Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

First of all Greetings to King Kong...and second he and his team mates created the best Mod ever. its been a while i played medieval 2 total war and when i downloaded this mod i was in a shock, the dramatic changes in graphics and game play tweaks by the team members made me thinking this mod should be called Medieval 3 total war . keep up the good work Pal and his team. as you always do..

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

@Chola
    Gracul is the mod leader now btw and he is the front man behind SS 6.3 & 6.4 not King Kong.

ahh as a founder i always have respect to old pal King Kong, and Gracul indeed did great job creating the Combined Mod. of course Credits goes to all the members who worked hard to bring this great Mod out .. thanks for updating me Ishan really appreciate it.

Viscount In TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Chola_Kingdom View Post
    ahh as a founder i always have respect to old pal King Kong
    As the founder, KK always needs to be respected by everybody or else to the gallows lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    As the founder, KK always needs to be respected by everybody or else to the gallows lol!
    indeed .

btw Ishan i need to ask a noob question here hope u dont mind to answer this. on this mod if i start early era campaign will i be able to see the late era factions around 1220 AD ? for example will tutonic order will emerge?, or should i stick with the late era for more challenge of the game.. btw my selection on the submods are " savage ai, byg grim iv, longer assimilation, permanent arrows, and perm watchtowers"

Viscount In TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Chola_Kingdom View Post
    if i start early era campaign will i be able to see the late era factions around 1220 AD ? for example will tutonic order will emerge?
    Yup, Yup you will.

Thank you

Viscount In TWC

Default How do i download SS?

Hey.

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to downloads and anything to do with this. Before any mods lock this, please note that yes, i have looked for what i want to know, yes i have tried the search function, and i still can't find help.

Essentially, i am a noob and can't work out how to download SS. I want to play 6.4, so i tried to download 6.3 first. I used the first 'mirror' - 'Mirror 1 - megaupload' for 6.3, directed from the main 6.4 thread. From there i reguarly downloaded each of the 5 parts 1 by 1. At the moment they are in a folder called Downloads in my computer, but i have no idea where to go from here or how to play it. I understand that most everyone here probably knows what they are doing but it is frustrating for someone who doesn't to be unable to find any simple 'noob' runthroughs.

Sorry if i a sound a little jaded.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Tribunus

Default Re: How do i download SS?

You have to download the installer.

Installer .EXE: Filefront or MegaUpload (3mb)
    Once you have more it and all five parts into a single folder, and double click it as you would any installer

At least I think so.

Thanks alot! It worked.

I guess that was pretty silly of me to miss that big red line of text. I suck at this sort of stuff. Im great at playing games, just not at getting them...

Tribunus

Can happen to anyone

Default Download takes to long?

I Just got a new pc and tried to download ss6.4 but i have to download 6.3 first
    SS 6.3 Part 1: MegaUpload (596mb)
    SS 6.3 Part 2: MegaUpload (599mb)
    SS 6.3 Part 3: MegaUpload (599mb)
    SS 6.3 Part 4: MegaUpload (599mb)
    SS 6.3 Part 5: MegaUpload (66mb)

the speed of this is way to slow currently takes around 1hr and half for each one
    i tried the other links but they are the same speed, also tried the torrent and left it on for half hour and it says 9 hrs left any suggestions as i was planning to play today?

Daddl's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Download takes to long?

This is around 2,4 GB. I think no one should need longer for that than 2-3 hours. But if your internet speed is low, load it over the night and enjoy it next day

For the record, this is amazing. I haven't played Med II for quite a while and was gobsmaked when I saw this bad-boy.
    But I do have a question... is it possible to put my own music into the sounds folder for the game, and will this work properly in the mod?
    Cheers!

I know this has nothing with your comment but i think you need to change The Templars, They where known for thier heavy (and elite) cavarly and heavy infantery.
    The Templars failure was the fact that egypt and the turks had fast light infantery and cavarly which the templars didnt have.
    Why im is that im a historical nerd and it's annoying.
    (sorry for my bad english )

In addition, what exactly is the difference between Early and Late era? (I assume one starts later then the other...) but what are the exact differences? Which should i choose, and can i change my choice? Because its still like an installation 'Setup' window and its asking me to choose.

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

The only difference is that the early era starts earlier than the late era. This means that in the late era, you get access to more advanced units faster. In the late era, most settlements start out more advanced as well. You can change your choice at any time. Just run the SS setup again and you can choose whether you want early or late.

Thanks!

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Daddl View Post
    This is around 2,4 GB. I think no one should need longer for that than 2-3 hours. But if your internet speed is low, load it over the night and enjoy it next day
    are you downloading anything else? The whole thing, 6.3 and 6.4 together take me about a 1/2 hour maybe 40 min....but i have pretty fast internet, but shouldn't be more than like 2 hours tops i don't think....check your firewall.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Just set it going and play it when it finishes. It's worth the wait

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team