Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

jomas's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

So I downloaded SS recently and I have been enjoying it, however I have one question.
    Are the Scottish tartans supposed to be between a muddy red and pale green? On the unit card they have far brighter tartans and I was just wondering why there was a difference.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by jomas View Post
    So I downloaded SS recently and I have been enjoying it, however I have one question.
    Are the Scottish tartans supposed to be between a muddy red and pale green? On the unit card they have far brighter tartans and I was just wondering why there was a difference.
    Scots are manly men therfore they use maky colours not blues!

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldAniban View Post
    I'm sorry to ask another question, but can you do something about the wall bug like removing/lowering the crenelations or something? I just want archers/crossobwmen/gunners on the walls to be useful...desperately.

Edit: Oh and does this mod gives vassals some worth? Like in Shogun 2 where vassals increase your Daimyo's honor and gives you half of their income every turn?
    I desperately need an answer
    I just want archers to be realistic. It's very annoying to see people who are immortal against arrows. Full Image

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldAniban View Post
    I desperately need an answer
    The archers are useful on the walls. For the crossbowmen, I think that is hardcoded so they cannot shoot over the walls.
    And in this mod vassals gives you half their income.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    The archers are useful on the walls. For the crossbowmen, I think that is hardcoded so they cannot shoot over the walls.
    And in this mod vassals gives you half their income.
    MOTHER OF GOD! GOOD WORK ABOUT THE VASSALS!

But uhmm...What will happen if we extend the firing arc of the crossbowmen? Would they be able to shoot from the walls properly? If yes, will the arrows hit the walls or will it pass through?
    I just want archers to be realistic. It's very annoying to see people who are immortal against arrows. Full Image

a few questions:

do denmark and byz still have the same units as in vanilla? really liked them.

and this mod doesnt add too much content does it? it balances things out generally right?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

The Romans have a totally new (but historically accurate) roster. Denmark is still pretty much vanilla though

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    The Romans have a totally new (but historically accurate) roster. Denmark is still pretty much vanilla though
    where can I see the roster of the byz? they are my favorite faction, and I would like to see the new roster before I take something else

Quote Originally Posted by Palandiell View Post
    where can I see the roster of the byz? they are my favorite faction, and I would like to see the new roster before I take something else
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169167

Interesting.... seems like a lot was taken from rome total war (atleast from the design) it seems to be generally almost the same troops that are in vanilla. 2 things do:

how is the balance of the new roster? good? which other nations are changed too?

and can I have SS without the new byz roster??
    Last edited by Palandiell; January 06, 2012 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palandiell View Post
    Interesting.... seems like a lot was taken from rome total war (atleast from the design)
    None of it was taken from RTW. It was all taken from history. They are historically accurate units.

it seems to be generally almost the same troops that are in vanilla.
    Several units may have the same name but they aren't the same.

how is the balance of the new roster? good?
    It is a very strong roster. Stronger earlier on than later.

which other nations are changed too?
    SS adds in too many other units to list. Look at the units on this page: http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/. There are a few differences but it's basically the unit list for 6.4

and can I have SS without the new byz roster??
    Not in the latest version. 6.1 is the last version of SS to use the vanilla Roman roster.

Is it me or The princess coming out of age event is not working in SS 6.4?

Quote Originally Posted by laserx View Post
    Is it me or The princess coming out of age event is not working in SS 6.4?
    Just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Just you.
    anyway to fix this?

anyway to fix this?
    Wasn't serious, maybe ask someone else i havnt played SS all week and now that i think about it i dont remember getting a princess in my England game for ages. Are they not coming of age or is there just no event pic?

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

i believe you will find they do come of age in your campaign, however the event card was removed to allow for faster turn times. Thus meaning you will not know when there is a ripe princess for the picking.

edit: I think you may be able to enable it in the preferences .cfg file, however I am at work and can't confirm that.

edit: edit: and just to back up those words http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rincess+coming
    better go do some work now.... ah TGIF
    Last edited by Galain_Ironhide; January 05, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

So I was playing the early era game and got bored and wanted to switch to a late era campaign. So when I clicked SS6.4 setup, 6.4 was installed all over again and then I had to choose my setting/submods. My question is: why does it install the whole thing again? Am I doing something wrong?

It does not infact install the whole thing over again, it only reinstalls a fraction of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galain_Ironhide View Post
    i believe you will find they do come of age in your campaign, however the event card was removed to allow for faster turn times. Thus meaning you will not know when there is a ripe princess for the picking.

edit: I think you may be able to enable it in the preferences .cfg file, however I am at work and can't confirm that.

edit: edit: and just to back up those words http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rincess+coming
    better go do some work now.... ah TGIF
    Oh it's been removed , I liked that feature

Oh it's been removed , I liked that feature
    Check out Banes
    Campaign Script Customisation Project for SS6.4
    FeaturesThis submod will currently add the following options to the submod manager:

• Disable Ageing Script
    • Disable Economy Script
    • Disable Looting Script & Besiege Upkeep
    • Disable Death Notifications
    • Disable AI Support Spawn
    • Enable Princess Notifications
    • Disable Interactive Events
    • Disable Emergent Factions & National Uprisings (for each faction / uprising)