Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 116186101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Looks like your basic game installation has been messed up - those pics all relate to your failed installation of the kingdom campaigns.

Recommendation: uninstall all campaigns and the main game, restart the computer to release registry entries, re-install the game and the campaigns. Then install SS6.3 and SS6.4. I wrote a little manual here that will apply to disk users as well, simply ignore the steam related stuff.

The Teutonic Knights fix download seems to not be there anymore. Anyone have a mirror, or can re-upload it?

Thanks for all the work done on the mod, i find it to be such an amazing mod

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Hi,

Where can I find Teutonic Knights fix for v6.4?.

I'm playing late era and BGRV Mod and I don't know if it is included in the Mod from Byg.

Blog Entries

Check if it is included in Meloo's fix.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Check if it is included in Meloo's fix.
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer, yes this fix are in Meloo´s fix but I don´t know the file that I have to take, because Meloo´s fix is not compatible whit Byg Mod BGRV.

Blog Entries

I am not aware what exactly the problem is with the teutonic issue - else I could tell which files it might be. My suggestion however is to install the complete fix and then to re-install BGRV over it. You will get better in Byg's thread regarding this.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

I am not aware what exactly the problem is with the teutonic issue - else I could tell which files it might be. My suggestion however is to install the complete fix and then to re-install BGRV over it. You will get better in Byg's thread regarding this.
    Ok, I will try that.
    Thanks.

yes, quite lovely indeed, outstanding work. Pardon my intrusion, but I know not in what place would my complaints be best left. There seems to be a problem with Byzantine recruitment, present in 6.3 and 6.4. It is quite simple, really. Whenever I open the recruitment tab (playing as the Glaawrious Roman Empire), the game crashes. I would not dare presume the game holds resentment towards our magnificent motherland, non?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

IIRC its has to do with recruiting them in early campaign as HRE before the faction spawns. Its not allowed. The fix enabled it then it goes away once the faction spawns midgame. Its in the edb, but i haven't really looked at these game files in so long it escapes me.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    IIRC its has to do with recruiting them in early campaign as HRE before the faction spawns. Its not allowed. The fix enabled it then it goes away once the faction spawns midgame. Its in the edb, but i haven't really looked at these game files in so long it escapes me.
    Do I need Teutonic Knights fix for v6.4 for the late era? I ask this, cause I´m playing BGRV and this SubMod is only for to play late era campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Hennin View Post
    Do I need Teutonic Knights fix for v6.4 for the late era? I ask this, cause I´m playing BGRV and this SubMod is only for to play late era campaign.
    if the Teutonic knights are an avialable (playable) faction then no. HRE might not be able to build the order houses, but its a small thing if so. Plus can be roleplayed away. Either way its not gamebreaking.
    LOSTHIEF

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

As it should be, the mod is amazing. Such a shame that the work on it stopped.
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

kog3100EDW's Avatar Laetus

I have gotten this mod to run successfully on a mac, and it is pretty great. But I'm trying to figure out what file or script points to the selected period (early or late) and AI. Changing these by running the SS6.3 or SS6.4.exe files is, uh, not convenient. I have poke around unsuccessfully looking for editable lines in the mod to change these. It might seem like a pain to do that, but it is infinitely preferable to having to go back to the original downloaded SS package and re-run the executables through a wineskin and then re-paste them into Steam mod folders. Is anyone familiar enough with the guts of the mod to point me to the right files?

@kog

I don't know the answer for your question, but what i use to get around that is multiple installs. assuming you have disk space (which is usually not a problem anymore) you can install SS6.4 as many times as you want. Just rename the already installed mod folder (to like early campaign ss6.3). Then install and run the setup you want for late game. Then you never have to do it again. All you have to do is rename the right folder you want to play ss6.3 and that is the one that will load with the correct settings/sub-mods/etc.

I do this so I don't have to remember the settings I selected while playing multiple games. I also used it a lot when i did the bug fixing stuff years ago so I could match common sub-mod setups. Works well.
    LOSTHIEF

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Hi,

Do I have to uninstall medieval 2 total war, if I want to reinstall SS6.4?,

Or only unistall SS6.4 and reinstall it again?,
    Last edited by Hennin; July 14, 2017 at 09:04 AM.

Just uninstall SS 6.4

The only folder that is important is the SS folder in the \mod folder.

u don't even really have to 'uninstall', just delete the folder ss6.3 and start over. Its all contained in the mod folder.

Also why do u need to reinstall? to do new setup there is a included setup file.
    LOSTHIEF

Can anyone answer me is boiling oil at the gates really enabled in Stainless Steel?
    Thanks.