Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42678283848586878889909192
Results 1,821 to 1,833 of 1833

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    No problem Saul, thanks again for quick answer, I just wanted to be clear why I said 1.6 (I wasn't sure myself to be honest until I found the exact loadscreen). It was not for nothing because now we know it should say 1.7 like in your screenshot, correct? Meaning I haven't installed 'Patch 07'? It's entirely possible I didn't so as not to override any little changes I made (but too numerous to apply to a new patch version). However, since you are saying '07' should run without CTD's I'd be willing to give it a try. I'll check out the script fix first, as an unrelated issue (I believe) Didn't think there was a big deal and didn't know/see the fix. Thank you again for uploading! Is the fix supposed to be applied to 1.7/07 patch or I could try to use it with my 1.6? If it only makes changes to garrison script and later patch doesn't then I could probably use it safely.
    07 is not savegame iirc....add fix after 07...but this should sort your ctd's..... you could make a new install alongside then copy your latest save and paste it in to see if it works I suppose, time consuming I know but....

Regarding map.rwm, I've always known that, but indeed I thought I needed to do that only at a start of a new campaign/mod/patch. If I am correct, not doing that properly makes the mod not run at all, so it can't be connected to battle CTDs (but I may be wrong of course).
    delete map.rwm only after new install or updated patch. aye it's true mod will not run unless this is done.

I get a background script error every time I quit the game normally with WWC.
    this could be because the AI formation you have in the launcher/Edit RS preferences/RS parameters does not coincide with the exe you are using, this happens with RS but not sure if relevant or needs to be set to default in this mod

What does it mean WWC: Diadochi? A brand new version or a merge of WWC and Diadochi mod? I honestly have no idea, is there a thread for that? Anyway, like I said, I was aiming for a fix/explanation that I could use but not spoil my edited '1.6' and especially my Roman save which I played a long time and have some nice characters going But it's all for nothing if game CTD every second battle. So what is the difference/connection between 'WWC Twilight..' (1.6,1.7,etc.) and 'WWC: Diadochi'?
    A large overhaul and virtually a new mod, dozens of new ancillaries, wifes, names, new custom portraits, reworked every settlement for start buildings, new family trees for every faction, new starting traits, new portraits and reskinned models for the new factions, new cities, and slightly extended map too. here's the TWC thread ¬ https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...9-WWC_DIADOCHI

This is very strange and disheartening, take a look what they've done to my good old TWC:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Try this link to see if it gives you the old style TWC https://www.twcenter.net/forums/
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 05, 2020 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Typo + added info
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thank you for taking the time for the detailed answer. A nice idea, making a separate copy and try patch 07+fix, forget the savegame, I just wish I could keep some of my little changes to the mod. maybe I could 'port' them in this way by keeping both installs. the problem is not time it's disk space. but nothing is perfect, I know.. But this is the way to go in my situation.

I have to admit I didn't understand the AI formation part. How is that connected to a script error? But if you say so, I believe you. Just didn't get is there a way to fix it. Does this happen with 07, WWC: Diadochi etc.?
    (BTW, Formations seems to work fine in battle, if the battle doesn't CTD as explained in posts above)

Wow, I really knew nothing about WWC: Diadochi, I am sure to check it out. Maybe it 'solves' all my dillemas, just install that and try to modify is as I see fit. How would you rate it alongisde WWC: Twilight?
    I know you gave a brief description, just want to know which one you prefer and play most now.
    * A very important question about that mod would be does it have proper sprites to units (like RS III) or is it like old WWC where 99% of units had no sprites or they weren't working, making it a lagfest for old (or ancient) machines like mine. Of course all my graphics options, including unit detail are set to 'Low' and I always play Large units sizes. I don't count big reinforcement battles that always lag a bit, I'm talking about being able to play normally 1:1 stack battle. So you see why sprites are so important to me.

P.S. Unfortunately, the link for TWC is the same I use, with the same result How is it possible that we have a different layout? I haven't accepted any visual change, if I was even asked, that's for sure.
    Also, can I PM you some other quick questions Saul? They are not WWC related so I wouldn't want to spam the thread here. They are all little modding questions, nothing too serious or complicated.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; June 06, 2020 at 07:43 AM.

Thank you for taking the time for the detailed answer. A nice idea, making a separate copy and try patch 07+fix, forget the savegame, I just wish I could keep some of my little changes to the mod. maybe I could 'port' them in this way by keeping both installs. the problem is not time it's disk space. but nothing is perfect, I know.. But this is the way to go in my situation.
    External drives are fairly inexpensive these days and maybe an alternative way to go.

I have to admit I didn't understand the AI formation part. How is that connected to a script error? But if you say so, I believe you. Just didn't get is there a way to fix it. Does this happen with 07, WWC: Diadochi etc.?
    (BTW, Formations seems to work fine in battle, if the battle doesn't CTD as explained in posts above)
    Here are some screenies hopefully to explain¬1) My normal(and best imo) AI formation in RS parameters for ALX. exe¬ 2) changed exe without changing AI formation in RS parameters¬ 3) error window as per result of change of exe.
    leoni has set the PARAMETERS for DIADOCHI so dont change them under any circumstances.

Wow, I really knew nothing about WWC: Diadochi, I am sure to check it out. Maybe it 'solves' all my dillemas, just install that and try to modify is as I see fit. How would you rate it alongisde WWC: Twilight?
    I know you gave a brief description, just want to know which one you prefer and play most now.
    * A very important question about that mod would be does it have proper sprites to units (like RS III) or is it like old WWC where 99% of units had no sprites or they weren't working, making it a lagfest for old (or ancient) machines like mine. Of course all my graphics options, including unit detail are set to 'Low' and I always play Large units sizes. I don't count big reinforcement battles that always lag a bit, I'm talking about being able to play normally 1:1 stack battle. So you see why sprites are so important to me.
    I did not test Diadochi, leoni just released it even though he had asked me to test, I cannot tell you anything other than what's written in the thread I'm afraid. Not meaning to downplay it, it's unfortunately not without issues and is not perfect(as is any mod really) it's still very playable and even though it promises to be a better playing experience than Twilight, I have to say there are a few things that need to be addressed.

P.S. Unfortunately, the link for TWC is the same I use, with the same result How is it possible that we have a different layout? I haven't accepted any visual change, if I was even asked, that's for sure.
    Also, can I PM you some other quick questions Saul? They are not WWC related so I wouldn't want to spam the thread here. They are all little modding questions, nothing too serious or complicated.
    I can't explain why it should so different, I too initially had a different layout when my PC blew a gasket and I had to start everything from scratch, fortunately I had backed up a lot of stuff on a flash drive so at least got a foothold on what I had, here is a pic of the different layout. As for pming me, no worries with that though I must point out I'm not a modder, but I will help where I can or at least can contact modder friends for help on our RTW Community Discord(this is the new TWC you could almost say) in fact here's an invite link, why don't you come and join us, we're a friendly bunch(nearly 500 members now) and you can fire away any questions you like or just generally chat about stuff, not just on modding but a range of subjects, I'm there and will happily introduce you to my modding friends. https://discordapp.com/invite/p4jnanZ
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 06, 2020 at 11:54 PM. Reason: some added info

Sorry for delayed answer, Saul.

1. Inexpensive or not, I'm not ashamed to admit I cannot afford such expenses right now. Anyway, the question is not disk space per se (I have plenty), it's a matter of free disk space. So you see, I can easily create space if I delete some of my other games/mods. It's just that I prefer not to. If and when I finally give in to curiosity for WWC: Diadochi, disk space will not be an issue for another RTW install to test it.

2. Now I understand the AI formations error, but I have to say the first time I've seen it is on your screenshot. The error I get when I quit WWC ('v1.6') says it's a line in 'background_script.txt' (not sure about the filename, but obviously the mod script). Thanks for all the info, but since you've made it clear my version is outdated and probably bugged to begin with, it's only when I try applying '07 Patch' + Fix we can have further real discussion on stability. For now, you've made quite a lot of things clear to me, which is a great start, now I can choose my plan of action accordingly

3. Oh, so (WWC) Diadochi is WIP. Regardless, I think I'll stick to WWC: Twilight, I like it so much I don't need anything additional right now, just want to clear the CTD issues. Again, I think you've helped with that immensely, both with much needed information and also links to the appropriate files. So thank you again, kind sir

4. EDIT: Managed to fix the layout! It's good 'ol TWC now! It was as simple as logging out, then logging in the 'RTW' section of the forums and voila! Just glad to be using the classic style again...

5. I'll go ahead and PM you right now, I wasn't entirely accurate, I maybe meant 'mod questions' and not 'modding questions' but they are closely interconnected, so it's mostly the same. I'd love to join discord but my old PC/browser doesn't support discord unfortunately, I do have a laptop that's more up to date and can be used for this, will PM you separately for that if I have any more questions/ideas, grateful for being invited to meet RTW modding enthusiasts!
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; June 10, 2020 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Fixed layout by logging in TWC forums

No worries with delayed answer laddie, I always look into TWC at least once a day

1. Ok glad that's sorted

2. Good news.

3. You're welcome, glad I could help. Diadochi will be all the better once completed. Twilight should hopefully be fine for you now with the patch, I agree it's an enjoyable mod, I did 2 LP's on youtube, they're not great but I've never professed to being that good, it's just a fun hobby I took up after I retired mainly to keep me occupied as unfortunately I can't do anything physical/athletic anymore due to my mobility issues since my vehicle accident 6 years ago.....Oh! and also to try and keep my marbles in place as I wait for God

4. Ye gods I thought I mentioned doing that, sorry

5. I've received and answered already
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 11, 2020 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Typo + added info

is there anyway to get this mod to work with steam alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip V View Post
    is there anyway to get this mod to work with steam alexander
    I'm pretty sure you will find you can. Install RS 2.5 + 2.6 to steam Alexander then install the mod, it's fairly straight forward but important you follow the instructions closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will find you can. Install RS 2.5 + 2.6 to steam Alexander then install the mod, it's fairly straight forward but important you follow the instructions closely.
    i will download it tomorrow iv got rs3 but ill see what i can do to get rs2.6 than wwc ill let u know how it goes

Any news or life signs from Leoni regarding porting this to rome remastered via Med2?

Quote Originally Posted by leo_75 View Post
    Any news or life signs from Leoni regarding porting this to rome remastered via Med2?
    Sadly not a peep for a long time now Marcus, I know he was having problems with Windows on Rome and was why the move to Med 2, he also had some health issues but I don't know his situation now ...perhaps he's just given up because it had all become too much
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 19, 2023 at 10:50 AM.

Let`s hope he is in caveman mode and is working it out. Would be strange if his mod can`t be ported. Have a nice summer Saul c",)

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm sure he's fine, so let's wish him the best

Do you know him or are you talking to Leoni? If he does not "want" to port it over, maybe someone else could do it?