Page 58 of 115 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Hey, how do I change the 'additional scripts' and switch from Late Era Campaign to Early Era Campaign?

Thanks.

EDIT: Never Mind, figured it out.
    Last edited by Godless Pickle; December 17, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Averroes19's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    You don't need those discs, just take a look at this thread, it explains how you change the launcher to fire from a Steam based game:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397756
    Navajo Joe, thank you so much for your kind help!
    I got the game running (and hopefully I am not jinxing myself-knocking three times on wood ***).
    I set the game for early era and started a Kingdom of Aragon campaign. Boy, Stainless Steel is amazing.
    Makes my already favorite total war game even so much better.
    I would love to give you a +1 rep, post count is too low though.
    But thank you again!

Edit: I guess I am now able to give rep credits, which I just did!

Hi, I'm having some trouble getting 6.4 to work with my Steam version of M2TW. I followed the instructions for this link: ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post7808159 ) and I'm still having some trouble. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by boywithhat View Post
    Hi, I'm having some trouble getting 6.4 to work with my Steam version of M2TW. I followed the instructions for this link: ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post7808159 ) and I'm still having some trouble. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Boywithhat,

See post 1142, take a look at the thread attached, there you will have your solution

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Scotty1207's Avatar Civis

im going to be downloading this as soon as I get kingdoms

Only the 6.3 installer is needed for 6.4 correct? I deleted my 6.3 folder and reinstalled but now I can't get anything to work. Same computer as before but it says missing campaigns or files now when trying to launch...

I have 16.2 gb in my 6.3 folder which seems alot more than last time. I have UAC disabled which allowed normal install last time.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Only the 6.3 installer is needed for 6.4 correct? I deleted my 6.3 folder and reinstalled but now I can't get anything to work. Same computer as before but it says missing campaigns or files now when trying to launch...

I have 16.2 gb in my 6.3 folder which seems alot more than last time. I have UAC disabled which allowed normal install last time.
    ur confusing me...for 6.3...u need the bin files adn then the ss6.3.exe file and install it. Then run the setup. Confirm it installed correct. Then patch to ss6.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    ur confusing me...for 6.3...u need the bin files adn then the ss6.3.exe file and install it. Then run the setup. Confirm it installed correct. Then patch to ss6.4.
    Right... the 6.3 download has all the needed files or not is my question. I deleted the entire folder as originally I had installed 6.1- 6.2 and then 6.3 and 6.4.

To install 6.4 I only needed the most recent 6.3 download since this time I deleted all my older versions like 6.1 and 6.2- at least that is what I assumed.

Right... the 6.3 download has all the needed files or not is my question. I deleted the entire folder as originally I had installed 6.1- 6.2 and then 6.3 and 6.4.

To install 6.4 I only needed the most recent 6.3 download since this time I deleted all my older versions like 6.1 and 6.2- at least that is what I assumed.
    yeah ss6.3 is a self involved mod. You can have both 6.1/6.2 and 6.3/6.4 as they install to seperate mod folders.

You can't have ss6.4 and ss6.3 w/o renaming one or the other, or switching out the files manually each time, i find two seperate installs work better, but thats just me...and i have a ton of free hdd space.

but yeah you assumed right +rep

======
    oh i'd manually delete the folder, as the unistaller leaves stuff...could be ss6.4 files conflicting with the ss6.3, or just rename the current non working folder and try a fresh install, so like rename it ss6.3false and install a fresh one.

which download did you use? or did you have the files still lying around.
    Last edited by Losthief; December 28, 2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    nt non working folder and try a fresh install, so like rename it ss6.3false and install a fresh one.

which download did you use? or did you have the files still lying around.
    I had the downloads lying around... I have 4 separate installs. Decided to redo the original one and that is the only one having problems. Used the same download for the other 3 so can't be corrupt files I don't think. I have 6.3, 6.4 with BGR, 6.4 for HS and wanted a 3rd 6.4 to test modding changes as I was previously swapping files with the BGR install but that got too complicated.

I had the downloads lying around... I have 4 separate installs. Decided to redo the original one and that is the only one having problems. Used the same download for the other 3 so can't be corrupt files I don't think. I have 6.3, 6.4 with BGR, 6.4 for HS and wanted a 3rd 6.4 to test modding changes as I was previously swapping files with the BGR install but that got too complicated.
    u got win 7 right?, did you install using the 'right click menu 'run as admin' option? This is sometimes necessary and always avisable even w/o uac off.

also when you turned uac off did you reboot computer after to actually disable it?

and lastly you could try copy pasting another one of your installs and renaming it and try to see if you can get it to run, then select new 'setup' options back to default. <---not sure that made sense ask me if you need me to be more clear.

hello. is there any news from the time that SS6.5 will come to life?

Sentrywatch's Avatar Foederatus
    Germania Inferior (Brabant, the Netherlands)

How do I install this for the steam version of Medieval II?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

The launcher will chaeck for steam when you run the setup.

Sentrywatch's Avatar Foederatus
    Germania Inferior (Brabant, the Netherlands)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    The launcher will chaeck for steam when you run the setup.
    That did the trick thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kretian View Post
    hello. is there any news from the time that SS6.5 will come to life?
    when they (by that i mean the developer(s) and beta guys) decide its bug free enough....or the wiki gets done if thats what's holding it up....i don't know anymore than that...but 6.4 isn't that old at all...and the submods keep it more than fresh

Are the missile units still bugged on the walls like in vanilla? Somebody please give me specific answers. I want to know if I should get back to playing the game or not.
    I just want archers to be realistic. It's very annoying to see people who are immortal against arrows. Full Image

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

If you mean crossbow units not firing on walls, then yes that problem still exists (bug with the walls, not the units).

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    If you mean crossbow units not firing on walls, then yes that problem still exists (bug with the walls, not the units).

How about gunners? On the field and on the walls? And do they kill better than archers now (in vanilla they had crap accuracy, low damage IMO and bugged animation)?
    I just want archers to be realistic. It's very annoying to see people who are immortal against arrows. Full Image

I'm sorry to ask another question, but can you do something about the wall bug like removing/lowering the crenelations or something? I just want archers/crossobwmen/gunners on the walls to be useful...desperately.

Edit: Oh and does this mod gives vassals some worth? Like in Shogun 2 where vassals increase your Daimyo's honor and gives you half of their income every turn?
    Last edited by RonaldAniban; January 03, 2012 at 05:12 AM.