Thread: Are these submods compatible with TROM2

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Default Are these submods compatible with TROM2

Are these submods compatible with TROM2? If these are easy to answer. If the TROM2 team doesn't know off hand because they are not familiar with these mods I will do my research I figure. Just thought I ask in case you all have come across these mods before. They seem to work for me installed; but then again I don't know if I know the intricacies of the TROM2 enough to feel or see a difference if they change some vital stat that would make it incompatible.

Tiyafeh's Animation Mod...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=364789

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Better Renders Mod with Muzzle Flashes

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347970

If anybody already knows the answer please help me.

Thanks all!

Default Re: Are these submods compatible with TROM2

Quote Originally Posted by WarnerVH View Post
    Are these submods compatible with TROM2? If these are easy to answer. If the TROM2 team doesn't know off hand because they are not familiar with these mods I will do my research I figure. Just thought I ask in case you all have come across these mods before. They seem to work for me installed; but then again I don't know if I know the intricacies of the TROM2 enough to feel or see a difference if they change some vital stat that would make it incompatible.

Tiyafeh's Animation Mod...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=364789

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Better Renders Mod with Muzzle Flashes

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347970

If anybody already knows the answer please help me.

Thanks all!
    Tiyafeh's Animation Mod is partly integrated in TROM2. As long as his changes to muskets don't affect skirmishers kneeling by default and light infantry kneeling and standing up to shoot, there should be no conflict.

The Better Renders Mod with Muzzle Flashes has many changes in it, but from a glance at the files TROM2 gameplay should not be affected.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Thanks!

I thought over the past few updates that his mod was in there to a degree.

I tried the Renders Mod and really didn't see any noticeable difference in performance.

If I may one more question. I have heard that muzzle flashes has a bug in vanilla that causing the flashes from the muzzle of cannons and guns not to discharge properly or even at all. I've always played with TROM2 or some other mod from the beginning so I don't know if TROM2 has "fixed" this or not. I do see muzzle flashes and other animations with the muskets and muzzles in TROM2. Have the TROM team already addressed this? In truth that was the only reason I put the Render mod in. I wanted to see what this fuss about muzzle flash effects were.

Any account, thanks for the prompt reply. Once again, awesome mod.

Cheers!

Speaking about submods, I don't know if I made the right decision posting this here but what the hell! I would like to play with the TROM 2.1 XL Larger unit sizes submod. The thing is I don't want to download the whole 2.1 version of TROM II (one reason is that I'm in the middle of a great campaign , thanks to you ). So if someone could be so kind to make a separate download file of this larger units submod, that would be great!

P.S. There will be no save game compatibility issues if I install JUST THE SUBMOD on top of the TROM II (v2.0), right? And the AI lines won't overlap etc. etc.? And can I change the unit multiplier to more than 1.25 or 1.5? For example, set it to 2?

I don't think the xl submods work very well with a savegame. If the 2.1 version works at all with 2.0, only new units will get bigger sizes. The submods are tailored toward a specific multiplier, which means the artillery units get the correct amount of cannons. Of course you can use whatever multiplier you want.

I am not shure, how much the BAI will be affected by larger unit sizes. However, the bigger the unit, the more space it needs on the battlefield, which can lead to pathfinding problems. Also, big units don't fit in buildings anymore. Personally I only play with the 1.25 multiplier, but I am interested in experiences with bigger unit sizes compared to the standard ones.