Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qin total war (proposal)

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Icon3 Qin total war (proposal)

Qin shi huang di in my point of view was a kind of alexander or caesar of china a conqueror who unified his own country and made great things like the wall, the terracota army and his own tomb. so why not make a mod about it. so this is my idea. a campaign focusing on the rise of qin and the conquest of the neighbor states.

the campaign map: something very small could be the size of a prologue.(without the wall)

the units : i'm thinking in this ones if the owner give permission. and i found another chinese models around to help

so i really would like this project to go on i'm really inspired. if someone can help and became interested. just post. in my point of view it will be a small campaign or a prologue. with new units,portraits and campaign map, and maybe a new city roster. the units and portraits and other textures i can handle myself but i'm needing a mapper and someone who understand of scripting and of install.

factions :

Qin
    Zhao
    Yan
    Qi
    Chu
    Wei
    Han
    Steppe tribes (maybe Xiongnu or Xi Xia)
    Tropical tribes (Viet)
    Taiwanese Aborigins

Cīmon people let's bring the terracota boys back to live back to fight again.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; January 01, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Default Re: Qin total war (proposal)

U may want to consider checking out the Three Kingdoms mod and Zhanguo Total War. They're not in the hosted mods section anymore so u might have to google.

yes i became interested in building models and unit rosters i saw in them. if everything goes on i will try to add them. but first i must confirmate that this project will have a future.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    and you naturally assume hes asian and knows chinese now do you

what i need is a map and a way to activate the mod. i have plans if possible to add RS2 environments and better water and three kingdoms portraits and chinese city roster if possible. the units i can take care by miself but i really need a team so i'm recruiting everyone who's interested.

i suggest let this be the map..

yes very good. i was thinking in small map for this mod became more easy. but indeed i have very interest in the south and north china and in islands such taiwan and hainan. to add diferent peoples to chalenge for example the north inhabitted by steppe horsemen tribes, the south inhabitted by tropical tribes and the islands by primitive tribes.

and let there be 13 factions depicted in the above map..

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusAntonius View Post
    the campaign map: something very small could be the sise of a prologue.(without the wall)
    SISE????

Nice idea for a mod....good luck...
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

i'm in for this mod

@Markus Antonius : do the creators of Chinese invasion mod allready gave you permission to put their units? And do you know, to make a mod, you at least need some guys who knows about modelling, skinning, mapping, coding, and can do historical researches?

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

If the mod is gonna extend into the 1st century AD, then id be happy to help you with info on the Trung Sister rebellion in Vietnam....otherwise im afraid my info on the Viet tribes before this is very, very limited

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

I could help to do modelling/skinning as I am currently working on Narnia Total War and will do the skins for a minecraft mod.

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

How is it going?
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

is there any progress?

i affraid what did i point out via pm to bsa is right, the question of *no one of the team can do anything, even the historical basis* is true... (no modeller, no mapper, no coder, and no one is Chinese or understood Chinese properly)

even didnt know from where to start eh? Lets see about the faction culture division first.

The Zhou dynasty is still de jure mandate of heaven, but only the royal clans are directly tied. And they are did weaker than most, the rest is regional warlords and nomadic barbarians.

So? The culture can be done like this:
    Royal clans *roman*
    western warlords *greek*
    eastern warlords *eastern*
    southren warlords *egyptian*
    northern warlords *carthaginian*

and you dont even need to make the barbarians having large and huge cities, just make them nomadic barbarians.

hum. i didn't knew the existence of a Chinese invasion mod i found this models in a EB mod long time ago but if they exist i will for sure ask they permission. the progress is. for now i have models and a way to add the RS2 environments and i'm starting to work in some chinese portraits (I'm not lazy. but I can not do it alone. to start this mod i need a team i need to have sure this will go one). and as i said i need everyone who can help. mappers,historians,scripters and of course modders. so if you want and know how to help consider yourself recruited. for now i need a campaign map of china. and a way to activate the mod. first century BC is no problem for me i it will go as late as it can. maybe even further the fall of Qin and the Rise of Han. Viet rebellion is a very good idea
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; January 22, 2012 at 08:09 AM.

the only problem now. is what to do without megaupload.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; January 22, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

i know you arent lazy, but it was simply not doable for you.

you definitely need modeller - coder - mapper - and historian who know Chinese

actually I hit that 3 out of 4 (modeller, can do coding, and I am Chinese descent), but right now my lil claw is very busy with other mods *on my sigs* you need to go found someone else.
    Last edited by Spike; January 22, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast