Land Bridges: Yes
    Minimal Borders: Yes
    No Red Line: No
    Prometheus Cities: Yes
    Reduce AI Bonuses: No
    One Hitpoint System: Yes
    Enable Loyalty: Yes

Now I will be updating this weekly, and whenever else I have the time
    Last edited by Tim Minchin fan; January 09, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds" Robert J. Oppenheimer on the atomic bomb's discovery

Default Re: We are Diadochi, a Greek AAR

I am Acrotartus, a son of Sparta. I grew up in a Greece dominated by Macedon. But those times are long gone. For years now, I have campaigned with my father, Areus. At the beginning it was an uphill struggle, but greek courage subdued Macedonian numbers. We took Corinth, then defeated the best of Macedonian troops under Gyras, their leader's son and Heir and in the process killed him.

We broke their siege at Athens, counterattacked and Thebes was ours. Now we march on Larissa. But they are not our only foes. My father decided that all those who lay false claim to the empire of Alexander must fall, so we now wage war on the descendants of Seleucus, the owners of the largest piece of Alexander's former empire. And so my story begins.

Last edited by Tim Minchin fan; January 09, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds" Robert J. Oppenheimer on the atomic bomb's discovery

You are playing with Greeks o Carthage?

Quote Originally Posted by DragMaster View Post
    You are playing with Greeks o Carthage?
    oops, wrong Image

Battle Report: Summer campaign, 275BC
    My father ordered that the army march around the mountains to the north of Larissa to see if the Macedonians would attack us, as we marched close to Pella, their capital. It worked.
    A small force under Abreas Philopator and a much larger one under Ikaros of Amphipolis attacked, their combined strength matching ours, but as we had proven time and time again numbers aren't everything.

My father's plan now unveiled it's cleverest part. The battle area was at the foot of a mountain, and we were able to take the high ground. From this point, the enemy forces were mere specks of black on the green countryside.

The smaller force under Abreas Philopator was the first to arrive (or should that be annihilated?) they were tired as they came to us after walking, running and charging up the mountain whilst under a barrage of arrows from our Elite Cretan archers. After finally reaching our positions, their idiotic general ordered his troops to charge - straight into our phalanx. they quickly routed after heavy casualties.

This quick victory for virtually no losses meant that we were able to reposition to better deal with the second army which was now approaching.

The second enemy army repeated the mistakes of the first and charged it's militia Phalangites and Greek Hoplites straight into our phalanxes, however, they also had skirmishers which were ordered to attack our flank, resulting in my first taste of combat in this battle.

The Macedonian scum's general charged out to the flank as well, but his severely depleted bodyguard (the Cretan archers had been picking them off volley by volley) was met by myself and my loyal band off veteran bodyguards. needless to say, they were slaughtered and the idiot was slain.

This was the final blow. The remaining enemies routed upon their general's death and were cut down by our troops as they tried to escape, completing a glorious victory!

Battle Report: Winter Campaign 275BC
    After our excellent victory against the Macedonians at the end of the summer, we rested and waited until winter for our next move. The enemy faction heir, Anakreon, was marching through the plains with only his bodyguards, an opportunity that could not be missed, so naturally we attacked.

The enemy general deployed on the slope of a hill, forcing us to march across the slope to engage. Much of the army was left to simply watch the fighting. The Cretan archers and recently recruited thracian mercenaries were ordered to attack, whilst our three generals were ordered to surround the enemy. My father with his 47 strong body guard attacked from the fron whilst I and my atrasian brother attacked from the side.

His death was quick, ending the battle and the life of yet another Antigonid descendant.

Getting very busy with work, so will have difficulty updating this