Page 30 of 115 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

SirGejor's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Epic Guys!!
    OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE
    Veni, Vidi,Vinci - Gaius Julius Caesar...

This will keep me busy for the next week until Shogun 2 is out, and then a bit more if Shogun 2 turns out to be a buggy mess (lets hope not)
    I do hope Shogun 2 turns out wonderful, and I do hope you masters of modding dip your toes in it at some point as well

I just want to say that this mod is one of the best & most massive ones i've ever played, for any game.
    Whenever I miss M2TW i always, ALWAYS install Stainless Steel, it IS M2TW for me, there is no substitute.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Thank you oh so much Stainless Steel team! this helped my spring break not turn into fighting with ETW's buggy AI (as did APE:TI mod) anyway I love it, i especially appreciate the anti pope idea as I am a seminarian so that is an added religion bonus for me

One thing though i'd like to say; although I understand full well the reasoning behind moving the start date to 1100 A.D. is so that the presence of the Crusader States is more historically accurate, I would like to say that the original start date of 1085 made alot of sense for this game because that allowed the first crusade to be called, and that to be the catalyst for the AI factions to do stuff, not to mention that historically that is the basic start of the High Middle Ages which is the center of the game. Also alot of the factions have conquering Judaea as part of their VCs. since it is held by a Chritian nation already it kindof seems like there is no incentive to go and grab it as the Muslims dont control it any more. To change it back myself would be stupid of course because nothing in the event chronology would make any sense...nor would any of the historical characters for that matter...
    Perhaps for the next SS installment an even Earlier Campaign could exist(in addition to the other two) in which the Crusader States do not exist and the Crusade would become a bigger part of the game's beginning stage.

now that i got that off my chest i am off to go crush more French rebels and break my alliance with the Scots! Thanks again!

EDIT: the heretics are far too strong, i know others have said so aswell. Thanks to Ishan i know how to change their trait values. I would like to suggest that it be considered for the next release to tone them down .

other than that, its great, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Open export_descr_character_traits.txt file aka EDCT file in your SS6.3\data folder.
    In the index you will see ";Part II - Section XIII: HERETIC TRAITS" section go to that location and reduce the piety level especially FalseProphet that adds piety 5.
    You can also remove the triggers but best not touch them if you are not familiar with this file.
    thanks Ishan. although anyone changing traits must note that the changes are not save-game compatible...at least for me they were not...the descriptions would change, but the actual values (like False prophet = 3 for real not just saying it does) only took effect upon starting anew campaign

but it dont matter, all is right with the religious world in the game now.
    Last edited by Ishan; March 05, 2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: double post
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    I'm downloading this mod as I assume it makes MTW like TATW (without the fantasy elements), but it would be helpful if you put a starter screen before all the others l(ike that on the TATW thread) that explains exactly what is Stainless Steel, what are its features, and why I should be playing this (instead of TATW even!). I haven't played any previous Stainless Steel version so seeing just the features of the latest upgrade is meaningless.

Yeah, i'd love some forum links (or .pdf manual links, if they exist) on the front page, so we can read up.
    I have no idea how BGR4's noble system works, or the war council, or the supply system.
    I'll search the forums and faff about for an hour now trying to learn, but there could very well be easy and quick links in the main post here in this thread about the major gameplay systems in effect
    I also have no idea how RR works and what affects the "Unit type: Rural" etc

Decanus

Very nice Looking forward to play it soon!
    Catch you on the flip side.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Yeah, i'd love some forum links (or .pdf manual links, if they exist) on the front page, so we can read up.
    I have no idea how BGR4's noble system works, or the war council, or the supply system.
    I'll search the forums and faff about for an hour now trying to learn, but there could very well be easy and quick links in the main post here in this thread about the major gameplay systems in effect
    I also have no idea how RR works and what affects the "Unit type: Rural" etc
    bgr: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106060

real recruitment: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380361 theres a guide about 5/6th fo the way down the OP.

Im just curious, why some of the mercenary units dont look like there fantastic unit cards.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by G3NUINE chief View Post
    Im just curious, why some of the mercenary units dont look like there fantastic unit cards.
    For example...?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A couple of examples.

Ok cool, thanks for the reply Ishan.

Still doesn't answer why they are there. I'm more curious where they are from, though. The spearman looks lithuanian, don't know about the crossbowman.

They are there because the filename for the unit and unit card matches. Probably some leftovers from previous versions but it's something small and will be taken care of with future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    They will be fixed gradually.
    Also Nubian Spearmen (im playing as Fatimid), their unit card and icon in the bottom shows them as bare-chested men, while in battle they look more like Desert Archers (still cool though).

rbursch's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you very much Gentlemen! I have downloaded the mod today. It is just overwhelming! All this love to the details. Heartly thanks,
    raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    bgr: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106060

real recruitment: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380361 theres a guide about 5/6th fo the way down the OP.
    I apologize, it was already in the FAQ
    I tend never to read FAQs, of either games or mods, because the standard is that they only contain "dumb questions" such as "what do i do with the .7s file??" and "Help!! I cant find my game folder!".
    I suppose the time has come when FAQs can actually contain useful information

People never read the FAQs because they don't think it's necessary btw it's not .7s format but .7z, it's a compression format like .zip and .rar.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

FAQ's are amazing, so is the search function.

Liandro's Avatar Miles

I think a new trait is in order. The Chronic for Middle Eastern generals, if Western Generals get Drink, I think ME should get the chronic from have those shisha dens.

Ducenarius

Hello
    i just wanna ask if the faster turn mod is available for SS6.4