View Poll Results: Structure of defense, (pick wisely and take your time)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defenders cannot be unreachable

8 40.00%
  • Attackers win when defenders are unreachable

5 25.00%
  • no rule change

4 20.00%
  • other

1 5.00%
  • abstain

2 10.00%

Thread: Rules: structures of defense

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Rules: structures of defense

The question is whether structures defended by a kingdom, in battle, can be made unreachable by the attackers (the defenders are not possible to reach without use of ladders, placing and/or destroying blocks), or if there will be any consequences for building such a defense.

Without further ado, the alternatives, as suggested in the discussion thread, are:

No construction of unreachable defenses
    Players may not construct defensive structures that are entirely unreachable by the attackers. The attackers must be able to get to the defenders and engage them in close combat. Griefing is still not permitted, but if the attackers find themselves opposed by inpenetrable defenses, they may bring the case up in the forums.

Attackers win when the defenders are unreachable
    If the defenders are unreachable upon inspection per the definition provided, the attackers have won and will be credited with an offensive victory.

No rule change
    As per current rules, the attackers may not grief and/or disturb the defensive structure.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Default Re: Rules: structures of defense

We are allowed to use ladders.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Indefinitely Banned

Dude make it visible.

Its visible no problem, and dewy its just as easy to make unreachable construct without ladders. But it is invisible till poll close so people make their own opinions.

ALSO plz sticky this
    Last edited by Makrell; January 11, 2011 at 05:26 AM.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Didn't we close the exact same poll 2 days ago?
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Didn't we close the exact same poll 2 days ago?
    4 days, and that was due to the issue of ladders was very confusing to some members and needed result first. OS now that that is finished we can get back to this poll

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I voted for defenders being unreachable, but I have an exception. If the defenders make themselves unreachable (as in during a raid) then they do have that right. The attackers can belittle them as much as they want for doing so, but I say it should be an option if being raided by a larger enemy. During actual battle (where both sides have numbers and know of the fight) defenders are no unreachable.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    I voted for defenders being unreachable, but I have an exception. If the defenders make themselves unreachable (as in during a raid) then they do have that right. The attackers can belittle them as much as they want for doing so, but I say it should be an option if being raided by a larger enemy. During actual battle (where both sides have numbers and know of the fight) defenders are no unreachable.
    I agree, defender in their home county can build unreachable defenses, home county can't be taken anyway. Voted no unreachable also btw.
    Patronized by Hader.

I voted other though I agree with Lord Romanus. I think you should only have to have your area accessible if under organized attack.

Tuor's Avatar Senator

I voted for the defenders unreachable option. Winning by the defenders being unreachable just doesn't seem fun. I'd rather camp them inside their forts.

Poll closed
    No construction of unreachable defenses
    Players may not construct defensive structures that are entirely unreachable by the attackers. The attackers must be able to get to the defenders and engage them in close combat. Griefing is still not permitted, but if the attackers find themselves opposed by inpenetrable defenses, they may bring the case up in the forums.

Will be added to the rules

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Thread closed, poll concluded.

Defenders cannot be unreachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10