Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ntw3: Historical battles feedbacks

Default Ntw3: Historical battles feedbacks

Please report here any suggestions or comments about scenarios.

Default Re: Ntw3: Historical battles feedbacks

Any plans for waterloo old fella??
    Would it be possible to mod an accurate hougomont or would it have to standardhouse on the mod?

How about company scale assult on hugemont ? This might be interesting!

I think it would be fun if we had a couple from the Swedish wars. Let me know and I'll get some OOB's in order.

I'm currently working on Aspern, Hohenlinden and Corunna. A lot to chew for the next month.

Don't get me wrong FVZ, but zoomed scenarios have little appeal to me because you loose the grand tactical breath of larger battle. We would then have great difficult in creating the building models for such a scale.

LawL_LawL's Avatar Ducenarius

Why exactly would it be a "company scale" assault on Hougoumont? You know through the course of Waterloo multitudes of regiments were chewed up in the fighting around Hougoumont. Thus you could easily make Hougoumont on the current NTW3 scale, and make a collection of buildings and walls to make a defensible position.

Having tested desaix's original Waterloo and the current released Auerstadt, Marengo and Montebello, I can say these are beautifully made and a nice added touch of realism on all accounts.

Thx for the work m8

Thanx Druid, these are the kind of comments that make a hard work worth to be done.

Regarding Hougoumont, well I see no problem to make a company scenario, but atm I just prefer large battle that allows for movement and flank maneuvering. The castle attack was a bloody but one direction affaire, the british has no option but to defend. Not that fun I guess.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

just did a battle at quatre bras, and i must say it was very entertaining, i noticed the AI was making some tricky moves, trying to split my army in half in the middle and force the doors apart, much like how napoleon did in the campaign the battle takes place, however in this case i was able to thwart the thrust and slaughter the frenchies

very fun battle

Well I've just tried Auerstadt and Montebello..very cool maps and 100%historical units! My best congratulations
    Now I want to make some good MP battles! Anyone who take up the challenge ?

Protector's Avatar Senator

Did I miss something ?
    Whenever I load with NTW3 a historical battle map its empty and must be filled by enemy units and my own which I selected before.

Whenever I read in this thread something about the NTW3 historical maps and scenarios I got the impression that they are historical accurate prepared with units and their correct position like the vanilla historical battles ...
    But when I click on historical maps they are empty like all other custom maps...
    Last edited by Protector; February 12, 2011 at 08:17 AM.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

You can play those historical battles only in MP...there you have to load the scenario battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Did I miss something ?
    Whenever I load with NTW3 a historical battle map its empty and must be filled by enemy units and my own which I selected before.

Whenever I read in this thread something about the NTW3 historical maps and scenarios I got the impression that they are historical accurate prepared with units and their correct position like the vanilla historical battles ...
    But when I click on historical maps they are empty like all other custom maps...
    You can play SP selecting LAN instead of multiplayer and the put AI to control enemy. COuld be very laggy if you have a medium PC, because AI comanding 80-90 units takes ages to process.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Thx both for your reply.

I did so as you said and was impressed.
    In Auerstadt I played with France 1vs1 and got 5300 men vs 8200 from Prussia.
    I got a quad core 4x 2.8GHz with 285GTX but still a bit laggy ....but playable.
    I killed 6349 and lost 792 men. 1h gameplay...
    Last edited by Protector; February 12, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Thx both for your reply.

I did so as you said and was impressed.
    In Auerstadt I played with France 1vs1 and got 5300 men vs 8200 from Prussia.
    I got a quad core 4x 2.8GHz with 285GTX but still a bit laggy ....but playable.
    I killed 6349 and lost 792 men. 1h gameplay...
    Welcome to the wonderful land of NTW artificial intelligence.

LAG: Well, it really depends on what graphic settings you selected.
    It's a bit curious, take Marengo, if I play with Austrian no lag at all, playing with french and it's unplayable.
    No clue about that. Same for Aspern, but with opposit faction.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

the AI in this mod is great, i can really tell that alot of work was put into this mod, cant wait for the single player addition

Tested Aspern & Hohenlinden HBs

Beautiful work!

Des, how much difference is there in the HB game mechanics and stats to the Classic version (in this and next version)?- personally, HBs seem much more realistic in terms of casualties etc
    "No Wife, no Horse, no Moustache.."

Quote Originally Posted by KO|Druid View Post
    Tested Aspern & Hohenlinden HBs

Beautiful work!

Des, how much difference is there in the HB game mechanics and stats to the Classic version (in this and next version)?- personally, HBs seem much more realistic in terms of casualties etc
    It is better in casualties term, the HB are done for you and me and other history nuts like us.
    The classical mod has a little bit of Hollywood in it to appeal to a larger audience.

Lord VC
    Emperor of Napoleonics www.Napoleonics.net
    The Lordz are recruiting; Click on signature for details

Nice 1 VC

Thought as much...
    "No Wife, no Horse, no Moustache.."

Yeah tested aspern in 1v1 last night with clinch,beautiful map,beautiful Hb 3 sec lag but playable.
    The amount of units is mind boggling at 1st but once u get used to them the battlefield is awash with cav attacks towns changing hands and mass battery fire,tbh if i watched this replay it would probably make me never play another game it would be perfect.Well done m8.
    Be warned though it will take a long time to finish and its certainly in for the long haul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast