Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The PvP Server Thread - Organization

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default The PvP Server Thread - Organization

Hello!

As you all are probably well aware, the TWC Minecraft community has now split up on two different servers, the first being the Build Server (run by Guy With No Imagination, I believe) and the second being the PvP Server (run by Stuntdawg). The former is our old, well-remembered map, while the latter is an entirely new map, for which this thread is dedicated.

Below, I have provided a list with the amendments of the rules suggested by Musthavename. I think that these should be our provisional rules until we can start proper polls (once the server is up and running, and players have actually managed to get somewhere):

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename
    - All PvP specific rules carry over unchanged.
    - Griefing rules remain in place for the moment.
    - Everyone on the server is PvP enabled.
    - A safe zone is designated to be an area around the spawn point. All PvP is barred in this area. The area for which PvP is barred will be marked out via different blocks or a fence, to save confusion over just when people can resume their fighting. You are not permitted to use ranged weapons to attack those outside the safe zone while inside the safe zone. No other building is to be permitted inside the safe zone, and it is requested that any Kingdoms buildings are to be constructed outside a reasonable distance from the safe-zone (i.e. rendering distance). Roads and tunnels are permitted to be constructed immediatly outside the safe zone.
    - Counties changed. The system now operates on a basis of a Home County that can be "sacked and looted" but never changes control. Any territory a Kingdom sets up outside their Home County can be occupied in times of war. The changing of hands of these counties can be agreed in any peace-deal. If a county is handed over in a peace deal, it becomes property of the other Kingdom, who are free to do what they like with their conquest. Until such a handover is agreed, the County remains property of the former Kingdom and is subject to griefing rules.
    - Teleporting is permitted to other members of your own Kingdom unless either person in question is involved in any form of PvP. Teleporting to members outside your Kingdom must be asked for in advance and cannot be conducted under war conditions in accordance with the inherited rules on PvP Teleporting.
    While the rules are being carried over, a few measurements are needed before we can use the new server to its full potential, all of which require organisation and some proper thought:

- the spawn point area has to be properly defined as a no-PvP zone.
    - the spawn point area has to be marked out with some form of construction, be it a lighthouse, a castle or a very high tower
    - it might lie within the interest of the server to have some space cleared around the spawn area for community projects, such as (suggested in the PvP Server Kingdoms thread), but not limited to, a fortress, or even a trade node when the economics start going
    - a cartograph is needed for all of the above, so that we know the surroundings of the spawn area and can, from that point, start establishing counties (in a new, fresh way that we couldn't do before)
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntdawg5
    There are several things I need help with before we start going crazy on this new map.

First off, I need some help with the Kits/Groups. I don't really understand them. Here's a guide if anyone wants to take a stab at putting together a group or kit that will allow for /tp, /ban, /kick, /warp, and no spawning. I am having trouble understanding it. http://wiki.hey0.net/index.php/Flatfile_Configuration

Next, I need to know if we want any plug ins? If we do, please post them on this forum so we can take them into consideration.
    If you have any more ideas on things that need settling, please provide a comment below.
    Last edited by Aanker; January 08, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Stuntdawg5's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The PvP Server Thread - Organization

There are several things I need help with before we start going crazy on this new map.

First off, I need some help with the Kits/Groups. I don't really understand them. Here's a guide if anyone wants to take a stab at putting together a group or kit that will allow for /tp, /ban, /kick, /warp, and no spawning. I am having trouble understanding it. http://wiki.hey0.net/index.php/Flatfile_Configuration

Next, I need to know if we want any plug ins? If we do, please post them on this forum so we can take them into consideration.

Edit Also, can we put up a worldwide 2 or 3 day truce? I think allowing everyone a chance to get in the server and join into a kingdom or form their kingdom should be given
    Last edited by Stuntdawg5; January 08, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

What is the plan monster wise? Will we enable them? Some resources will be incredibly hard to come by (string, gunpowder), otherwise.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

This plugin is great: http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=1295

and iconomy seems fun too.
    Mostly for selling stuff in an auction.

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I'll download it and see if I can do the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    What is the plan monster wise? Will we enable them? Some resources will be incredibly hard to come by (string, gunpowder), otherwise.
    Far too much lag imo. Last time we tried it, it didn't work out. I still think we shouldn't allow for those two to be spawned (They can be obtained through dungeons). By not allowing them to be spawned bows and TNT would be rare. TNT would only be able to be used for traps and bows would have to be protected.

New Cartograph:
    Last edited by Stuntdawg5; January 08, 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

What would you guys think about different coloured names depending on what Kingdom people are in ?

I.e..
    Red - Dwarves
    Blue - Ishk
    etc. ?

Sounds great, Mitch!

It would definitely make PvP easier.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Sounds great, Mitch!

It would definitely make PvP easier.
    I have found an easier way than bothering with the whole group idea. We'll give everyone op access (They can do all the commands in Minecraft), but there is a disallow list for items. I'll just have to spend some time typing out each number that is an item . Someone wanna try to handle the human made items in this list:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Bl...nd_data_values

I'll get the first 97. If someone can get the other one then post it on here, it'd help me a lot. That'll be a quick fix until we get the groups up. Then everyone can start playing almost immediately. Separate each number by a comma

Btw, Eol, that plug in is super complicated to install. It isn't a normal install.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I just did the groups... dam you to hell Stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    I just did the groups... dam you to hell Stunt.
    Did you get them set up to allow the commands but no spawning? If you did post it. I haven't gotten through all the numbers yet.

I'd suggest, for the colours, to use the ones provided in the Kingdoms thread. That is, dwarves should have dark red name tags, former Gondorians should have bright, light-blue ones, etc.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Stunt, can you provide me with the list of players, from the old server please.

I'll create all the files then.

Neutral/unaligned players can remain white then I guess.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Stunt, I thought we were operating strictly no spawning? Or are you just making everyone OPs but you have to stop the spawning of every single block?
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Stunt, I thought we were operating strictly no spawning? Or are you just making everyone OPs but you have to stop the spawning of every single block?
    yep, to allow /list and /tp

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Stunt, can you provide me with the list of players, from the old server please.

I'll create all the files then.
    I no longer have that list. It got erased. Um..We can cover most of them easily.

Stuntdawg5
    Mitch
    Eol_Nauglamir
    ElemethSigma
    Aanker
    Poach
    Mangerman
    Musthavename
    Ashbrewster
    Makrell92
    Doyle141
    Argork
    pvtgunny

Just run through all those guys (They are the ones who have been on the server so far as well. And send me the format, and I'll just paste in the name everytime someone new joins. Not much else we can do.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Thanks.

Btw, I got it working on my own server, so hopefuly if I just give you the files, it should work.

Thanks.

Btw, I got it working on my own server, so hopefuly if I just give you the files, it should work.
    Okay, what I'm planning is to implement my idea until we get every single person's name in the group. Then (probably by tomorrow) we can get rid of my idea and let groups take over. For now we'll just test it with a few of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntdawg5 View Post
    I no longer have that list. It got erased. Um..We can cover most of them easily.

Stuntdawg5
    Mitch
    Eol_Nauglamir
    ElemethSigma
    Aanker
    Poach
    Mangerman
    Musthavename
    Ashbrewster
    Makrell92
    Doyle141
    Argork
    pvtgunny

Just run through all those guys (They are the ones who have been on the server so far as well. And send me the format, and I'll just paste in the name everytime someone new joins. Not much else we can do.

Akar was on as well earlier.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast