Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1833

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight WIP

Well said leoni. I quietly followed this for some time. I understand what you are saying. For me it is hard to mod when you know you are basically working for nothing. Look at it in perspective, we are normal people who see modding as a hobby, we enjoy seeing the ancient world come to life with our ideas, and it makes us happy to play this game.
    But it's hard to motivate yourself to become dedicated to a hobby. Timelines should not be set, the pressure should not be on. Let the man work at his own pace, and if it takes 10 more years before he feels like it's complete, so be it! It is HIS mod, and he should do whatever he wants with it.
    A hobby is supposed to be something we enjoy doing at leisure, when all of our work in RL is completed and you have some hours to do what you want.

For me, I have not done much with RTR lately because I can't mod without feeling guilty! Knowing I have school work, work, younglife, and other responsibilities makes it hard to mod.

So in the end, everyone... Just enjoy the ride. Be glad he's sharing his work here, and most of all be patient

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Well said leoni. I quietly followed this for some time. I understand what you are saying. For me it is hard to mod when you know you are basically working for nothing. Look at it in perspective, we are normal people who see modding as a hobby, we enjoy seeing the ancient world come to life with our ideas, and it makes us happy to play this game.
    But it's hard to motivate yourself to become dedicated to a hobby. Timelines should not be set, the pressure should not be on. Let the man work at his own pace, and if it takes 10 more years before he feels like it's complete, so be it! It is HIS mod, and he should do whatever he wants with it.
    A hobby is supposed to be something we enjoy doing at leisure, when all of our work in RL is completed and you have some hours to do what you want.

For me, I have not done much with RTR lately because I can't mod without feeling guilty! Knowing I have school work, work, younglife, and other responsibilities makes it hard to mod.

So in the end, everyone... Just enjoy the ride. Be glad he's sharing his work here, and most of all be patient
    Right on man.

First priority when you are young should always be sex drugs and rock n' roll. When you have time to roll one up and play a little RTW that is just a plus in life.

I think the work being done here looks amazing. I recently came back to playing RS, after playing a lot of MTW mods and Empire and NTW. RS2.6 runs so smoothly it has so much depth, it is great to see someone still working at improving this amazing mod.

People always argue that money is the greatest human motivator, without financial incentive nothing would get done. But with these games we see how money forces companies to release games way before they are finished. It always amazes me when folks come along and for nothing other than love of the game spend their own time to fix up the stuff the developers didn't have the budget to allocate time for.
    Last edited by The_Athenian; January 30, 2015 at 12:46 PM.

When can we expect a download o.o?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

When he has finished, did you not read any of the post's above?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Leoni....I just have to say: Well Done! I hope you won't give up on this.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Leoni, I posted a list of things that could be fixed/improved to RSII in a Thread about the future of RSII. Since your mod is based on RSII it also applies to your mod. I hope it's useful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith of eternal doom View Post
    btw: did you guys applied all these fixes (except the ones that aren't not applicable to RSII, like vanilla unit model fixes) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=795 and did you implemented climate specific movement modifiers? (a recently discovered feature of rtw, see spoiler). I also recommend to replace the scorched texture on the campaign map by a sand texture in desert climates. Another thing you should do is to fix a glitch that occurs at when zooming out at coastlines (I did this for you so you don't have to do it, just delete the old water data\TERRAIN\battlefield\water folder and extract this in your RSII folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b...ew?usp=sharing) There are also high resolution Mud Road textures I made which you may use in RSII as long as you mention me in the credits: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b...ew?usp=sharing Same counts for these sky textures I made: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b...ew?usp=sharing (they are smoother than the current ones in RSII and are specially designed so they have smooth transitions) Sorry if I'm being pushy, I just want this modification to be as complete as possible.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

climate default

grass_short 0.9
    grass_long 0.75
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.85
    forest_dense 0.6
    scrub_dense 0.75
    swamp 0.65
    mud 0.75
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.45
    snow 0.75

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

climate alpine

grass_short 0.9
    grass_long 0.75
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.75
    forest_dense 0.6
    scrub_dense 0.65
    swamp 0.65
    mud 0.7
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.4
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.5

climate highland

grass_short 0.9
    grass_long 0.75
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.8
    forest_dense 0.55
    scrub_dense 0.7
    swamp 0.65
    mud 0.7
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.55

climate sub_arctic

grass_short 0.9
    grass_long 0.75
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.8
    forest_dense 0.55
    scrub_dense 0.7
    swamp 0.7
    mud 0.75
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.45
    snow 0.8

climate temperate_grassland_infertile

grass_short 0.9
    grass_long 0.7
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.9
    forest_dense 0.6
    scrub_dense 0.7
    swamp 0.65
    mud 0.7
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.55

climate temperate_grassland_fertile

grass_short 0.85
    grass_long 0.65
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.9
    forest_dense 0.7
    scrub_dense 0.7
    swamp 0.65
    mud 0.7
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.55

climate temperate_forest_open

grass_short 0.9
    grass_long 0.7
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.85
    forest_dense 0.6
    scrub_dense 0.7
    swamp 0.65
    mud 0.7
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.6

climate temperate_forest_deep

grass_short 0.9
    grass_long 0.7
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.85
    forest_dense 0.55
    scrub_dense 0.7
    swamp 0.65
    mud 0.7
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.55

climate swamp

grass_short 0.85
    grass_long 0.65
    sand 0.75
    rock 0.9
    forest_dense 0.55
    scrub_dense 0.75
    swamp 0.6
    mud 0.65
    mud_road 0.9
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.4
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.55

climate semi_arid

grass_short 0.95
    grass_long 0.75
    sand 0.8
    rock 0.9
    forest_dense 0.65
    scrub_dense 0.75
    swamp 0.7
    mud 0.75
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.4
    snow 0.7

climate rocky_desert

grass_short 0.95
    grass_long 0.8
    sand 0.75
    rock 0.85
    forest_dense 0.65
    scrub_dense 0.75
    swamp 0.7
    mud 0.8
    mud_road 0.95
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.45
    snow 0.85

climate sandy_desert

grass_short 0.95
    grass_long 0.8
    sand 0.7
    rock 0.85
    forest_dense 0.65
    scrub_dense 0.75
    swamp 0.7
    mud 0.85
    mud_road 0.85
    stone_road 1.0
    water 0.45
    ice 0.45
    snow 0.9

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Hi Leoni, how are things going?
    regards

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

this year goes just lame, in case of modding for me...just finished the romanoi cursus honorum...had to figure out that consul-dictator stuff...so now you can be elected as consul...later as pro consul and become a dictator, but very limited on different conditions...so not hundred of dictators will roaming around...dictatorship will have four levels...time two years...or 16 turns---´months to play...until the half, you can lay down the dictatorship down and safe the republic...otherwise you will cause a civil war
    so i just have to finish the battle traits-some names now, than i can test it....after this, the persian traits remains to be done, until i could start the last part of work on the mod...
    with this delay i hope also, to add some more moddels for whom i wait very long now....will see...

Sounds great!!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Sounds interesting! Keep the grest work

I can just say that you have a wonderful project with your mod, and I'm impressionned by this work!

I know too the time we need to create wonderful mod, and the work that's to implant all ours ideas in... So "bravo" and good luck!
    Don't hesit to follow the progress of my original mod, I made great progress these days.

hello again, before i started my roman faction testing, i noticed all that missing descriptions and recoded massivly the building tree...also some here and in the russian forum mentioned, this project could be focused to one sided for the greeks...to many cities in the aegaen region...hope my screens and the upcoming prevs could show, that every culture...faction will be recognise, even for some it is much easier to do, by ancient sources and the pre work of mods like eb...(i also made use of some great eb2 building icons-modified them)

Last edited by leoni; May 13, 2015 at 03:33 AM.

Looking brilliant ( I will be finished with my work so will start research asap )

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Do you want to use the RSIII enviroment in your mod? I'll sent it to you if you want (I'll also need to modify map_ground_types.tga and map_climates.tga, so you'll need to send those files so I can modify them or you'll have to modify it yourself)

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Fantastic!!

after i finished the temples, you can build now 15 temples, but not at once....depends on resources, some exclude others...also you have to look, as they provide different bonuses for other buildings...i recoded the roman characters and city starting levels...

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

interesting update - this emerges really big

It's handy that all roads lead to Roma.

It means max speed to get there and sack it

played 60 years, so far no bugs...have to polish some building connections and will test the dictator trait, before i can go to my last chapter....parthia and armenia....

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing updates!