Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Ducenarius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Why can't i recruit Longbowmen at late era with england?
    Is there an event that makes them available?

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1994 View Post
    Why can't i recruit Longbowmen at late era with england?
    Is there an event that makes them available?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Prince View Post
    If that's the case then I'd still rather opt for that 4 years long journey...
    I was joking & was tired yesterday S2TW forums are going crazy.
    To the question that Coeur de Lion asked the cause for this is DLV has a small map in comparison to SS. Bigger the map farther the settlements get. Now one could remedy this by increase of the movement points but the problem with that is it will then severely increase the turn times and that would suck big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosjack View Post
    Yes
    And strangely enough, it doesn't come along until the mid 13th century.

Why is it that such an event is required? Was that done to keep a lid on the English to make them less powerful in the early era? Were longbows (as opposed to smaller kinda of self bow) not employed for military purposes earlier on?

Not at all a negative criticism btw. Just wondering about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungreatness View Post
    And strangely enough, it doesn't come along until the mid 13th century.

Why is it that such an event is required? Was that done to keep a lid on the English to make them less powerful in the early era? Were longbows (as opposed to smaller kinda of self bow) not employed for military purposes earlier on?

Not at all a negative criticism btw. Just wondering about that.
    http://www.archers.org/default.asp?s...y&page=longbow

That little article says that the longbow wasn't introduced as a mass military weapon until the late 13th century, which is when the longbow event happens in SS.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    To the question that Coeur de Lion asked the cause for this is DLV has a small map in comparison to SS. Bigger the map farther the settlements get. Now one could remedy this by increase of the movement points but the problem with that is it will then severely increase the turn times and that would suck big time.
    This justification seems somewhat fair to me, but if there is just 1t/y, is one year fought on a summer campaign map and the following year fought on a winter one?

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Yes basically.
    There's several 2TPY sub-mods, though. My Compilation is 2TPY, the RozMod is 2TPY and a few other sub-mods are 2TPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Yeah, the greater map was the primary reason why I chose Stainless Steel back then - when I saw that infamous Buda/Pest split in the Hungarian region on the DLV map, I immediately knew it was not for me!

Ducenarius

i think that Rozanov's submod for destroying the crusader units if not using because two many of them bunkrupt a nation is not concluded
    Am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosjack View Post
    http://www.archers.org/default.asp?s...y&page=longbow

That little article says that the longbow wasn't introduced as a mass military weapon until the late 13th century, which is when the longbow event happens in SS.
    It says it wasn't used as a "formal" military weapon until 1252. Although that begs the question: is there any scholarly evidence as to the non-widespread utilization of the English longbow before that date? If something's out there, maybe the English could have recruitable longbows in that late 12th/early 13th-century period, but only at a small trickle so they aren't swarming the battlefield (but still prove useful in VERY limited quanitites) before that date.

Also, I was looking through export_descr unit to check the secondary and tertiary stats of different cavalry units. There were certain ones that there were certain ones that were labeled as "reckless" in their stat_mental section, especially French heavy cavalry. What exactly does the "reckless" attribute entail?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungreatness View Post
    It says it wasn't used as a "formal" military weapon until 1252. Although that begs the question: is there any scholarly evidence as to the non-widespread utilization of the English longbow before that date? If something's out there, maybe the English could have recruitable longbows in that late 12th/early 13th-century period, but only at a small trickle so they aren't swarming the battlefield (but still prove useful in VERY limited quanitites) before that date.
    By "formal" it means the longbow was introduced as a common unit within the armies. Prior to that, they were recruited among the local population, while afterwords they were specially trained and maintained as part of the regular English army.

Good work ! I really enjoy the new Slavic units, but there's ONE huge mistake you did ...

The new heretics are extremly competitive but I'm kinda dissapointed that you just included this system to the all fractions. It's interesting and competitive for Western fractions to give more interest because wars there is controlled by pope so there's no huge confilcts( mostly), but it looks completly stupid when playing for eastern fractions. For example I'm playing for Kievan Rus right now VH/VH and I surrounded by pagans,catholics and islamic priest from all the ways(surelly they sent 80% of priests to my lands) but what I see ? At the 2 turn my Bishop converts in to the heretic with 8 piety... Ok... Right now it's about every second priest that I bulid is just converted into the heretic(every tine with at least 4 piety) while I can't get any priest higher than 3. And yeah, I build my priests EVERY TURN . Do YOU think it's normal situation ?
    If they at least got the same piety when they convert I could burn em() but for about 40 turns I executed only one heretic... SO I got 4 enemy religions who is sucking life from my lands.

You did the competitive heretics not for the realistic gameplay but you totally missed the eastern fractions gameplay. Competitive play could be annoyng, hard, stressfull BUT don't look stupid .... Srsly I even don't mention about my preists right now, built one -forget about him he can't get above 3 piety.
    They transformed from the weapon in to the useless button in the city hire meny.

How could I off the new religion perk ?
    Or some modmod ?

It would be really great if you at least tested the new religion not only with France/England

I've recently switched from Savage to Gracul CAI, but I didn't notice an increase in aggressiveness from the AI. All my allies have 'very reliable' to 'trustworthy' reputations.

Is there some way to confirm that the SS Setup did in fact change the CAI?

I did start a new campaign after running the setup (Novgorod VH/VH).
    Last edited by danielrech; March 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielrech View Post
    Is there some way to confirm that the SS Setup did in fact change the CAI?
    Yes there is simply go in the data folder of your SS6.3 folder and open this file:-
    descr_campaign_ai_db.xml
    If you are using savage AI you will see this line at the top:-
    Code:
    <!-- SavageAI v0.82b -->

I wonder why we can not build Knight Hospitaller's chapter house in Krak des Chevaliers and Knight Templar's chapter house in Cyprus?
    According to these informations at the links below, there were a large base of Hospitaller in Krak and a base of Templar in Cyprus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Hospitaller
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar
    Last edited by assassin14; March 19, 2011 at 08:21 PM.

Kevvy's Avatar Foederatus

I loved this mod when I played on my other pc, i'm now re-downloading via the torrent option and just wanted to say that i'll seed for the torrent version and lift my upload limit to help boost downloading speeds once i've finished downloading it myself. Thanks guys for your effort developing this mod and keep up the good work!

Can anyone tell me if the Republic of Novgorod and Kievan rus factions from Battle for the Baltic 2 have been included in the 6.4 release? Or should i just stick with the 6.1 compilation? Thanks!

Sooo.... theres no more Ritterbruders for the HRE in the late era campaign???? Cuz i cant seem to get them at all............................ Why not just make chapter houses available for all factions to be built and not have them pop up once you have enough points ( of which i can never get enough for even the minor one for some damn reason..............) I want Ritterbruders!!!!

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

You can't get Ritterbruders in late era 'cause you have a Teutonic baby in the Baltics mate
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

How can I increase the turn limit? I like loooong games.