Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stupid (supertexture tool)

Default progress kinda :: S

So using the outdated version of stupid I can extract "large" chunks of the map, the only issue is I can extract the whole things using 0 0 32 32 for example. It hits some error and crashes
    So here is a massive chunk extracted, I hit random ones that it will and others it wont, but this is the data I need out of the things. thanks again for your time.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Stupid (supertexture tool)

The file can be downloaded here: http://empiretotalwar.ucoz.ru/_ld/0/10_stupid.exe

Make sure to click the left button to download.
    Last edited by Midnight-Blue766; June 06, 2015 at 02:29 AM.

Sorry for the massive necro. But I'v been interested in making all the continents visible in Empire. I have a good idea what I need to do. But I can't edit bitmap files larger than 6 gigabytes.

I'm wondering what exactly I need to do here, I have to assemble the entire map a few chunks at a time, right? How exactly do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinRommy View Post
    Hey I am trying to extract the colour bitmap from the FOTS supertexture. The only issue I am having is the colour bmp file keeps coming out staight black. They hide the cloth map (its what I am after) on the green channel.
    I can use an outdated version of stupid to extract a preview:

but if throws and error, when I try and extract the full thing using the old version of stupid (not really that surprising)

The updated version of stupid though generates the following two images.

these are the preview versions but the full ones are the same just bigger. The problem is there is no cloth map hiding in any of the channels :: P. Especially the first since its nothing but black. XD
    Any ideas?
    thanks for your time.
    Same problem here. I have an indexed (black) color map. Only the normal map gets extracted good. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Same problem here. I have an indexed (black) color map. Only the normal map gets extracted good. Any ideas?
    Same issue/error
    ^^bump

Also: downloaded this guys file
    http://empiretotalwar.ucoz.ru/_ld/0/10_stupid.exe

and around 40% i get the error:
    ZLib length check differs from expected value. Expected 628, got 304588877:exiting
    Last edited by Havie; August 17, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Here's what I wrote in my notes for Shogun 2.

Code:
    Open command window

Extract

stupid.exe extract "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\data.pack\campaign_maps\sho_japan\display\supertexture\supertexture" shogun2_supertexture 0 0 64 32 

Convert (change name of new pack file)

stupid.exe pack "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\data.pack\campaign_maps\sho_japan\display\supertexture\supertexture" shogun2_supertexture ming_supertexture.pack/supertexture 0 0
    I hope this helps.

Also I attached stupid to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by uanime5; August 18, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Here's what I wrote in my notes for Shogun 2.

Code:
    Open command window

Extract

stupid.exe extract "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\data.pack\campaign_maps\sho_japan\display\supertexture\supertexture" shogun2_supertexture 0 0 64 32 

Convert (change name of new pack file)

stupid.exe pack "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\data.pack\campaign_maps\sho_japan\display\supertexture\supertexture" shogun2_supertexture ming_supertexture.pack/supertexture 0 0
    I hope this helps.

Also I attached stupid to this post.
    yeah this helps, and to anyone else who may come across this issue, you might not be able to open these extracted files in Photoshop,
    U must use Infranviewer to open and save as a different file type first.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

So I'm not sure if I will get much of a response on here any more but I need some help:

How do you use STUPID? Sounds like a mad question but I have read the intro to this thread and I just don't understand what I am meant to do with it to be able to get at the supertexture files.

I know, I know - this is probably a very stupid question

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234