Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2010

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

  1. #1101
    Gazz's Avatar Supai
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eastern Finland
    Posts
    332
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    And btw, when I try to change the settings, for example take Savage AI and I press OK, it says "working... (might take long!) and after some time it says "Error when trying to create temporary file. Operation aborted." and the game launches. When I try campaign/battle the game get's unspecified error and crashes. What to do?


    EDIT: It's SS6.4, 6.3 works just fine.

  2. #1102
    Miles
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    129
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Thanks for 6.4 !!!
    Torrent download works fine, for me it was 8mb/s.
    Installs fine too for both, 6.3 and 6.4

  3. #1103
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Open SS6.3\data\descr_settlement_mechanics.xml

    change this:
    to this
    and this:to this:



    DOES that mean to delete the city_modifier value="1.5" under SPF_SQUALOUR ?

  4. #1104
    Skizbot's Avatar Hastatas Posterior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    896
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    So the megaupload and 2share links are both broken?

  5. #1105
    Cloud.'s Avatar Kirā
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    278
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skizbot View Post
    So the megaupload and 2share links are both broken?
    Check page 65 and Losthief's post, has links on it.

  6. #1106
    Losthief's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,732
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud. View Post
    Check page 65 and Losthief's post, has links on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    update: 2shared doesn't like me no more lol....deleted them again...working on gamefront for you non megaupload users. Don't forget to +rep if you like the links and all thanks goes to gracul and the ss team. Also im assuming the megaupload links work just fine as they've all been downloaded more than once since last night already. pm me if not.

    For newcomers so you don't have to switch back to the first page: Take all 5 .bin files and ss6.3 and ss6.4 into one folder on your desktop labeled ssinstall. Run the ss6.3.exe file*** (little horsey) and install it. Follow that with ss6.4.exe.(make sure you install ss6.4 into the mods/ss6.3 folder ss6.3.exe created, so make sure the path reads c:/games/mtw2/mods/ss6.3 or the like.). The full 7zipped version has the game already per-foldered for installing, just unzip to desktop and run the .exe's.

    ***if you use win7/vista install outside of program files in a new directory like c:\games or something of the sort, and make sure you right click for the alt drop menu and click 'run as admin' for the .exe files. Also make sure you run ss_setup.exe after installing ss6.4.exe manually.

    Megaupload:

    ss6.3.exe: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ID3JQ9AV
    ss6.3-1.bin: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TUMHOHFD
    ss6.3-2.bin: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MPWMK810
    ss6.3-3.bin: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIUXA49J
    ss6.3-4.bin: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=STI4GYKY
    ss6.3-5.bin: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QTM4YGTJ

    ss6.4.exe: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=16HYTE94

    full 7zipped file package (all the above): (megaupload premium needed) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S9K76K5S

    2shared: host deleted them again....guessing they've been flagged or something....use megaupload for now.

    Gamefront:

    ss6.3.exe: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21013408/SS6.3.exe
    ss6.3-1.bin: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21013405/SS6.3-1.bin
    ss6.3-2.bin: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21013616/SS6.3-2.bin
    ss6.3-3.bin: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21013782/SS6.3-3.bin
    ss6.3-4.bin: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21013838/SS6.3-4.bin
    ss6.3-5.bin: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21013842/SS6.3-5.bin

    ss6.4.exe: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21013863/SS6.4.exe
    i'll keep re posting on the last page till either bane comes around again, or gracul gets my pm. gonna go post this in the 6.3 thread too.

  7. #1107
    Nietzsche666's Avatar Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    18
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Just wanted to let you guys know this Mod is far and away everything Medieval 2 should of been...absolute best mod out...Third Age is fun eye candy but its the same old rinse repeat steam roll across the map that bored me from the original. It made battles a chore. The depth of the Byg's Grim4, longer assimilation and limited activites enabled gives the game a feeling of being invested with a functioning dynasty and indispensable core inner circle instead of just a bigger mob of cannon fodder than the next guy. Your team should replace those overpaid slackers at CA!!LOL..Anyway... thank you guys!! Ill be playing this one for awhile !!!9.9!!! I just wanna know who to talk to so I can increase the frequency of blood textures..how would i go about that? THANKS AGAIN!!! (now I just have to figure out how to get The American Revolution mod working)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails walter.PNG  

  8. #1108
    Nietzsche666's Avatar Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    18
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    TO GAZZ ABOUT OPERATION ABORTED ERROR

    Im thinking it might be a permissions issue, hold shift and right click your sega folder, or whatever folder the mods in, and select "Take Ownership"...youll see the black command prompt come up and a bunch of text fly by...(dont worry its just you taking back control of your own computer)..once its over(could take awhile depending on the file size) try it again, thats how you destroy any quirky permission issues.

  9. #1109
    Losthief's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,732
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche666 View Post
    TO GAZZ ABOUT OPERATION ABORTED ERROR

    Im thinking it might be a permissions issue, hold shift and right click your sega folder, or whatever folder the mods in, and select "Take Ownership"...youll see the black command prompt come up and a bunch of text fly by...(dont worry its just you taking back control of your own computer)..once its over(could take awhile depending on the file size) try it again, thats how you destroy any quirky permission issues.
    or right click ss6.4.exe and click 'run as admin' from the drop down menu why uac is off (needs a computer reboot to actually turn uac off) and it'll create the temp file. If you installed outside of program files you might be able to skip the uac off part. Oh and uac only needs to be off during the install or why your running ss_setup.exe.

  10. #1110
    Nietzsche666's Avatar Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    18
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    or right click ss6.4.exe and click 'run as admin' from the drop down menu why uac is off (needs a computer reboot to actually turn uac off) and it'll create the temp file. If you installed outside of program files you might be able to skip the uac off part. Oh and uac only needs to be off during the install or why your running ss_setup.exe.
    just saying thats all i did, i dont ever disable uac....your computer will get raped...just saying if you take ownership while in administrator mode, every file is completely under your control afterwards,with the uac disabled reboot your taking the scenic route and opening your system up to possible penetration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails klaus_kinski_aguirre_der_zorn_gottes1233298144.jpg  

  11. #1111
    Luke Evans's Avatar Signifer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    B.C , Canada
    Posts
    234
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Its going to be a long night. two thumbs up.
    As long as you live, keep learning how to live.

    All things good to know are difficult to learn.

    A horse may run quickly but it cannot escape its tail.

    An hour may destroy what an age was building

  12. #1112
    Losthief's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,732
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche666 View Post
    just saying thats all i did, i dont ever disable uac....your computer will get raped...just saying if you take ownership while in administrator mode, every file is completely under your control afterwards,with the uac disabled reboot your taking the scenic route and opening your system up to possible penetration.
    i don't put things on my computer that i don't know exactly what processes etc etc it is....but yeah uac is good hence why i said make sure to turn it back on. As for 'giving permission' it still might put stuff in virtual store, cause thats not a permission issue but old games (like mtw2) still struggle to read the markers left behind to find the files, hence why they don't always work right. This is solved by installing outside program files as that disables virtual store. But ur absolutely right about UAC protecting computers, its a excellent addition, and adminstrator mode is good, and usually works, but my suggestion was for if it wasn't enough

    More than one way to skin a cat. . Oh and the run as admin is seperate than uac and adminstrator mode, it has something to do with another part of the security software...cause some people have to do it even with uac off, maybe a read only thingy i dunno, just know it works, so dunno.

  13. #1113
    Nietzsche666's Avatar Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    18
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Losthief...yeah, one thing im confused about though, this release is supposed to have a blood mod pack installed, well i went up against a scottish invasion,,both sides held the line for the whole battle, i rolled um up with the help of calvary, but I didnt see any evidence of any blood...which is dissapointing, I mean we pretty much had 1000:1000 casualty rate...not even the corpse piles had any real sign of blood letting, let alone the surviving hardest fighting surviving units....please, Im really looking forward to some BLOOD, did the blood texture files install in the right folder, Ive found them in the SS6.3/data/overlaytextures folder, but no real evidence that there doing anything from some battles ive had...any help would be apreciated..thanks

  14. #1114
    Losthief's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,732
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche666 View Post
    Losthief...yeah, one thing im confused about though, this release is supposed to have a blood mod pack installed, well i went up against a scottish invasion,,both sides held the line for the whole battle, i rolled um up with the help of calvary, but I didnt see any evidence of any blood...which is dissapointing, I mean we pretty much had 1000:1000 casualty rate...not even the corpse piles had any real sign of blood letting, let alone the surviving hardest fighting surviving units....please, Im really looking forward to some BLOOD, did the blood texture files install in the right folder, Ive found them in the SS6.3/data/overlaytextures folder, but no real evidence that there doing anything from some battles ive had...any help would be apreciated..thanks
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=blood

    here's the submod...its suppose to be included...but won't hurt to manually add it in and see if it helps. Theres screenshots in the thread to show what's included in the mod. Whats your settings on?

  15. #1115
    Nietzsche666's Avatar Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    18
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    ha ha thank you!!! definate improvement!!! Though i prefer it in rivers...a nice effect would be to see it run down hills in small streams according to gravity, big battles collecting in waist deep pools in small valleys..., none the less this is MUCH better!!! THANKS AGAIN!
    BTW...Got it running maxed out, modified the exe to adress all the ram it wants and give it high priorty in task manager....frame rates through the roof
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RED_RIVER_Wallpaper_b5p7j.jpg  
    Last edited by Nietzsche666; December 04, 2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: forgot somthing

  16. #1116
    Losthief's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,732
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche666 View Post
    ha ha thank you!!! definate improvement!!! Though i prefer it in rivers...a nice effect would be to see it run down hills in small streams according to gravity, big battles collecting in waist deep pools in small valleys..., none the less this is MUCH better!!! THANKS AGAIN!
    BTW...Got it running maxed out, modified the exe to adress all the ram it wants and give it high priorty in task manager....frame rates through the roof
    nice, what card you got...im shopping for a new one, looking at a geforce 570 or a radeon 6950...

  17. #1117
    Losthief's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,732
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Los lemme know if any of the links or torrent is not working, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    u get my pm?

  18. #1118
    Nietzsche666's Avatar Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    18
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    -just a Geforce 310m optimus on my laptop..its a quad core though, but with proper tweaking (besides overclocking) I get most games to run fantastic. I prefer high frame rates to perfect graphics any day though..got skyrim running on all high settings with hardly any lag..love that game

  19. #1119
    Cro-Gamer's Avatar Vexillifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany,Ulm
    Posts
    174
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Megaupload is down can someone up it ???
    I wanna play it so bad...
    Croatia was,is and will always be an independent country...

  20. #1120
    Cloud.'s Avatar Kirā
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    278
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cro-Gamer View Post
    Megaupload is down can someone up it ???
    I wanna play it so bad...
    Use the gamefront ones that Losthief posted on this page, it's post 1106.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •