Thread: [HOI3] Modifying the 'Germany Surrenders' event

Default [HOI3] Modifying the 'Germany Surrenders' event

I'm playing a game as the Soviet Union where my goal is essentially to wage war on everyone and make the world communist. So far the game has been everything but historical, with Germany failing to breach the allied defenses and getting into a WW1-style trench warfare with France, Belgium and the Netherlands. Because of this, it could never gather the strength and momentum to launch Barbarossa and so I ended up declaring war on Germany myself, quickly annihilating their armies and pushing into Berlin.

Now, my problem is that the surrender event creates useless puppets and strips me of the territory from which I was planning to attack the Allies. And Poland suddenly becomes an allied enclave in the middle of soviet territory... How do I prevent it? The easiest way I think would be to have Germany choose to ''continue the fight'', but I do not know how I would achieve this? Perhaps making Japan the leader of the Axis? Which file do I need to edit? If that's not possible, I at least want to get rid of my DDR puppet and annex it instead.

Default Re: [HOI3] Modifying the 'Germany Surrenders' event

Nevermind, I found a way to do it. I saved a game at 23:00 on the day the German surrender progress reached 100%, loaded it as Germany, chose 'fight to the end', saved and reloaded as the SU and voilą.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Glorious.

This game is actually turning out as an interesting alt-history scenario.

I delayed attacking the allies to build up my navy and air force while prosecuting a land war against Nationalist China, which was with the axis and was never attacked by Japan. Meanwhile, France conquered and annexed all of Spain and Portugal and is now posturing as the main threat to Soviet continental supremacy. The Axis is essentially defeated except for Japan, which annihilated my first production run of cruisers and has too many interceptors for me to bomb it from Korea. The war against the Allies in Europre will be too easy if I attack now, so I'm giving them some time to build up and consolidate their armies.

European Theatre. I have five armies and a reserve force deployed here.

Far Eastern Theatre. Note that Siankiang, Xibei San Ma, Shanxi, and Manchuko are SU puppets, and that Commie China is under occupation. Three armies are currently assigned to theatre.

Middle East Theatre. Persia joined the Axis and was promptly subdued by the UK as I did not have forces in the area at the time. There are two armies garrisoning the border.

Diplomatic Overview. Notice that the Allies and the Comintern are tied for victory points.

Now that I got the ball rolling for the Soviets, this could be an interesting challenge to play as one of the Allies... Including a saved game (semper fi, patch 2.03) for anyone who wants to give it a go.
    Last edited by devilbean; January 11, 2011 at 03:09 PM.