Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354555657585974 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight WIP

...good evening friends, i forgot to give credit, respect and a big thankx to the writers from School of Open Learning, University of Delhi, especially to Dr. Rajni Nanda and his work about THE MAURYAN DYNASTY: 324 – 185 B.C. These stuff was a great source for all aspects of life within the mauryan sphere.
    to grimbold, not sure what you mean, the portraits are from the eastern culture, maybe i will do some new, just for the mauryans....

Always perfect work...

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    to grimbold, not sure what you mean, the portraits are from the eastern culture, maybe i will do some new, just for the mauryans....
    Nah, i just mean that in some mods people use pictures of real people - or rather actors portraying certain characters - for the portraits. I always thought that it felt out of place.

A bunch of coins and (I think) sculptures are also used as character portraits.

A lot of units have the "rtw peasant" unitcard, is it just two unit types, or are those armies filled with different types of units?

Hi to all
    I come as team member of the H.E.L.P. project.
    We have create this project to help all the mods that want to finish they work. It has many members, if any one ho want to join just ask.
    I would add this fantastic mod from my own but, i dont have the data and most important i am not the leader.
    What do you think about it leoni?

Best regards
    morfeasnikos
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; October 08, 2014 at 04:50 AM.

after the phalanxes and skirmishers, we should look to the other half of the rooster on the example faction seleukeia....

basilikoi_peltastai

thorakitai_argyraspides

Thureophoroi_Thorakitai_Machairophoroi

effective medium phalanx, but cheaper, a bit less armour too
    Hemiothorax_Phalangitai

Last edited by leoni; August 30, 2015 at 03:23 AM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Mind blowing.....

Nice stuff. Will be interesting to see how all the various traits will be gained/lost.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Waw

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

so much to read

It intrigues me that some of these traits are very detailed, while what they do is only vaguely described as "has an effect on the acquisition of certain traits".

There must be something very secret behind it

thank you all for your kind response....its true, there is much to read, thats what i liked from eb...that historical detailed work...but as i said, its not only a eye candy, you really got to watch at your character traits, his mod, is he exhausted, confident to lead troops, his loyality...will he becoming a archelaos...to raise against your basileos, got your town a gymnasium to educate your character well, even ethnics with no direct effect, will have influences, like is he a synthropos...just one neoi or a disliked bastard...this will lead to other stuff too....so it will not be a mod to build some barracks, something for income and to go out to crush anything in just 50 turns...no sire
    and finally i hope to add some nice scripting features as well....

Do you have a really high settlement density in Greece etc and then lower elsewhere?

Is this mod still alive?

Since my own mod Rome Total History has a similar scope, I'd like to see if we might be able to exchange some stuff.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

The map really looks fantastic. How is it going in regards to other aspects, are you making progress overall?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

hello guys, got less time for modding and doing a long research in case for the spare sources for the nabateaens and carthage....but found some nice stuff for their traits, also the ptolemaioi are done, now i bring up the celts, than romans, dardanoi, armenians and i m done....at last i will implement the believe system, since just three believes really got a impact, we will basicly have followers of a tyrant-dictator-monarchy....oligarchy...council of nobles....and noble man who try to get to power, with the help of the lower class-populares...its a bit simplefying, i know...than i have to coordinate the units, costs, recruitment times etc....still found special places to add....and at last....script stuff....so still enough to do for a one man....

Sounds like you're making good progress!

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    so it will not be a mod to build some barracks, something for income and to go out to crush anything in just 50 turns...no sire
    Hmm, I see.

Challenge accepted.

Though really, in some cases, one neither builds a barracks (because you start with it), nor builds anything for income (because it comes with new settlements acquired). But you can get me on the 50turns thing, conquering 199 settlements takes too long due to walking here and there (though not in terms of say the RS2 victory conditions which don't require everything).

...just to say, you will not start with poor towns to develop from scratch, but remember this is a 8tpy mod, so building times are increased and you have to plan it well, also what barack type to build depends on the gov. buildings and other stuff, like is it a fortress, or a economic city too...and i will banish for the most regions, the merc pool, so you have to build a special barack in the later city dev....seen several lets play videos, where the players just collect every merc they can get and crush forward...my test exp so far shows, that you first have to care fore law, food, income and entertainment, before to start, to produce a well trained army, and a well educated govenor is ever needed....so towns without a character will cause you much pain

Oh this will be highly anticipated then, will need a catchy name for any story that comes from it.

Clash of Civilizations: When Worlds Collide

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing update! Sounds really great