Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New one turn campaign-with Achaean League--Version2.1--Event movies-Part1&2

hello to you...something went wrong...

Last edited by leoni; August 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM.

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New one turn campaign-with Achaean League--Version2.1--Event movies-Part1&2

Thanx for insight. I hope that resolves the problem.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    leoni

"my_campaign" ordner in "../data/world/maps/campaign" einfügen
    my_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt in "../data/text/" einfügen
    dann rome starten und provinzkampagne auswählen
    Last edited by Knouphis; February 25, 2012 at 06:32 AM.

Last edited by Knouphis; August 21, 2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Test BB Codes for improving posts

Icon4 Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New one turn campaign-with Achaean League--Version2.1--Event movies-Part1&2

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knouphis; August 21, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New one turn campaign-with Achaean League--Version-2.2--Event movies-Part1&2

I m proud to release another piece of work. I tried to gave the babarians more depth to their trait-anc.system, also for the seleucids. Main work layed on rebalancing--garrison script. Report any bugs or comment to help for future development, and just have fun to play.

Changes for Version.2.2
    -bug fixes
    -complete rework for the portrait pic, especially carthage
    -advanced supply system for all factions
    -advanced civil traits for seleucid
    -new traits-ancillaries for babarians, charon for hellenes
    -rework for garrison script, building stats, rebalancing

When Worlds Collide---right in your heart, for sure.

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New one turn campaign-with Achaean League--Version-2.2--Event movies-Part1&2

It's very interesting but I can recruit in my capital only light types of soldiers llike archers, levy pikemen. But in city garrison are ahaion hoplites and other normal soldiers and where and how can I recruit them? And what about cavalry?

Hello and thank you for ya feedback.

To gain elite units for the acheaens, you will need two types of buildings. Firtst one is the greek barrack system you share with pergamon, starting with Acheaen Polis up to Achaean Poleis Elite Army.
    But this is just the foundation for your koinon. Here you only able to recruit slingers, skirmishers,
    agents and a basic hoplite type. For your elite troops, you need to build another tree too.

First step, build a colonia-requires no other building.

Second step, decide your way between the Sympoliteia tòn Achaion--tougher core units avaible, negativ
    bonus to happiness, positiv bonus to law and taxes.
    Or build the Isopoliteia tòn Achaion, more regional units, positiv bonus to happiness, negativ on taxes and law.
    Remember for these two kinds of buildings you will need to build the Achaean Poleis Training.

For the last step, with all kinds of elite, regional units, you must have build the Achaean Poleis Army and the Agora.

Hope i could clear something, and enjoy.

I'm playing Armenia campaign and after selucid army attack me, in their turn, in loading screen I get tihs error: failed to find texture data/RTR/models_unit/textures/selucid/thorakitai_selucid.tga

I'm using ver. 2.2

Any advices?

EDIT:

Thanks for quick reply leoni
    Last edited by Demon Soul; August 21, 2011 at 02:29 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Hello brother---a stupid error, done by myself hastyness.
    Please go into your one turn folder and open the descr_model_battle txt.

Go to line 3246 where you find this entry data/RTR/models_unit/textures/seleucid/thorakitai_seleucid.tga.

Delete the marked to look like this data/RTR/models_unit/textures/thorakitai_seleucid.tga

And everything will be fine. Thanks for your bug report.

Preview for the next update---i implemented four goverment types, which will listed like religions in BI and causes unrest.

Also new buildings, traits for these different goverment types, like monarchy, tyrannis, democracy, will be included.

Also 4 turns per year is added, with summer, autum, winter restrictions. Panhellenic games now only set to the correct season.

So you have to plan your actions and set your gov. careful, cause without your gover. it will cause unrest. More to come soon....
    Last edited by leoni; August 20, 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Some Progress on Unit Card Rendering
    Koinon tòn Achaion

Seleucid
    Pergamon
    Basileia tòn Ptolemaioi
    Mercenary/Eleutheroi

Last edited by Knouphis; August 24, 2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Updates

Umm, I don't know why but most of my family members (except one or maybe two) have same negatie traits like: disloyal, dishonest plus some of them are hated by people. Other think, that my king once where loved by his troops (or something like that) and after several rounds I looked into his traits and he was hated by his troops. Is this some bug or I'm doing somethig wrong?

I'm playing Armenia campaign.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

I'm missing a CB_siege_icon.tga in my models_strat/residences/textures folder...

/edit solved by renaming the siege_icon.tga.dds
    Last edited by DeWitt8; August 23, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

For DeWitt, which version you got 2.1 or 2.2??? Please let me know.

At kirinji with the origin faction leader traits i changed nothin, these depend on your charac other traits, if

he is a good general, farmer or builder, also you have to build aducation and dont just sit to much around.

I played with armenia some test campaigns for the new traits, and got no problems.

But could you tell me on which difficulty you play your campaign, how does the ai is spreading around,

make the traits, ancillarys sense to you, or you noticed somethin strange, so please let me know.

Because, there is always something to do.

For the coming update i promise it will be challanging one, many dicessions must be planed carefully,

season, and increased movement points, goverment system, generals loyality--maybe he dont go conform with the official goverment, and more.

Last edited by leoni; August 23, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks for quick reply and for throwing some light on this case...It seems I'll have to take more care about "my family". I'm playing h/h ALX.exe campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post

how does the ai is spreading around,

or you noticed somethin strange,

I took screen of my map.

About upcoming update- will it be save compatible?
    Thanks in advance

Version 2.2, RS II 2.1a

Big thanks for this information DeWitt, hopefully this is your only bug??

kirinji---it could not be compatible, by the bundle of core changes, sorry. But i hope it will be worth it, for

you too.

So brothers, let me ask you, what was your longest campaign you had played so far, how stable was it??

I played my longest test campaign until 632 with the acheaens, got one ctd---reloaded and everything

was working fine for me.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Could you make a 0-turn version of this mod? With the traits, interface, portraits, etc?

Rendering mounted units is a pain in the ass. You need to import each the model for the horse and the rider. Then import an animation each. Then export that model in the new position for each separately. Then you have to import both new rider and horse model into the unit scene. Then mess around a lot with the different items and position them all correctly as the export/import filter doesnt work 100% correct. When exporting it messes up the position of the body and skeleton and different items. I hope i can find a way to solve those issues. But the rendered rider looks fairly nice i believe.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post10150598
    Last edited by Knouphis; August 24, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Hello Grouchio. Sorry, but i wont do that-got no idea how to balance, never played it.

The only thing i could make is to change the unit txt for all to zero recruitment, but thats all.

Sorry, but got a lot other stuff to do, other prioritys. Maybe you could make this add-on, dont know if

other people are also interested, otherwise once again, just try the challange of a one turn campaign.

At Knouphis---you are my hero--thats really looking good. Just keep it rollin, my friend.

plus rep to you

A general question:

When doing RP with my family members, which your mod strongly supports, it's always important for me to keep some control over what's happening.

It would be very kind of you to explain:

1. Which factions got seperate military/civil career trees.
    2. How they work. If I have to leave my family members in certain cities to evolve them up to a good governor/general. (A little bit like the LPG submod by Boustrophedon maybe, it's explained very detailed there)