Thread: Roman-Norwegian peasants

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Default Roman-Norwegian peasants

As anyone who have played as Norway probably know, there is a lot of Roman peasants available to recruit. I tormented myself through one game by simply not recruiting any of these.
    However, I decided to try and fix this myself. I figured out the problem when trying to open the unit and unit info tga files. They could not be opened by neither Gimp nor Irfanview, because they had a letter which made them unrecognizable. Like the í in Víkingar and the ú in Húskarlar. I changed the names of the files to normal i and u and I could suddenly view them.

I thought this could be fixed so I tested it by replacing all Víkingar with Vikingar in export_descr_unit, export_descr_buildings, battle_models and export_unit. Now the unit card and unit info picture shows but it says "unlocalized placement text" instead of the unit name, which I had in my previous game noticed when recruiting crusader units with the same name error. What did I miss?

EDIT: All I did wrong was removing the caps from Vikingar when using the replace function. This works.
    Last edited by King Yngvar; January 10, 2011 at 02:40 PM.
    It's redundant to write your username at the end of your post,
    if I wanted to see your name I'd look to the left of my screen.