Page 34 of 92 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243445984 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight WIP

you can bet, i will do my best, cause this is my most beloved scenario...

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Leoni your art hits the roof!!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent updates leoni

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New Map in work...

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    i think i have to rework the first page...the old stuff seems not to be playable with the current version 2.5...by the way thank you, good to see someone new around here....hope you will stay with me, until the next release...i hope for the summer, to play on my beloved map...

so what do you think about the factions list, should i switch off sarmatia....which faction do you miss..

1.Rome
    2.Carthage
    3.Indp.Greeks-Massalia-Syracuse-Italy-Islands-Ionia-Bosporan
    4.Macedonia
    5.Aetolian l.
    6.Acheaen l.
    7.Getai
    8.Pergamon
    9.Bithynia
    10.Pontus
    11.Ptolemaioi
    12.Seleukids
    13.Parthia
    14.Bactria
    15.Mauryan
    17.Armenia
    18.Indep.Celts
    19.Indep.Nomads-for Desert Tribes-Germanic Migration-Berber Tribes North Africa Arabia-Nubia-Steppes as Saka
    20.Slaves
    16.Sarmatia

Honestly, I wouldnt ever play the Mauryans but others might so you should prob keep them. However, Sarmatia to me is a big slot waster. The action is in the center of the map, Greece, the danube, Persia, etc. More factions there are always better. You could always make the northern parts of the map unconquerable. Something I would do.

Slaves is a weird name. I know its vanilla but you should change it to something else. Minor states or something.

So many faction possibilities. The Illyrians, a Thracian tribe, a Pannonian or Noricum tribe. Antropatene, Palmyra, and Nabatae.

I think instead of the independent nomad faction you could add in Palmyra or Nabatae.

But you would also need some sort of indepedent minor faction that represents barbarians in Central Asia that can rampage through the Seleucid and Baktrian Empires.

Tough decision.

Oh and what is the current version. The 2.4 version on the front page is on filefront and I cant download from there since I live in Sweden. Can you upload somewhere else?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New Map in work...

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    20.Slaves
    16.Sarmatia

Honestly, I wouldnt ever play the Mauryans but others might so you should prob keep them. However, Sarmatia to me is a big slot waster. The action is in the center of the map, Greece, the danube, Persia, etc. More factions there are always better. You could always make the northern parts of the map unconquerable. Something I would do.

Slaves is a weird name. I know its vanilla but you should change it to something else. Minor states or something.

So many faction possibilities. The Illyrians, a Thracian tribe, a Pannonian or Noricum tribe. Antropatene, Palmyra, and Nabatae.

I think instead of the independent nomad faction you could add in Palmyra or Nabatae.

But you would also need some sort of indepedent minor faction that represents barbarians in Central Asia that can rampage through the Seleucid and Baktrian Empires.

Tough decision.

Oh and what is the current version. The 2.4 version on the front page is on filefront and I cant download from there since I live in Sweden. Can you upload somewhere else?
    Some good ideas...unconquerable steppe, no Sarmations = Sparta or Illyrians

What about a new download source for the latest version?

the last wwc version is no longer avaible...supported...since i sorted stuff on my new pc....now i working out the starting positions on the new map, push forward the reworked building tree...have to keep on eye for pathfinding on the map, switch around some things and will post screens, when the time is come...
    here the final factions list, hard decision, a maybe-hopefully future version on mtw2 will see all factions, we deserve playable, but so long...

1.Ashkanian-Parthian Empire
    İmparatoriya-Ashkâniân
    2.Senātus Populusque Rōmānus
    3.Samnite league
    Ἀρχή Σελεύκεια
    4.Arche Seleύkeia
    Antigonid dynasty
    5.Dunasteia ton Antigonidon
    Δυναστεία των Αντιγονιδών
    6.Aeacid dynasty of Epeiros
    Δυναστεία των Αιακιδών
    Ptolemaic Kingdom
    Πτολεμαϊκὴ βασιλεία
    7.Ptolemaïkè Basileía
    8.Celtic Tribes
    9.Dardanoi Kingdom
    βασιλεία Δαρδανική
    10.Qart-ḥadašt
    Καρχηδών
    Karkhēdōn
    11.Attaliden dynasty
    Δυναστεία των Ατταλιδών
    12.Kingdom of Bithynia
    βασιλεία Βιθυνία
    13.Kingdom of Pontos
    βασιλεία Πόντος
    14.Orontid Dynasty of Armenia
    Yervanduni (Armenian: Երվանդունիներ, Persian: اروندی‎)
    15.Greco-Bactrian Kingdom
    Ελληνικό βασίλειο της Βακτριανής
    16.Aetolian League
    Αιτωλική Συμπολιτεία
    17.Achaean League
    κοινὸν τῶν Ἀχαιῶν
    Koinon ton Achaion
    18.Maurya Empire
    Αυτοκρατορία των Μαουρύα
    19.Autonomos Poleis
    20.Indep-nomad-tribes
    21.Freed Slaves

Excellent mate . But why not call slaves- Eleuthorio ? or something to indicate independent kingdoms...that cannot get a faction slot?

Eleuthorio is a better name. Naming a faction slaves is just so Vanilla Rome. Its wrong.

But nice faction list. Hopefully, in M2tw you can add more barbarians. But great start.

Lookiing forward to the screens and hoping you upload to some other source other than filefront so I can download.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great faction list, this sub-mod will be unique

Hopefully RSII 2.6 will be out in time to utilise loyalty in Arche Seleukia and what ever else they're cooking up. Also plenty of great ideas could be borrowed front RTR SII ...the scripted initial battles and short historical update. I also like the narration at start of Arestia mod. Just some thought

Just to mention that I like very much the current list and I agree with the usage of Eleutheroi (Ελεύθεροι) instead of Freed Slaves

Also: Autonomai Poleis (Αυτόνομαι Πόλεις), i think that's the correct one. But those are details, it's the spirit that counts and it clearly is in the right direction

The correct is Αυτόνομοι πόλεις, Autonomoi poleis. Sing. ο,η αυτόνομος, plur. οι,αι αυτόνομοι. Also:
    Ελεύθεροι/ Eleutheroi.
    Αρχή Σελευκεία, Arche Seleukeia.
    Attalidon.
    As for Freed Slaves, I would suggest Abasileutoi Barbaroi/ Αβασίλευτοι βάρβαροι (without king barbarians).
    I am not certain if all those names are the right ones for these ancient states, but the spelling above is.

ελεύθοριο is best idea, but what about autonomous kingdoms? what is the best Greek for autonomous kingdoms? Like Kappodokia, Atropane, the Illyrian's, Hasmonean's, Kommagne etc Aor units would make them seem unique and represent them as independent extra kingdoms
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; March 16, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

very good suggestions here, i can just say again, if i had the same possibilities as for mtw2 engine, factions as sarmatia, getai, massyli?, syracuse, rhodos, bosporan...etc..all would be in...

some corner dates for this work...

all things will be tested by playing with bi-exe...will use the horde feature....4tpy for sure....as for my last version, a historic timeline will be included...for scripts, i will do what i can do....loyality...like for the last version, will be in for every faction...i plan some nice thing with the buildings, but have to test it, before spreading words here...when all is done for coding-text stuff, i will select and reskin many units...i m just exited for myself, how this will end...hope some modellers will help me until the release...as rarity just started to notice my first request, for the samnites...

some update, i gave every faction a starting position, added beneventum for italy, one more poleis, as harbour for pergamon, and hieropolis between antiocheia and tarsos...also some symbol rework...text stuff...new rivers...checked the road pathfinding on the map, made fixes...

More goodies

The amount of the maginficence of your work is too amn high!!!! Sincere Congratulations

One man army!!!

(κλέος) Kleos and (κῦδος) kudos. What a masterpiece

Wow this looks awesome! Especially the extra greek cities, I love it. May I ask where would I be able to download this?