Page 31 of 115 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1994 View Post
    Hello
    i just wanna ask if the faster turn mod is available for SS6.4
    Here you go.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ight=scripting

I have run into a bit of snag. I have unistalled and reinstalled 6.3 and 6.4 many times to try n solve these problems. I get 6.3 to install and work, and then when i go to install 6.4 i will get all the way to the menu where you choose early era or late era and i click early era... and then it runs for a second and then this error message pops up : "Error while trying to create a temporary file. Operation aborted." So i just clicked start and exit, and clicked continue campaign, in the middle of computer's turn phase i get a pop up saying " Medival 2 total war encountered and unspecified error and will now shut down". So i try to start a new campaign and then i choose my faction and click start, but it goes right back to the single player menu. Someone help please!
    Last edited by BlakeDawg; March 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Where is the faction list for the new SS 6.4? are here any addition to older factions or everything is the same?!
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Same as 6.3.

Ducenarius

Why can't io recruit longbowmens?

Liandro's Avatar Miles

see post below
    Last edited by Liandro; March 14, 2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot to use quote, excuse me.

Liandro's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
    Where is the faction list for the new SS 6.4? are here any addition to older factions or everything is the same?!
    It's almost the same, the Romans are now again the Byzantines

hello... can anyone help me... read my post a few before this please.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeDawg View Post
    hello... can anyone help me... read my post a few before this please.

using XP or Vista/windows 7?

Running as administrator or limited user?

Probably not a corrupted file, seems like you don't have the rights to create a new temporary file were your game is isntalled.
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

Is the fix for the Archer Guild fix for SS 6.4 compatible with Teutonic Knights fix for SSv6.4?

Or should i apply ag fix first then Tk fix or vice versa?

Trabuc's Avatar Laetus

Your Crown of Aragon is very odd. It is not really mistaken but I think you picked a strange advisor for this.

I have seen that Segador wonders about the Coat of Arms. He says it should be 4 red stripes and 5 gold (yellow) stripes. This is the modern CoA of Catalunya. The legend comes that the Frankish King used his fingers to taint the gold CoA of the Count of Barcelona Guifré. The legend says he used his four fingers to stripe the CoA, but this is not clear. The CoA of the count of Barcelona (and lately the Crown of Aragon) where red and gold stripes sometimes seven red stripes sometimes five, sometimes four, three even two (in the vessel ships where three gold stripes two red). The fact is that today is accepted that the CoA should be with four red stripes, and the one used here looks very awkward.

The Dinasty also it is not wrong but you picked a small house from Kingdom of Aragon that ended in 1157. Then The Crown of Aragon (not the kingdom) started in 1157 with the death of King Ramiro II where Ramon Berenguer with the Barbastre Treat by marriage becomes Prince of Aragon and with his other Titles (Count of Barcelona, Girona, Osona, Cerdanya and Ribagorça) continues the Barcelona Dinasty with the lands of Aragon. His Son Alfons was the first King of Aragon and Count of Barcelona, Girona, etc...

There is always the same discussion: What dinasty was in the Crown of Aragon the Barcelonian (today closer as the Catalan) or the Aragonese (Closer to the Castillians). Castillians (Now called spaniards) state that the dinasty is the Aragonese but Catalans state is the Barcelonian. If we look both dinasties one can see which one is the main:

Aragonese Dinasty:
    1) Starts with Ramiro with the doubtios creations of the Kingdom of Aragon the history does not consider him as a king. He is the bastard son of Snacho de Pamplona.
    2) Sancho I (son of Ramiro) is considered first king of Aragon 1076
    3) Pedro I (son of Sancho I) 1094
    4) Alfonso I (Brother of PedroI) 1104
    5) Ramiro II (Brother of Pedro I and Alfonso I) 1134 He is known as the monk.
    6) 1157 No more heirs but his daughter Peronella End of the Dinasty. Number of years : 123 Number of Generations:3

Barcelonian Dinasty
    1) Starts with Guifre el Pilòs 878. Son of a Frnakish Aristocrat. Named Count of Barcelona by the Frenkish King Charles "The Bald".
    2) Guifre II 897 (son)
    3) Sunyer I 911 (Brother)
    4) Miro I 947 (Son)
    5) Borrell II 966 (Brother)
    6) Ramon Borrell I 992 (son)
    7) Berenguer Ramon I 1018 (son)
    8) Ramon Berenguer I 1035 (son)
    9) Ramon Berenguer II 1076 (son)
    10) Berenguer Ramon II 1082 (Brohter)
    11) Ramon Berenguer III 1097 (son of Ramon Berenguer II)
    12) Ramon Berenguer IV 1131 (son) Married with Peronella.
    *** From here the Castillians say it is the end of the Barcelonian (Catalan) dinasty.
    We can count: Number of Years: 260 Number of Generations: 9
    Because Ramon Berenguer had indeed a son called Alfons we can continue this dinasty but they called themselves Aragonensis because the title of king instead of the Count. They held both titltes (and more) separetly.
    13) Afons I 1162 (son)
    14) Pere I The Catholic 1196 (son)
    15) Jaume I The Conquerer 1213 (son)
    16) Pere II The Great 1276 (son)
    17) Alfons II 1285 (Son)
    18) Jaume II 1291 (brother)
    19) Alfons III 1327 (son)
    20) Pere III 1336 (son)
    21) Joan I 1387 (son)
    22) Marti I The Human 1396 (son)
    1410 End of Marti I and end of Dinasty. Number of Years: 532 Number of Generations: 18

If you want to be more accurate in Hystorical facts you should use the Barcelonian Dinasty. This has happened tou you depending on the source you took, if it is Castillian they will say is the Aragonese, only because at that time they spoke Catillian Romanç and culturally they are closer to the castillians. If the source is Catalan they will say is the House of Barcelona because they used to speak Catalan Romanç (Except Alfons II who spoke castillian romanç). It is a today political fight. For me both languages and cultures are important to explain the history of the Crown but I do not why Castillians always try to mnimize or extinguish the role of the catalans.

To me, as Segador says, you should pick the 4 red stripes Coat of Arms, is less awkward.
    You should pick the House of Barceona instead the House of Aragon, it is historically more accurate.
    You can call it the Crown of Aragon, but were the catalan aristocracy not the aragonese aristocracy who conquered at that time Valencia, Mallorca and Murcia. Also it was a Catalan spoken king who inherit by marriage Sicily and Naples. Almughavers were people that live on the frontier with muslims very tough and cruel. They conquered what is today Greece and part of ex-Yugoslavia. All the Almughaver writtings are in Catalan Romanç (Ramon Muntaner) and they were known in that era not only by the muslims but also by the rest of Europe as Catalans (The Catalan Vengance).

Anyhow I am changing the genealogy and names of the Crown of Aragon so when I play i feel it is more accurate. I can share it here if you want.

Thanks

Trebuc.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

I have but one question before I begin the lengthy download process, is SS 4 turns per year?

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    SS is 1 TPY.
    Ah ok, in that case, can an army march from London to Edinburgh in one turn?

(600th post!!)

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur de Lion View Post
    Ah ok, in that case, can an army march from London to Edinburgh in one turn?

(600th post!!)
    nope... at least three-four turns with dirt roads...

Nessun Maggior Dolores che Ricordarsi del Tempo Felice Nella Miseri

Quote Originally Posted by hull19 View Post
    using XP or Vista/windows 7?

Running as administrator or limited user?

Probably not a corrupted file, seems like you don't have the rights to create a new temporary file were your game is isntalled.

i have windows 7, and i can run as administrator but i didnt choose that when i tried installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by preachercheeze View Post
    nope... at least three-four turns with dirt roads...
    Ok, let's get this straight, I love MTWmods and am eternally impressed by the work of the SS group. But could anyone explain that logic to me please? Why, in any aspect of this game, would it make sense for it to take 3-4 years to make that journey??

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur de Lion View Post
    Ok, let's get this straight, I love MTWmods and am eternally impressed by the work of the SS group. But could anyone explain that logic to me please? Why, in any aspect of this game, would it make sense for it to take 3-4 years to make that journey??
    It doesn't makes sense & that's the point, We should be playing DLV not SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    It doesn't makes sense & that's the point, We should be playing DLV not SS.
    If that's the case then I'd still rather opt for that 4 years long journey...

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Gameplay>Realism

In this respect at least.