Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 252779293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

I have a problem when i go to play a campain i select a faction and press start then it sends me back to the menu what do i do?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ArtKey View Post
    So im playing a VH/VH campaign. BGRIV, Real recruitment, Longer Assimilation, NO Permanent watchtowers, Permanent arrows, GRACUL AI. So everything is on the most difficult possible settings. I even picked Scotland.

I have to admit i am the micromanaging type. I make sure everything is squeezed out of a turn before i hit the next turn button. But im sure im not alone on this.
    So England was gone by turn 8. They did manage to take back Nottingham and Caernarvon while i was taking Caen and Paris, but their capital Paris still fell and they were destroyed without issue.
    By turn 15 most of France was mine. What? They have one city standing with 3 stacks next to it doing absolutely nothing. Broke as a joke. Im not going to destroy them just yet.
    Fast forward to turn 90 and i am making 20k per turn profit and have 8 stacks of milita mixed in with one or two mailed knights and foot knights mixed in (real recruitment is good). Most of Norway and Denmark is mine and some of Venice. Aragon and Leon is gone.

Why is this so easy? The funnest part was in the very beggining when England had triple the army of mine and i had to fight smart. They could of destroyed me if they wanted to. This Gracul Ai after all!
    The seige Ai sucks ass. The battle Ai is decent. BGRIV is not difficult just a lot more annoying. Real recruitment is a step in the right direction, even though fighting with milita for 100 turns is annoying. As is the "best troops only in Citadels" bit has its flaws. As Citadels are nearly impossible to get, possible but not realistic. You need a 10 star Chivalry general with several traits in public order. Why would you leave a 10 star general in a city when there is fighting to be done? Not to mention its a lot more difficult to get Chivalry or Command stars in SS6.4.
    In the end if it all, i want to be scared for my life as i see 2-3 stack armies heading for my capital. Then have to fight the full stack garrison to get the city back, not wait 5 turns and take it back with 3 militas inside. Not only their capital should be with a full garrison.
    I don't want to be able to take their cities so easily, and them only attack with a few more troops than necessary. Schiltrom at the town square and you can win double the unit enemy has.
    Sigh* Im not even going to start on Rome 2.
    Deeply saddened by this.
    Yes, I know how you feel. There is way too much money in stainless steel to make a difficulty mod like bgriv have enough effect for a good player. Also many of the player only benefits inherent in TW games make the player invincible.

This is why I created bgrv. It is a different game entirely.
    Last edited by Byg; December 29, 2014 at 05:39 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

@MDCCLXXVI: yeah some valid points in the rant hehe

However is ultimatly the modder's prerogative what to do or not in his mod.

The modder unlike a game developer is not bound to any contract that requires him to please a publishing/dev company and its customers, only the ego and desire for praise might make him do that, of which i'm certain many like me don't really give a damn of it, modding itself is a hobby a past time to create something which no one will pay you for, except for the odd donations.

So when i see people complaining about what modders do and say how things should be, i say why don''t you try at modding? I invite you to learn the tools of trade and start making your ideas into your own mod or submod and test if what you think is good, does really work.

Cheers mate!
    Have a happy new year!

Muslim factions are really low for a single reason, the creator of mods did not want to do more research to create swordsmen Muslim, he is tired to create swordsmen Christians.
    whether a person creates unity of Muslim swordsman fatimid empire and empire Khwarezmian thank you.
    Muslims owns units that peasants militias and Saracens infantry and I do not even want to talk about the small Muslim cavalry.
    thank you for the person who will make a donation to create a new file for Muslim factions.
    Happy New Year 2015

Hi guys,

Thank you for such a wonderfull mod, units and graphics are absolutely awesome!

Is there a donation link or official site for SS?

Thanks.

Another thing - SS 6.4 crashes from time to time if bugfix compilation 1.26 is applied, i am from russian forum and many people are having troubles with fix compilation 1.26 , i have to play without it to play stable

Cheers.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; January 10, 2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: double post merged

is there a download link? I want to get this mod.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

I'd advice you to read the first post.

Having problems downloading this, torrent link gives me an error and gamefront times out

Have you tried the links at this thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-October-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Deteriorate View Post
    Have you tried the links at this thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-October-2013)
    Thanks, I feel like an idiot right now because I was looking around but totally missed that thread

It happens

My torrents show up in Isohunt searches now, their rating has gone from 5 to 10 so I guess they are working for someone; click below to get SS6.4

https://isohunt.to/torrents/?ihq=stainless+steel

Fantastic mod! Where do I go to report a bug though?? The game is constantly crashing on my End Of Turn when the other factions are taking their turns. I cannot figure it out and it happens in all of my campaigns now! arrrghh!

I love this fantastic Stainless Steel mod and all the unique units and many factions. The makers of this mod deserve the Noble Peace Prize for making war so beautiful and fulfilling.

The bad part is that I included that frustrating add-on Byg mod which is destroying my game by making all my generals and king lose all their loyalty so they can neither lead armies nor stay in cities. I need to get rid of Byg desperately, so I'm wondering if there is a way to uninstall Byg without having to reinstall the entire game?

EDIT: The supply aspect is good cause it is realistic that armies can't hang around out in the field for a long time. The Byg mod (BGR?) would be useful if the zero loyalty bug were removed.
    Last edited by RodentDung; January 25, 2015 at 03:12 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

TJStrong87,

Please raise your crash problem in Bugs and Technical section, please read sticky thread there about how to report a bug

Rodent Dung,

Go into MTW2/MODS/SS6.3, locate SS Setup, right click and Run As Admin, untick BGR selection and start a new campiagn

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Navajo Joe, thank you for your blazing fast reply and perfect answer. That way to adjust the settings is very easy once we know how to do it. Thank you.

So is SS 7.0 on the way ?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by aaron4412 View Post
    So is SS 7.0 on the way ?
    possibly...but i wouldn't wait on it. 6.4 is a good game and using submods will make up alot the difference.
    Last edited by Losthief; February 05, 2015 at 07:47 PM.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

sim0b's Avatar Libertus

Kingdoms Grand Campaign is worth a look... more settlements, factions and units with a so called enhanced AI. Have a look.
    9/11 was an inside job. 3 buildings collapsed inc building 7, and no one even knew!

The best mod ever!