Thread: Some gaming offtopic

DiZaster's Avatar Civis

Default Some gaming offtopic

Ok,i have a new computer now(Amd phenom x4 9600b,4gb ram..gt 240 (1 gb version) ),and finnaly i installed Empire Total war.The first impresion?This game sucks!It is very laggy(playable,but ..anyway) even if the graphics are crap.Even crysis is more playable on ultra high then empire.And u now,there is nothing "magic" in it,i dont have the fealings that i had when i played for the first time Rome.
    Am I insane?So long waited to play this game ..and now (

Respect mai autoritai!..

Default Re: Some gaming offtopic

Graphics arent crap, and graphics arent everything, and the game doesnt sucks, it is not has good has Rome, but it is good, try playing Darth mod
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

It's an indication of a bad game when everyone who defends is saying "well, just install this mod".

I heard Napoleon is better though.

Well yes, but i woudnt be playing RTW if it werent for the mods, and i didnt tried Napoleon..
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Big problem with Napoleon for me is the lack of a "big" campaign.

I actually enjoyed vanilla RTW as is. The mods just add more life to an already enjoyable game. I actually spend more time modding it than playing though.

DiZaster's Avatar Civis

hehe,anyway..i will tray the game,maybe to play some days in an english campaign.
    Last edited by DiZaster; January 11, 2011 at 08:15 AM.

Respect mai autoritai!..

Napoleon Tw was only tw that I could swalow somehow without the mods...

DiZaster's Avatar Civis

i installed Rome Total War,then i installed lotr-tw,and i though : mmm,let me play pellenor fields at the highest settings..the game loaded,and tandam..it is laggy like in "old good times" ,on a powerfull computer this old game is laggy x(,then i changed the unit scale to normal,again..it is laggy . WHAT THE F0CK?! It is becouse it only supports one core?

Respect mai autoritai!..

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana View Post
    I actually enjoyed vanilla RTW as is. The mods just add more life to an already enjoyable game. I actually spend more time modding it than playing though.
    That is pretty much the standard.

i installed Rome Total War,then i installed lotr-tw,and i though : mmm,let me play pellenor fields at the highest settings..the game loaded,and tandam..it is laggy like in "old good times" ,on a powerfull computer this old game is laggy x(,then i changed the unit scale to normal,again..it is laggy . WHAT THE F0CK?! It is becouse it only supports one core?
    Pretty much..

I'm almost sure Bardo had found some kind of addon for the RTW engine to use more RAM (x64 OS). But I'm not sure.
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Instead of changing unit scale, why not turn down some graphic options like grass, trees and buildings?

DiZaster's Avatar Civis

ok,on what settings do you play pellenor without lag,and what computer do you have?

Respect mai autoritai!..