Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 106085100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

What I found so far is I should copy my medieval.exe and rename it to kingdoms.
    Seeing that the executable got merged this might actually work even without the kingdom campaigns installed. Give it a try.

Ok I'll install as instructed in this thread then do the renaming trick.

Alright! So I installed 6.3, after installation it said it couldn't find kingdoms.exe so I did the copy and rename trick, then patched it to 6.4 and it seems to work perfectly so far! Was able to start a campaign!

Ran into some CTDs but that error messsage mentioned graphics, turns out my Nvidia Control Panel thought medieval2 wasn't worth using the dedicated GPU and instead set it to use the Internal GPU (Intel HD 3000) it was on autoselect.

Taught the Control Panel some respect by setting both the mediaval2 and kingdoms .exe files to use the Nvidia card and seems to work fine now.

So yeah, seems to work without having the kingdoms expansion, in the steam version

Does the mod use any Kingdoms assets which it then wouldn't be able to find further down a campaign? I'd hate to play one only to have it interrupted half way or something.

Thanks for your help so far!

Blog Entries

All the kingdom 'assets' are provided by the mod, with the disk version the important thing is the different executable which isn't a problem with Steam apparently. The merger of the executables however makes is impossible to play mods on Steam that are based on the old medieval2 executable - these mods require to be made compatible with so called 'kingdom' mods (like SS is).

Alright thanks! Gonna start my campaign then Crusader States seem really interesting, although it's quite jarring to start of a campaign with negative income

Hi! It's my first message.

So here is the thing. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, if there is something I don't understand, or if I just have to wait more, but I got the feeling that something isn't working fine. I started an early campaign as Venice. I'm currently at turn 34. I did my first crusade around turn 10. One general took Alexandria. The other two also crusaded the same turn I captured the city. That should be 85 points towards a St. John's Chapter House. Also, from turn 14 onwards, my >5 chivalrous general was back in Venice, granting more points each turn.

Turn 25 and I still didn't get an offer for a St. John's Chapter House, although by that point I should have way more points than it actually needs to trigger, and I have received offers for other guilds, such as merchants, theologians and thiefs. At turn 29 I decide to go on another crusade. At turn 33, before capturing Alexandria once more, I make everyone of my generals, around 10, join to it. By this point I should have around 400 points towards the St. John's Chapter House. But at turn 34 I still don't get an offer. Neither do at turn 35, 36, 37... What's happening?

Thanks.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoule View Post
    Hi! It's my first message.

So here is the thing. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, if there is something I don't understand, or if I just have to wait more, but I got the feeling that something isn't working fine. I started an early campaign as Venice. I'm currently at turn 34. I did my first crusade around turn 10. One general took Alexandria. The other two also crusaded the same turn I captured the city. That should be 85 points towards a St. John's Chapter House. Also, from turn 14 onwards, my >5 chivalrous general was back in Venice, granting more points each turn.

Turn 25 and I still didn't get an offer for a St. John's Chapter House, although by that point I should have way more points than it actually needs to trigger, and I have received offers for other guilds, such as merchants, theologians and thiefs. At turn 29 I decide to go on another crusade. At turn 33, before capturing Alexandria once more, I make everyone of my generals, around 10, join to it. By this point I should have around 400 points towards the St. John's Chapter House. But at turn 34 I still don't get an offer. Neither do at turn 35, 36, 37... What's happening?

Thanks.
    What is your factions reputation?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Hi, Navajo. I'm playing in Spanish, so I'm not really sure how it is in English. Hm... "Absolutely worthy of trust", maybe? I think there are no more levels above this. I must say yesterday, after searching a lot, I found another message in this forum that may have the key for my problem: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14892373

But I don't know if it still works like that or if it has changed. So, as Venice faction, my best bet would be to capture Iraklion and upgrade it to a city? I will never receive an offer for it in the city of Venice?

Thanks!

P.S. I might have asked for an answer in the wrong thread. Sorry if that was the case.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoule View Post
    Hi, Navajo. I'm playing in Spanish, so I'm not really sure how it is in English. Hm... "Absolutely worthy of trust", maybe? I think there are no more levels above this. I must say yesterday, after searching a lot, I found another message in this forum that may have the key for my problem: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14892373

But I don't know if it still works like that or if it has changed. So, as Venice faction, my best bet would be to capture Iraklion and upgrade it to a city? I will never receive an offer for it in the city of Venice?

Thanks!

P.S. I might have asked for an answer in the wrong thread. Sorry if that was the case.
    Dhoule,

I forgot the obvious, the thread you found is absolutely correct, it is only available in certain settlements and is based on settlement size.

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Does basic campaign difficulty (eg. very hard) interfere with script such as Savage AI? What i want to say is if i turn on Gracul AI and easy difficulty, will AI be very agressive due to script and negate easy difficulty?

hey guys i need some help with Stainless Steel 6.4. i currently have the steam version of M2TW+ Kingdoms. i have installed the mod and it works until i go to the battle map. if i simulate through the battles the campaign seems to work fine. but whenever i have a battle it crashes at the end of the loading screen with either a fatal graphics error or an unknown error. i installed everything as an administrator, turned of UAC, tried changing the name to a kingdoms folder (ie americas). any ideas?

hey guys, can anyone help me? I've downloaded both 6.3 and 6.4 downloads and installed both and im having this message show when i try and run ss... "unable to locate kingdoms.exe. Is Kingdoms.exe in your MTW2 folder?"

I have no idea what this means

Blog Entries

Have you checked the path to your mod? Looks like it ended up in the wrong directory. Otherwise I would think you are using steam which might need this method.

Hey, I'm having a problem with my Crusader States Campaign, the game will often crash while a battle is being loaded with the following message:

Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

That's also all the system.log.txt says, any ideas how I can resolve this?

Hi guys, I've just installed medieval 2 from steam, installed 6.3 and 6.4 into the mods folder and I am unable to run the game. I renamed the medieval2 application to kingdoms then I get failed to start game (missing executables). I am not sure what to do, I only have the medieval2 app, if I run it as it is I can play normal medieval 2. Does anyone know why? I tried the renaming thing mentioned above but still get the pop up problem. Should I of done it before I patched 6.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain127 View Post
    I renamed the medieval2 application to kingdoms then I get failed to start game (missing executables).
    Try copying the executable instead and renaming the copy. So that you're left with two executables, one kingdoms.exe the other medieval2.exe. That's what I have with steam and it works.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey all. Haven't logged in since 2011. Wow! Anyways. Thinking about playing this game again. Installed Stainless Steel 6.4 but the link is dead for the Teutonic Knights fix for v6.4. Does anyone have a copy of that file? I've been unhappy with Rome 2 and other Total War games. Would love to see total war medieval 3 anyways cheers to jumping back into this game.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll check in my archives to re-upload it but I'm not sure I have it.

Anyway, if you've been away for a while, check this thread. It might interest you.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Is that the "Royal Ladies" mod for Teutonic Knights youre talking about?

p.s.
    Welcome back
    Of course things have changed since 2011...
    I now have an entirely taller feather in my cap..... so, yea.
    The bird that contributed my previous feather has since been disowned by its family!
    That's how awesome my new feather is!!!!!
    Last edited by Duck of Death; February 13, 2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Hi everyone
    I have installed 6.3 and i can play it but 6.4 isnt working. When i open SS 6.4 as admin it cant open and returning to desktop. Also the errors given at the below
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...DhGWmFrVXY4V0U
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...29YNWM5ZW5HMHM
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...VdjczA0NEpfeG8