Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Griefer and Theft

Default Griefer and Theft

Sometime between 3 and 1 hours ago, someone stole from my chest (around 70 gold, 160 iron, and 3 daimond) essentially all of my valuable goods. Moreover my chest was simply blocked from all outside access by stone blocks, which I can only assume were destroyed and replaced. This came to my attention when i noticed the door to my supply room was open so I checked and all of my valuable MC items were gone, though the stone was still there (replaced probably).

While i don't know the details, the ishks (hilary and someone else) also reported several missing items, also of the same value. They can better explain should they choose to do so. I also don't know whether any of the other dwarves had items stolen or were girefed.

These continued acts of griefing (mostly with tnt until spawning was disabled) leads me to suspect there is a griefer among our midst, who has now turned to stealing. There was no one on my land besides the dwarves (whom i trust), selukon (who I trust, and was with me the whole time anyways), and Poach (who again, i trust and i think everyone else does too). Of course, i left for a while and was away from my supply base, so someone could have unknowingly come. But I think this recurring problem, however difficult, is something that we need to begin dealing with in earnest, because it will simply continue.

I don't know if this was worthy of a new thread, but I think its a serious issue, and hopefully people will start hiding their chests with important things as a lesson.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Vicarius

Default Re: Griefer and Theft

I also was not even near the main dwarven stuff today, I was in your new cave hall thing. I honestly have no idea who is doing this, but I suspect that all of it is done by one person, not sure who, though.

Praeses

Yes. Apparently some of our stuff was stolen as well.

I'm going to hide my stuff right now.

Actually, yesterday, I remember Dewy saying he had lost 55 iron.... Maybe they were affected as well?

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Aye, we lost a lot of gold from the communal stocks in Medina as well as my personal in Medina. I don't consider it griefing (as it could have been accessed) but watch out.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Well this is just wrong Hope my secret chest stack is safe, think it is as it is not at all obvios

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not me - I don't think that stealing is right so I wont be doing it unless I'm at war. Which I am clearly not.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Moreover my chest was simply blocked from all outside access by stone blocks, which I can only assume were destroyed and replaced.
    If this is true; whoever stole from that chest breached griefing rules, regardless of what can be said for stealing.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Stealing when not in a war is completely unacceptable. Especially if the chest was hidden by blocks , which is a clear breach of griefing rules.
    On the bright side least no one can blame akar.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbrewster View Post
    Stealing when not in a war is completely unacceptable. Especially if the chest was hidden by blocks , which is a clear breach of griefing rules.
    On the bright side least no one can blame akar.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

whaat?akar is not the source of all evil?amazing.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    whaat?akar is not the source of all evil?amazing.
    That would be the jews.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<3

Moreover my chest was simply blocked from all outside access by stone blocks, which I can only assume were destroyed and replaced.
    Was it visible from within the stone blocks? and could you see that behnd the bllocks there were stuff?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

It is for this reason that the Brotherhood has taken to crafting elaborate safety systems around our valuables room. There is, evidently, someone who is working their way around Kingdoms and hunting down their valuables rooms.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

eeehhhh ... it's a pvp server with killing and raiding, what do you people expect?

In Dewys case I am 99.9% certian that it was not theft. More over, it was probably technical or human error that was the cause of 55 lost iron.

None the less there is a crucial point that remains and that is nonthing is 100% safe from vandals, theifs or error. You should all learn from your mistakes and adapt.

Should you ever find a theif, his/or her reputation will server them well I'm sure, but lets not place rules infront of fun (yes I am suggesting stealing in games can be fun).
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

killing and raiding is during war times izob.
    plus yeah dewy's case could be a bug.like my diamonds sword dissappeard right out of my inventory.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I must have missed something, what is 'dewy's case'?

EDIT: nvm, saw Visors post.

Actually now that i think about it, having thieves would be quite cool, as long as they dont grief anything. If people just guarded their treasure well it would be cool. As long as noone griefs of course

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

I cannot explain why, but a few days ago (I think it was on monday) 55 iron (or a similar amount) had appeared in my inventory. Whether I picked it up from the ground while working on the Grand Hall, or it was there from when I logged on, I am not certain. I first noticed it after smelting down a batch of iron ore, when, having walked back to the Grand Hall upper construction level, I saw the stack of ore resting in the inventory.

Dewy, did you fall to death somewhere within Urahamr or somesuch?

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

I gave the iron to Izob, then Izob killed me. Izob and I were heavily affected by bugs, so like Izob said it probably wasn't a thief.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast