Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

hey, maybe if you could, you could make a version for users that remove whatever mod is rubbing bad against the rs environments? is a great compilation but the ctds are killing me, and i cant just go back to vanilla trees. and the whole reason i took the submod was to get legions and minimize revolt ctds which were my only real problem. good news is i haven't had one revolt ctd.

dajarvi's Avatar Semisalis
    Marquette, Michigan, right on Lake Superior

Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod.

How do you disable this mod if you don't want it?

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Hey, I have a question about the Realistic Movement Mod. I haven't tried out this Mod Pack yet but I'm curious if the increased movement points change the AI's behaviour. I have the feeling that the movement points in EB are a little bit too low, but with this minimod it looks like any army could suddenly appear in the middle of your empire out of nowhere. Still, does it make the AI more aggresive/make the AI choose its targets better, etc.?

Can i use the Rs2 environment with Jirsey's pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_the_Little View Post
    Can i use the Rs2 environment with Jirsey's pack?
    Its included, but only water. Idk why, but it is what it is.

I still have yet to try it.

Oh yeah, and there's a crash that may have something to do with Armenia's reforms.
    Last edited by kingman1337; August 09, 2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by dajarvi View Post
    Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod.

How do you disable this mod if you don't want it?
    Find the file called descr_character.txt and look for the starting action points line, mine looks like this when I open it in note pad

This file contains the character profession attributes, the idea being that a
    ; character has a certain set of skills and a current profession. The character
    ; is represented by his profession: if he is acting as a general, he will get
    ; represented as a general of a strat_model dictated by his combat skills.
    ;
    ; This file gets parsed on application startup but is not otherwise referred to.
    ; The data format is thus:
    ;
    ; ; indicates a comment ;-)
    ;
    ; type indicates a new character type
    ;
    ; must be followed by id name string (phrase)
    ;
    ; faction indicates one or more factions which use the following
    ; strat_model descriptions, valid entries are these:
    ;
    ; romans_julii, romans_brutii, romans_scipii, macedon,
    ; egypt, seleucid, carthage, parthia, pontus, gauls,
    ; germans, britons, armenia, dacia, greek_cities, numidia,
    ; scythia, spain, thrace, slave
    ;
    ; if a given faction is not present in a given character
    ; type listing, that faction cannot use characters of that
    ; type - so not all factions have access to all character
    ; professions
    ;
    ; dictionary specifies dictionary entry for character type name
    ;
    ; note that there is one dictionary entry per type per
    ; faction set, allowing different names for the same
    ; character type - ie a diplomat barabarian could be a
    ; 'chieftain', while a roman might be a 'legatus'
    ;
    ; strat_model model to represent the character on the strategy map
    ;
    ; battle_model model to represent the character on the battle map (optional)
    ; battle_equip equipment character has on the battle field must be followed by a weapon type,
    ; (not missile weapon type) and armour type
    ;
    ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    starting_action_points 280

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Mine is set at 280, this is the amount of movement points all characters have by default, I believe the original is set at 80, however you may make this as large or as small as you please

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    Its included, but only water. Idk why, but it is what it is.

I still have yet to try it.

Oh yeah, and there's a crash that may have something to do with Armenia's reforms.
    Thanks!

NOTE: If you want the insanely beautiful RS2 environments, simply download them BEFORE applying the Mega Mod Pack. It makes everything better.

Tiro

Spoiler for nevermind
    I've downloaded and installed this submod on RTW 1.5 with EB 1.2(in RTW folder). I start the game by 'EB Single Player', it loads and after intro movies it crashes to windows("application has encountered a problem...").
    Before I installed the submod I'd played one campaign for about 50 turns...
    Do I need to reinstall everything or I forgot about something after installation of this submod?

Edit: ok, I reinstalled only EB, and know everything works fine, although movement range is know so vast... Is it really realistic that big army can march across whole Greece and even further?
    And how does it influence gameplay? Can AI attack my unprotected cities in the middle of country?
    Is it better to play with this range or that from vanilla EB?

Another edit: ok, I checked Alexander's conquest of Asia Minor and in one year his army could march from Egipt to Persopolis... I don't know if even with this long range, it is possible in-game... But Xerxes with his mighty army supplied from sea marched 5 months from Hellespont to Termopylae, because of rough terrain... and I don't think that such variables are in-game...
    I left movement as it is now, Epeiros still only attacks Pella and I can go there from Korinth easily
    But I wonder - why this change and other from this submod aren't included in vanilla EB? They seem to be realistic, historically correct and make gameplay better...

Offtop: I'm total noob, I read the FAQ but I didn't find answer - eg. I conquered Sparta and there is still a Government I, but destroyed. Why is that and if I repair it, will there be issues/bugs later? I did that in my first campaign on vanilla EB and nothing bad happens...
    And btw, what type of government establish there?
    Last edited by HUtH; August 15, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

I've tried to use this mod on a clean EB install, and whenever I select the campaign it says to please select an item from the list. Clean EB without this mod works fine, what's wrong?

EDIT***

Nevermind, for some reason my computer can only start the minimod properly with launching it with the eb configuration launcher. This is what I used for the first eb mini mod pack that used alexander. The new one in this mini mod pack points the launcher to launch with rtw.exe instead of alexander, so i used the other eb 1.2 mini mod pack ebconfig.xml file to fix it and finally be able to play this mod.
    Last edited by The Colonel; August 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Hello.

I thank you all for your kind support with this pack, I know it is very buggy and annoying to install but no worries.

Right now, I am currently creating a new one from scratch, with all of these mods, and even more. Including:
    Victory Conditions (with accurate maps!).
    City mod.
    Allied Legions.
    Traits and Ancillaries fixes.
    EB Online 2.1 EDU. (Waiting for the 3.0)
    A trivial script configuration that lets you start even from BI or Alexander automatically!
    Grammar corrections.
    Some Unit image changes (adding a small image to denote Mercenaries and AOR).
    light_spear bonus corrections.
    12 Turn per year script.
    6 Turn per year script.
    My EB intros.
    RSII Environements.
    Trait changes (cursus honorum).

And... To top it off, you will get to choose which mods you want to have!

Of course this will be a long process since I plan to pack all the different file versions for every mod combination (that overlaps of course) and using NSIS to make the installer.

So of course, it will be a hard process to make all these changes, and my ability with NSIS script is very small. So I would be glad if anyone with experience modding would help ease up the process a bit. I plan on releasing the pack no sooner than January, or even February. I will have to buy a video card in order to re-make my intros with higher quality, so they will look even better.

Nonetheless, if no one is able or wants to ease the payload a bit, I will still keep on giving you what I find and helping your EB experience renew itself once more.

Regards.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; August 18, 2011 at 09:05 PM.
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

Very good.

Indeed! That's good news, esp. like this part: "And... To top it off, you will get to choose which mods you want to have!"

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wpost&t=478261

Please check this out for me please.

I think a great idea would be adding some units from EB Alexander. Like the Indian Phalanx or that Chinese pseudo-faction.

Icon4 NEED YOUR HELP...ANYONE...PLEASE

Hi guys...
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    I have read all the posts, and now I am more confused and know less then I did before reading!!!

I know...I know......why would some of you care...but please help!!!

I am playing with Alexander...I am going to install 1.03...HOW STABLE IS IT?
    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAKE IT STABLE!
    What is the best way to install this, what to ADD and what to EDIT, which files...simplify please!

Can anyone make a detailed post about this...make it simple for DUMIES...like me...PLEASE!
    I really wanna play this, but I can't commit a lot of time to campaign that will crash.

I deploy in 1 month...this might be the last chance I get to play...not sure if I will be able to after DEPLOYMENT!
    PLEASE...MAKE MY MONTH A SPECIAL ONE...I WISH MINIMUM CTD's with ABILITY TO PLAY TO THE END!!!

Remeber...I am a TOTAL dummie...you need to be very descriptive!
    ANYONE...HAVE MERCY FRIENDS...I REALLY WANNA PLAY THIS MOD...YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

...THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

Maestro Ugo's Avatar Civis

Default Re: NEED YOUR HELP...ANYONE...PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Mujo Hrnjica View Post
    Hi guys...
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    I have read all the posts, and now I am more confused and know less then I did before reading!!!

I know...I know......why would some of you care...but please help!!!

I am playing with Alexander...I am going to install 1.03...HOW STABLE IS IT?
    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAKE IT STABLE!
    What is the best way to install this, what to ADD and what to EDIT, which files...simplify please!

Can anyone make a detailed post about this...make it simple for DUMIES...like me...PLEASE!
    I really wanna play this, but I can't commit a lot of time to campaign that will crash.

I deploy in 1 month...this might be the last chance I get to play...not sure if I will be able to after DEPLOYMENT!
    PLEASE...MAKE MY MONTH A SPECIAL ONE...I WISH MINIMUM CTD's with ABILITY TO PLAY TO THE END!!!

Remeber...I am a TOTAL dummie...you need to be very descriptive!
    ANYONE...HAVE MERCY FRIENDS...I REALLY WANNA PLAY THIS MOD...YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

...THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!
    Well, the installation is pretty simple:

1) Install Rome Total War
    2) Patch it to the latest patch
    3) Install Alexander expansion
    4) Install EB 1.1.
    5) Install EB 1.2.
    6) Install Jirssys Mod Pack
    7) Copy the shortcut from the install directory called "Europa Barbarorum (Jirisys' RTW - Alexander - EB Mega Mod Pack)" to desktop (or wherever), change the target and start in lines in the shortcut's properties to reflect where you installed the game
    8) Play!

As to stability issues, I can emphasize as my RTW has always been unstable, but you can improve stability following the advices give here. Note that your game will most likely not be 100% CTD free, but you can improve a lot.

Hope this helps.

Tired of rampant corruption? Try ICS - Improved Corruption System for TATW3.1.

Katalambda's Avatar Libertus

Hi! first of all thanks for this great mod, great work.

Second. I get a CTD when i launch the game, it seems there is a problem in data file:

DATABASE_TABLE error found: max records exceeded from file eb/data/descr_model_battle.txt.
    any idea of what this is??? thanks in advance.

P.S: Fixed!!
    Last edited by Katalambda; September 09, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
    “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” -Abraham Lincoln.

So this sub mod compilation messes with vanilla files and makes other modes invalid ?
    Damn it Now i have to reinstall everything again .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 11, 2011 at 01:36 PM.

Miles

I cant start the game because an error pops up and say something whit. EB-descr-model-data-txt problem.

How can I fix this?