Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Okey third post, after some tweaking and naming ss6.3 folder to another kingdoms campaign i made it 2 work. Great!

Also have the issue with Media Fire.
    The only file I can't get is Part 5 for 6.3 and yes I am using the torrent (have been for days now) and no luck at all.
    (For those that can use Media Fire refer to the previous page. +Marius+ shared several links.)
    If like me Media Fire is broken - The rest of 6.3 can be downloaded from Filefront(Gamefront?) on the 6.3 original release page. (all but part 5)

Vythodias's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Catskill Mountains; upstate New York

Has anyone ever had a problem with the AI armies causing CTD's during reinforcing battles? That is to say, whenever a battle is fought with AI reinforcments, the game consistently CTD's. At first I thought the glitch may have been a graphical error, such as the Hospitaller glitch that's been mentioned a few times in the forums, but this is different, and I think I was able to manually fix that... In fact, I'm sure I have as I've used the Hopsitaller Units... This CTD only seems to happen when there are reinforcing armies -- does anyone know how best to proceed or a resource I can refer to? I've been searching online for hours, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: Thank you for the help Lifthrasir; I've already referred to this resource, but unfortunately, I'm working on my own submod and this patch would essentially overwrite most of my changes; unless you know a work-around? Or, perhaps (know of) a specific coding solution to the problem. I know it has to be a simple coding error, I just lack the insight in fixing myself. Again, thanks for your help! I appreciate you.
    Last edited by Vythodias; May 18, 2016 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Update
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Have a look here. That might solve your issue.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Laetus

Hi guys, I've been playing MTW II (and the kingdoms expansion) for years now! When I heard about the SS6.4 mod I absolutely wanted to play this.
    The problem is I am a pc noob and I really don't know what to do to obtain the SS mod. I have never downloaded any mods or anything in my life.
    In addition I have windows 10 I don't know if that would be a problem.. The MTW II games I have are discs.
    Anyhow, all the help is welcome

Thanks guys
    pc noob

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by pc_noob View Post
    Hi guys, I've been playing MTW II (and the kingdoms expansion) for years now! When I heard about the SS6.4 mod I absolutely wanted to play this.
    The problem is I am a pc noob and I really don't know what to do to obtain the SS mod. I have never downloaded any mods or anything in my life.
    In addition I have windows 10 I don't know if that would be a problem.. The MTW II games I have are discs.

Thanks guys
    pc noob
    Hi pc_noob! You will find all the necessary information in the OP (opening post) of this thread! All the details are there and everything I say here will be redundant. Even if you do something wrong, there are lots of people here who are more than willing to help.

Your effort to download and install SS will be rewarded, trust me. It's a great mod, top three I believe!

I have downloaded SS 6.3 and 6.4 on steam and installed them but when I launch it it says "Unable to locate kingdoms.exe
    Is kingdoms.exe in yourMTW2?"
    Please help me!

Also I have windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by pc_noob View Post

Thanks guys
    pc noob
    play the sship submod, is funnier and more historical!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

TheMrVister's Avatar Foederatus

This mod is the best! I love this mod

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

I already made a threat about this, so I'm sorry if this post is redundant or annoying, but it appears the download link to patch 6.4 is not working.

Does this mod support A.I. in Call of Warhammer mod?

Vythodias's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Catskill Mountains; upstate New York

Greetings all!

Thanks to TWC members like Ishan and Gigantus, and their incredible tutorials, I've learned so much about modding many of the core files of M2TW. But, what this post is about, (and I've been looking for a while if truth be told) is that I've created a custom S.S. hotseat campaign for a few friends and neighbours (for real, it's a small town...) and what I'm wondering, is how exactly do I set up the default.cfg file in such a way, that defensive battles are not auto-calced, and perhaps as equally important, how do I make sure the "scrolls" that occur between turns show up for each faction, and not just the first faction to play the hotseat? And also, and I apologise sincerely for being a pest, how do I lock the console for administrator access only?

I know that was a little bit of a mouthful but any help anyone can offer would be sincerely appreciated. I promise, I'm a very good student.

- V -
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Triomphe's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by thanoskill12 View Post
    I have downloaded SS 6.3 and 6.4 on steam and installed them but when I launch it it says "Unable to locate kingdoms.exe
    Is kingdoms.exe in yourMTW2?"
    Please help me!
    Assuming you haven't already found an answer to your problem, I've just had the same problem and spent a lot of time searching the forum, so here is the solution :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-mods-quot

Laetus

So, I downloaded SS 6.3, I didn't know what it was so I put it in the "mods" folder. There I realized it was just a setup for the actual mod. So, I runned the setup, installed the mod in the "mods" folder, and I executed the "launcher", but it says
    "Unable to locate kingdoms.exe,
    Is Kingdoms.exe in your MTW2 folder?"
    But what is this "kingdoms.exe"? I bought and downloaded the game from Steam with Kingdoms, but I can't find "kingdoms.exe" anywhere, is it a Steam error during the download?

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Triomphe View Post
    Assuming you haven't already found an answer to your problem, I've just had the same problem and spent a lot of time searching the forum, so here is the solution :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-mods-quot
    Oh, thanks man

TheMrVister's Avatar Foederatus

Great, I love this mod!

Great mod, it works like a charm and I just installed it today, so this mod is faaar from dead. I will repeat the steps I made, so everyone can benefit from this fantastic modification:

Step 1: Download SS 6.3 from the files Melooo posted in Mediafire as seen a few posts/pages back. All the files, even SS 6.3 - part 5 are available.
    Step 2: Install SS 6.3 in the M2TW folder of Steam, preferably not in the Program Files. It will detect Steam, so make a shortcut in Steam as explained in the setup files.
    Step 3: Download SS 6.4 from Bane's torrent as seen in the first page, it still works. Install it in the modfolder of M2TW as explained.
    Step 4: Remake a Steam shortcut for the SS 6.4 and remove the 6.3.
    Step 5: Copy your Medieval Launcher.exe and name the copy "kingdoms".
    Step 6: Launch the game, fill out your preferences and era and start.
    Step 7: Download the fixes and patches compilation of Melooo as seen a few postst back and install in the M2TW modfolder as explained.
    Step 8: Launch and play the game as it is intended.

Good luck!!!

Whenever I try to launch Stainless, it tells me it canīt find the exe for medival 2. I am running steam version

Guys! I decided to not continue playing with this MOD (I really love it!), however finishing turns take too long, first 50 turns take 20 secs to 2mins, at turn 140 take up to 7 mins, turn 200+ take up to 12 mins! quad core processor, 8GB RAM, graphic card with 4GB RAM. PC is not an issue here. I' try everything! reduce graphics (shadows and AI follow move) run as administrator, reinstall the game, reinstall the OS and the game again, everything updated. I did a deep search in every posts related and none of this works. Any ideas to solve this, please do not send me a link with an old post (2007-2015) I've already tried all. Posting here is my last chance... (apologies for my English, I'm not a native speaker).