Thread: Custom Battle Maps

Default Custom Battle Maps

Gentlemen,

This is my first post to this community, though I am not new to gamer forums. I have been a part of the WWII gaming community (Steel Panthers and its descendants) since around 1996. So, I know that the "old-school" guys get irritated by folks who ask questions about the game that have been answered over and over again in the past. I have all of the Total War games (I purchased Shogun when it came out), but only got the others this Christmas. Historically complete oob's, and designing scenarios and maps is in my blood, so it is only natural that I gravitate to the same with Rome Total War. By researching previous posts and tutorials, I figured out how to enable the map editor, but it appears to me, so far, that it is only for creating custom "scenarios", not for creating custom battlefields. Could someone tell me how to create/save custom maps to be used with custom battles? In addition, is there a tutorial that explains how to include other customized maps? Are the only associated files the customized map text file and the Menu files? Thank you in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Best Regards,

David Boutwell

Hi , i am not sure if its answer your question but i will send you the attached word text to your privat mail , my peoblem is how to make the maps playeble in the multiplayer ..... hope you will get the mail

Zuga

Have a look in data\world\maps\custom\ - they're the 'special' maps with features available at the top of the custom battle page. (The rest are specified in custom_locations.txt).

Use this tutorial to get your map.wfc file:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=43149

Write your own descr_battle file (use the others in the custom folder for guidance) or get it out of the battle editor.