Page 54 of 115 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Szycha03's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Hi.

I have problem. I have Vista and and did everything to fix UAC eetc etc. But when i was loading game or starting there is error and everything closed. Anyone can help?
    Thanks for help.
    "To be conquered and not surrender - it is victory, to victory and rest on laurels, it is defeat" Józef Klemens Piłsudski
    Please, if I have done some language mistake, tell me.
    If you have problems with math or physic just PM

ismelly's Avatar Laetus

I just got to playing Stainless Steel and i have to say, Wow.
    An amazing mod for an amazing game. You have earned some real respect for the dedication, time, and amazing detail put into this. Congratulations, you must be very proud of yourself and your team.

gabyu's Avatar Libertus

Will you release future versions? BTW, this mod is awesome, IMO it is the best M2TW mod.

Nordfeldt's Avatar Civis

Hi,

I need some help, how can I make it so templars can be recruited in Paris? I have added the templars_chapter_house hidden resource to the Paris province in descr_regions (in both the campaign and world folder to be sure) but it doesn't work. What am I overlooking? Thanks.
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 3.0Ghz
    4GB Mushkin DDR2 PC2-1066
    WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
    Western Digital 1 Terabyte HD 7200RPM
    Gainward PCI-E GeForce GTX280 1024MB 2x DVI
    NorthQ NQ-4775-850-flex 850W modular PSU ATX2

Quote Originally Posted by Nordfeldt View Post
    Hi,

I need some help, how can I make it so templars can be recruited in Paris? I have added the templars_chapter_house hidden resource to the Paris province in descr_regions (in both the campaign and world folder to be sure) but it doesn't work. What am I overlooking? Thanks.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...idden+resource

I read that tutorial and I think that you need to delete the map.rwm file. I'm not 100% sure if I read the tutorial right, so check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by gabyu View Post
    Will you release future versions? BTW, this mod is awesome, IMO it is the best M2TW mod.
    There will be future versions, but it probably will take a while, as much of the team are involved in other projects, like TATW and the development of DotS. Check those out if haven't their excellent mods as well, though DotS hasn't been released yet.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by gabyu View Post
    yes....its being worked on as we speak. It will be released when its finished and bug free as possible.

Nordfeldt's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud. View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...idden+resource

I read that tutorial and I think that you need to delete the map.rwm file. I'm not 100% sure if I read the tutorial right, so check it out.
    Thanks a bunch! + rep
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 3.0Ghz
    4GB Mushkin DDR2 PC2-1066
    WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
    Western Digital 1 Terabyte HD 7200RPM
    Gainward PCI-E GeForce GTX280 1024MB 2x DVI
    NorthQ NQ-4775-850-flex 850W modular PSU ATX2

sodabecool's Avatar Laetus

Hello guys im new to all this modding i have downloaded the files for 6.3 with megaupload but dont know how to open or run bin files sorry to be a pain in the arse guys but could someone please explain to me what to do

Enarec's Avatar Senator

@sodabecool: Did you download the installer.exe for 6.3 too? You need all of the SS 6.3 parts in the same folder, then run the installer.

could you please tell me how to open or run bin files im new to all this cheers sorry already got it explained to me
    Last edited by sodabecool; November 12, 2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: got the answer

no i didnt see the installer will look for it now cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sodabecool View Post
    could you please tell me how to open or run bin files im new to all this cheers sorry already got it explained to me
    Quote Originally Posted by sodabecool View Post
    no i didnt see the installer will look for it now cheers
    If you haven't solved your problem and what Enarec said didn't make sense, all you gotta do is put all of the bin files + the SS installer into one folder, a new one is fine. Then just double click the SS installer and you're good to go Hope it works!

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

could I inquire if the planned texture rescale update/patch/add-on has been done yet? I can't seem to find any recent threads discussing this, so I'm inclined to assume it's either under development limbo or was just a "suggested future project".
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
    Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
    Everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Hello,
    i was searching for a mod for m2tw and this mod looks awesome!(downloading right now)

i noticed that there are new models and units for kwhrezmians which looks awesome! so i wondering can u please make a new model for al haga inf?

Another thing which bothers me about muslim factions is that some powerful units can only me reciuted from cities not castles, this annoys me because after a battle ill have to divide my units some to a castle and others to city to retrain them ex(janassaries and tabadariya) . So i hope someone can tell me how to make these powerfull units recuited in there appropiate level in castles rather than cities.

Thanks in advance =)

If theres a bigger fail than this,its justin bieber.-Me

Quote Originally Posted by Antimatkiller View Post

Another thing which bothers me about muslim factions is that some powerful units can only me reciuted from cities not castles, this annoys me because after a battle ill have to divide my units some to a castle and others to city to retrain them ex(janassaries and tabadariya) . So i hope someone can tell me how to make these powerfull units recuited in there appropiate level in castles rather than cities.

Thanks in advance =)

That's not too hard to do. What you need is your Export_descr_buildings file. Copy and save an original, don't forget that, 'cause if you mess up...

Go into the file and find the unit in particular; let's take the Janissary Heavy Infantry. Right now, it can only be recruited in the military academy building. What you do is you copy the JHI's line and simply post it in another building's recruit pool, say the drill square. Assuming you're playing the Turks and not another faction, you will now be able to recruit them in the academy as well as the drill square.

Hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud. View Post
    That's not too hard to do. What you need is your Export_descr_buildings file. Copy and save an original, don't forget that, 'cause if you mess up...

Go into the file and find the unit in particular; let's take the Janissary Heavy Infantry. Right now, it can only be recruited in the military academy building. What you do is you copy the JHI's line and simply post it in another building's recruit pool, say the drill square. Assuming you're playing the Turks and not another faction, you will now be able to recruit them in the academy as well as the drill square.

Hope it works!
    thanks =) but i have a question , say i do change units for turks (janassiers hvy inf) and egypt,and i start a campaign with egypt,will AI be affected with change i did to turks recuitment system? i mean like not recuiting janassires hvy inf.

If theres a bigger fail than this,its justin bieber.-Me

Quote Originally Posted by Antimatkiller View Post
    thanks =) but i have a question , say i do change units for turks (janassiers hvy inf) and egypt,and i start a campaign with egypt,will AI be affected with change i did to turks recuitment system? i mean like not recuiting janassires hvy inf.
    I'm not sure if I got you fully, but anything you do to the EDB will affect both you and the AI. So if you made it so JHI are recruited in the military academy and the drill square, you and the AI will be able to recruit them the same way. What you can recruit/build is the same as what the AI can recruit/build for the same faction.

I want to preface this post by saying that yes, what I am about to say may well paint me a total newb. But so be it.

So, this is actually the first mod I have ever been able to successfully install and use. I tried one once for R:TW, way back when. Long story short, it was the type of mod that requires you to copy/paste a bunch of files, and I had no idea what I was doing, and I broke the game. Since then, I've been completely turned off mods, and been a strict vanilla player... lame as that sounds.

Well, I love my Total War games, but lately I needed something... more. And so I thought I'd try my hand once more... and almost screwed the pooch a second time, by trying another copy/paste mod. But I found some common sense, and then I found... Stainless Steel!

I just have to say, this is some serious, professional grade stuff, guys! No, scratch that... most professionals don't lovingly craft something so beautiful, with such great eye for detail. Not to mention, continuing with upgrading a mod for a game that most people might consider outdated. But not me. I am so glad to have found SS. It is super easy to install, plays like a dream. I truly doubt I'll ever be able to play vanilla, or any other mod of MT2, for that matter, ever again.

So, again, thanks to everyone who had a hand in this. My hat is off to you all!

I wish I could be playing this right now and be linking my empires =( Every time I start the setup menu and try to change the different settings I just get an error message saying "Error while trying to create a temporary file. Operation aborted." Hopefully I can fix this soon and start posting my campaigns!