaos (nurgle) and at the turn 73-74 chaos undivided army appeard as different faction and started war aganst me. Is this normal? I think chaos invasion script must not work when you ar playing as chaos faction...
    I have M2TW kingdoms 1.5 and COW 1.4.1
    known byg

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    Also I think when orcish crossbowmen are as captain in army it ends with ctd.
    i dont understand...

Just a minor bug I thought I'd report:

Playing as Tzeentch, in turn 2 or 3, I get a message that an army has been sent to Nordland and that I should be prepared to fight the empire upon arrival. However, 62 turns into the campaign, I've yet to see any army arrive. My own armies have march south on foot and reached the empire before that stack spawned.

In 1.4 it worked perfectly, a stack spawned and attacked the Nordland capital. I assume it was removed for balancing purposes or CTD issues? If so, I don't mind, but you should probably remove the message.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

* Name of your issue: CTD
    * Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) No but happen in each turn in different places. Recently a few times during one and th same battle
    * Did CTD occur during the b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates
    * What is you operating system Windows 7
    * What language version of the game do you have? Polish
    * What year are you playing when CTD occurred? Since the begining - Now it's turn 11
    * What faction do you play? Sylvania
    * What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) my one
    * Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): In different moments there pops up a message that says "Unspecified error. The game will now exit."
    * Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. It's end of te log:

23:10:40.616 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_41.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.616 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_42.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.617 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_43.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.618 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_44.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.619 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_45.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.619 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_46.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.620 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_47.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.620 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_48.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.621 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_49.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.621 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_50.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.622 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_51.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.623 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_52.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.623 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_53.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.624 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_54.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.625 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_55.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.625 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_56.tga
    23:10:40.625 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_17.tga,3145772
    23:10:40.626 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_17.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.835 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.835 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds
    23:10:40.836 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.836 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga
    23:10:40.837 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds,,not found
    23:10:40.837 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    23:10:40.837 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga,262188
    23:10:40.838 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.840 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.840 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1746D730,4156
    23:10:40.841 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.842 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.842 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds
    23:10:40.842 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga
    23:10:40.843 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds,,not found
    23:10:40.844 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    23:10:40.844 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga,262188
    23:10:40.844 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: H:\Gry\med2)
    23:10:40.890 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. The game will now exit.

* Provide Screenshot if applicable
    * Provide link to your save game

What is weird: First time I have COW intro and after that there is the original movie from medieval II kingdoms....
    Maybe I should make another COW instalation...

Sory for double post. Please combine them.
    Last edited by Werebear; January 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM.

2Krystoforos

look like translation error in your log

Libertus

Diplomats are unable to talk to the other factions. Is this a known problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorander View Post
    Diplomats are unable to talk to the other factions. Is this a known problem?
    it is not bug

Thanks for replay. I'll try to reinstall COW and translation.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    it is not bug

Its not a bug? So....what do you use diplomats for?

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

you can talk to your allied factions

I did some tries and I can play russian verison with Holly Pilgrim menu fix but if I only implement translation 1.4.1 there is CTD. I guess it's conneted with translation as isilendil noticed.

• Name of your issue: CTD
    • Is CTD repeatable: Yes
    • Did CTD occur during the: Strategy map activates going into Battle map activates
    • What is you operating system: XP sps3
    • What language version of the game do you have: 1.4.1 Trans English and happen during Russian also
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred: 2525/2526
    • What faction do you play: Reikland
    • What faction is creating the CTD: CTD occurs during the 2nd Orc invasion.
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments: During the 2nd Orc invasion/attack, I attacked Rokaheada Battle Cry's army with two armys. 2nd army set for AI. The battle starts to boot up, then cashes! Auto resolved gets around this but I lose everytime. LOL!
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:Attachment 133802
    • save game:Attachment 134036 and Attachment 134037
    Also had a cash with the autosave. When I load autosave the loading CTD....
    thanks........2War
    Last edited by 2war; January 17, 2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2war View Post
    • Name of your issue: CTD
    • Is CTD repeatable: Yes
    • Did CTD occur during the: Strategy map activates going into Battle map activates
    • What is you operating system: XP sps3
    • What language version of the game do you have: 1.4.1 Trans English and happen during Russian also
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred: 2525/2526
    • What faction do you play: Reikland
    • What faction is creating the CTD: CTD occurs during the 2nd Orc invasion.
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments: During the 2nd Orc invasion/attack, I attacked Rokaheada Battle Cry's army with two armys. 2nd army set for AI. The battle starts to boot up, then cashes! Auto resolved gets around this but I lose everytime. LOL!
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:Attachment 133802
    upload save plz

Unable to install

• Did you read the Installation Instruction, posted on the Download thread? Yes
    • Did installation completed (executed to the end or failed)? Yes
    • What is the size of your install file? 7.7 GB (haven't install 1.4.1 because it's not working)
    • What is you operating system? Windows XP Dark Edition
    • What language version of the game do you have? English, Gold Edition
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific!): After the loading screen which is displayed in Medieval II screen instead of COW, the game just crash

Save files uploaded and added to original post...

thanks

solved by my own struggle & endless desire to try out this wonderful mod

* Name of your issue Weird animations during climbing on ladders
    * What faction, what unit(s)?Various Dwarfs Units
    * Briefly describe the issue and add comments? When my troops were climbing on ladders they moved like centipede. One soldier was too close another one (look on the picture)
    * Provide Screenshot.

It's probably well known bug but...
    * Name of your issue No weapons after putting out rams
    * What faction, what unit(s)?Longbeards with Axes
    * Briefly describe the issue and add comments? When my troops abandon rams than first 3 lines of my warriors didn't have axes. They have empty hands.
    * Provide Screenshot.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; January 18, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    known byg

i dont understand...

He means for example if you have one unit of orc crossbowmen, they get to be the captain unit for the battle (no general in army), and it causes CTD.

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!) - CTD
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) - yes
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game - year turn
    • What is you operating system - Windows XP Proffessional
    • What language version of the game do you have? - Polish
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? - 22 (but it could happen every turn)
    • What faction do you play? - High Elves
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) - Dark Elves
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): - I've conquered both Dark Elves camps. When I'm trying to use right mouse button on Assassin's Tower, to read it's description game crashes.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast