Page 109 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9598499100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Where is SS7 thread? Has it been released yet?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

As SS7.0 is not developed anymore, the relevant thread is obviously a few pages behind. There's one on page 3 of the main forum
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

What does real combat actually change?

Just want to know.

Blog Entries

More accurate stats for units on battle fileds, based on weapons and armours types if I remember correctly.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by fate View Post
    Where is SS7 thread? Has it been released yet?
    But you can try and play the submod of SSHIP, for me and many players is the next stainless steel, much historical and challenge, and also the developers or modders will release a new patch soon
    Here is the link.....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)
    ENJOY!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I have a dream, that one day Germanicu5 will log in only to share a link of the new SS 7.0 and then disappear again with the promise that he will return one day with SS 8.0!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Anyway the SSHIP, Titanium and rest submods are the true successors of SS 6.4 leading it to new paths of glory!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I tried reinstalling this mod after quite a while. But I'm stumped at the 6.4 patch. I keep getting the "cannot find kingdoms.exe" error every time I use the launcher

Which is kinda weird since I heard this error happens to steam users and I don't get the game from steam, every other mods worked fine, even 6.3.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Simple solution: make a copy of your medieval2.exe and name it kingdoms.exe - steam only has the medieval2 file which is now merged (after release of this SS version) with the kingdoms file.

Edit: never mind, you don't have the steam version. Which means you installed SS into the wrong directory or don't have any of the kingdom campaigns installed.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 11, 2016 at 08:49 AM.

The 6.4 patch is installed on top of the 6.3 files right?

I'm a bit confused as of now, I thought there was a problem with the kingdoms.exe file so I tried to open the vanilla kingdoms campaign and everything was running smoothly
    All of the mods I'm using is also working since they need kingdoms.exe to operate

Is there something I'm missing or am I doomed to play 6.3 forever?

Blog Entries

Seeing that the kingdoms.exe is present and working with the default campaigns the only thing left is a problem with the BAT file for your installation of 6.4 or the installation path itself:

Trace the BAT file by right clicking on the desktop shortcut you are using and choose 'properties' - then click on 'open file location'.
    From the top of the explorer window copy the complete path that is displayed into a post here.
    Then open the BAT file by right clicking it and choosing 'edit' - copy the whole content here as well.

I tried reinstalling the 6.4 patch again just to check on the BAT files using the shortcut like you mentioned. But for some reason the mod runs now.
    Heck I haven't done anything yet, install path is pretty much the same as the last time.

I have no idea what I did right now or what did I do wrong back then, but it worked.
    Anyway thanks for the help gig much appreciated!

Blog Entries

Did you try the BAT trace before re-installing? That would have pointed out were the problem was.

But never mind, glad to hear that the problem is solved.

Can sombody help me solve some problems about the Stainless steel 6.3 and or 6.4 mod. After playing with Napoleon total war, i decided to come back to Medival 2 total war, i had some problems with installing Medival 2 total war but with the help of the Bare Gemod from Gigantus(thank you very much) i finaly can play it again. Then i saw there was a mod called Stainless steel 6.3, i installed it, it worked till round 50 then it crashed. I didn't find any solution to the problem(only a patch or something, but i didn't found it) so i decided to install Stainless Steel 6.4, thinking it would fix the problem, wich it eventualy did, but then the game started to crash more and more. I don't know if can ask help overhere, but can somebody help me to fix the problem? thx!

the website of total war center is offline no???it has many problems these days....
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Dear Stainless steel
    I've been having trouble over the last fortnight trying to install Stainless steel on my computer.
    I've followed user comments posts and even followed step by step processes on youtube (from lionheart and pixelated apollo).

I've installed 6.3 and 6.4.in my medieval 2 folder. When I've tried to run the launcher it comes up as ''unable to locate kingdoms.exe is kingdoms in your folder''. I've moved the SS6.3 files into my Americas mod folder. I've copied and pasted medieval total war 2 and renamed it kingdoms (following a youtube video). And I've tried to run stainless steel by doing the setup (translations and campaigns and then right clicking the medieval 2 file in steam and running it through Americas mod and it just runs Americas total war as normal.

Could you please guide and help me as I would be so grateful
    as I enjoy medieval total war and would love to play it in authentic mode in stainless steel just as I once did in attack darth mod.
    thanks

Blog Entries

Are you playing on Steam? Then check this.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    the website of total war center is offline no???it has many problems these days....
    Please check the global headlines before complaining.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 02, 2017 at 02:42 AM.

cannot get the 6.4 download links to work

firefox says torrent is just phishing and wont redirect me

Filefront redirects to different site that does not have the mod.

Also what are these submods everybody is talking about? I was thinking of getting blood, massive battles, and weaker heritics. What is titanium and sship?

Blog Entries

I've updated the download links in the 1st post.

Regarding submods, have a look here. This thread is listed on top of the Stainless Steel subforums
    That's also where you'll find the info about Titanium and SSHIP submods.

Hey guys, I looked around but I'm quite confused how I should go about installing Stainless Steel.

So first off, I'm on steam and I don't have Kingdoms (kinda disappointed tbh, bought Medieval in a bundle to play it again after such a long time, forgot about kingdoms, didn't realize it wasn't included)

So... how do I best install Stainless Steel (also thinking about the SSHIP submod, is that more stable and recommended?) and
    How do I go about then making it compatible with Steam?

What I found so far is I should copy my medieval.exe and rename it to kingdoms.

Thanks for the help! Also apologies if this is the wrong thread, I just picked what looked like a general and still active thread.