Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1057

Thread: Bug Reports for 6.4! - Post CTDs in a new topic!

Default Re: Bug Reports for 6.4! - Post CTDs in a new topic!

I'm playing Kingdom of Sicily, but apperrantly my faction leader is missing. He is definitely not dead yet, since all his sons are still princes, and he is still shown in the family tree, but when I right click his portrait the game does not shows his location like when i do with other family members, and he is not on the list scrolls as well. Please help and thank you.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    Playing 6.4 on win7 with Savage AI, perm arrows, perm watchtowers and experiencing random campaign map screen freezes. I'm not even able to jump out to the task manager with cntrl+alt+delete and end program, I have to manually reboot. In the past I put such problems down to RAM issues, but the rig I play on these days has more RAM than the game has gigs. Any ideas? Is this a known problem? I've done a search through TWC and on google but only found one other mention of a similar problem.
    campaign map? thats nothing to do with ram limits most likely. mtw2 ram is limited iirc by hardcode. But...if its a newer rig/comp check your cards graphic settings it might be regulating it to onboard grpahics instead of discrete causing issues. Also, do the crashes happen only over water?

honestly though it sounds like a bad install to me.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Quote Originally Posted by terranghost View Post
    I'm playing Kingdom of Sicily, but apperrantly my faction leader is missing. He is definitely not dead yet, since all his sons are still princes, and he is still shown in the family tree, but when I right click his portrait the game does not shows his location like when i do with other family members, and he is not on the list scrolls as well. Please help and thank you.
    open the console and use the move_character cheat.
    LOSTHIEF

Hello to all,
    unity "Arbalesters" (mercenary units) in battle does not show the weapon.
    in export_descr_unit.txt it is described as follows: stat_sec 1, 1, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, knife, 45, 1.
    I tried to change with: stat_sec 1, 1, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 45, 1, but have not solved.
    I apologize if it has already been said, I tried a little but did not find anything.
    if someone can suggest how to fix I can try.
    thanks for your attention, greetings

If it is the model that doesnt show the melee weapon in combat, then is probably an issue with the model itself, it could be solved following the Doctoring units tutorial

EDU Stats mentioning of knife or swords is for the SFX i think

To get the name of the .mesh files used by the unit check the armour_ug_models
    and the search them in the battle_models.modeldb

many thanks for your attention and response,
    I'll try to follow your advice and those of "Doctoring units tutorial" to resolve the issue.
    thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    Playing 6.4 on win7 with Savage AI, perm arrows, perm watchtowers and experiencing random campaign map screen freezes. I'm not even able to jump out to the task manager with cntrl+alt+delete and end program, I have to manually reboot. In the past I put such problems down to RAM issues, but the rig I play on these days has more RAM than the game has gigs. Any ideas? Is this a known problem? I've done a search through TWC and on google but only found one other mention of a similar problem.
    \

I just encountered the same error playing the Genoa early campaign on turn 104. Machine locked up on the Fatimids and I had to kill the game. Its not my rig, since like you mine is overpowered for this game. Mine might have something to do with windows 10 download but checking the event log there were a whole bunch of error events when the game stopped working. Right now I'm just going to check it tomorrow and see if it works once win10 has updated.

EDIT
    Its not the windows download. Just checked the event log and while I could not find anything specific there were a series of AppModelRuntime errors at the time of the crash.

Is there a specific Med2 error log?

EDIT2

Disregard. Just ran it again with toggle_fow an Follow ai. No stoppage with the Fatimids, just a wait while they moved around. AI seemed to take a long time though moving something in Gaza. Regardless I got through the turn and it seems to be running fine again.
    Last edited by jtareb; January 28, 2016 at 11:39 AM.

Hi. So far i have not seen anyone else report this bug, it seems like i'm only one with this problem. Since i have been playing with this mod I have noticed that generals are producing heirs much later and living past 75. The generals seem to only get marriage proposals in their 40s and produce children in their 50s. Is this a part of the mod? I have reinstalled this mod about 3 times and i'm still having the same problem...

Hello, I'm playing this on the steam version of m2tw and having some issues with SS 6.4. Everything in the campaign works perfectly with the exception of siege battles. My screen goes black and a message pops up stating that the "game encountered an unspecified error and has to close" at the end of sieges, although auto resolve does not result in a crash. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

I've been having the same siege CTD error on steam. There are several threads on the matter, but I have yet to fix my problem. The issue seems to be arising from the models_strat folder. Here is my log.

14:26:33.955 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:26:33.955 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:26:33.956 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:26:33.956 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:26:33.956 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:26:33.957 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:26:33.957 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:26:33.957 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:26:33.958 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:26:33.958 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:26:33.958 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:26:33.959 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:26:33.959 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:26:33.959 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/character_pontus.rum is missing
    14:26:33.960 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/general_pontus.rum is missing
    14:26:39.144 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/southern_eu_wooden_castle.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.145 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/north_eu_wooden_walls.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.146 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/southern_eu_cities.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.148 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/north_eu_wooden_castle.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.149 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/north_eu_stone_fort.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.150 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/north_eu_castle.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.151 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/northern_eu_cities.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.152 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/eastern_eu_wooden_castle.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.157 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/eastern_eu_cities.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.166 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/middle_eastern_wooden_castle.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.167 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/me_castle_buildings.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.167 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/models_strat/residences/textures/middle_eastern_cities.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.225 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    14:26:39.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    14:27:08.019 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

The trigger for moh_greek ancillary checks " and not FactionwideAncillaryExists moh" rather than " and not FactionwideAncillaryExists moh_greek", allowing Byzantium to have an unlimited number of masters of horse

I am the Air Bud of Total War

is there a fix for the siege CTD issue? I am having the same thing happen.
    "Suffer little children," said the controller.
    -Brave New World

Default Re: Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error, Medieval total war 2 will now close

Hi everyone okay so i have had this problem for a while now and im trying my best to fix it but i just cant so i launch the game everything is good i start the campaign build up my settlement and then i attack a castle and guess what happens "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error, Medieval total war 2 will now close" can someone please help me how to fix this

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by vae victus View Post
    is there a fix for the siege CTD issue? I am having the same thing happen.
    u can try g5's ctd fix. Though w/o the log i dunnop whats wrong. Could be a graphics issue (turning down grass/reflections will help and details). Could be a unit issue. Etc Etc. Also, if its just one particular siege and not all of them then u can use the console command auto_win (attacker/defender). You can google the exact code.
    LOSTHIEF

Icon9 Re: Bug Reports for 6.4! - Post CTDs in a new topic!

[deleted]
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; July 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM.

Whenever I try 'continue campaign' I get a CTD. Loading from autosave works but any attempt to save causes the crash instead. Also starting a new campaign doesn't work. It simply redirects to the single player menu and disallows any attempt to select new campaign.

edit: I have the 2 patches from the Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE thread. I also have permanent watchtowers on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Computer Illiterate; October 08, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Please take a look at sticky thread above at reporting an error, need alot more detail than above

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug Reports for 6.4!

Hi, just installed SS6.4 and i noticed that the cursor is not locked to my main monitor, like in Vanilla Med 2. Any suggestion on how to eliminate this annoiyng feature? i know how to do, but i'd like to solve this in game.

Hello guys , I play every single other mod and vanilla game battles so smoothly without any lag , only SS 6.4 lags a lot on battles not just siege battles but also pitched battles , any Ideas why ??

Default Re: Bug Reports for 6.4!

I love this mod but the lag is unbearable , help please !!