Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New Map in work...

dear antiochos...do you want to include two indep.nations factions...one for the greeks...one for all others
    i m not sure about sparta-syracuse....i thought within the indep.greeks, they got better chances, are more challenging for rome and carthage...gettin supports by massilia, tarentum, rhodos, bosporan, crete...other islands...

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    i m not sure about sparta-syracuse....i thought within the indep.greeks, they got better chances, are more challenging for rome and carthage...gettin supports by massilia, tarentum, rhodos, bosporan, crete...other islands...
    agree

for the other two faction slots I vote Dardania and Bastarnae as the Scythians, Bosporans, Odrysians, Illyrians, Judeans can be included in the Independent Greeks as they had a similar culture or a heavy influenced one...

Edit: a problem here would be the adversity between Scythians and Bosporans so another faction possibility here, of course Scythians were later abosrbed by the Sarmatians so maybe included in my suggested "Nomads" faction!?

Edit: oh and the Saka and Yuezhi invasions can be represented by an extended Sarmatian horde... their place of origin is close to the former Massagetae, current Alani and Chorasmians righ!? well Saka were close to their original home so a migration in the other dirrection can be triggered as well I guess for a better gameplay... or you could simply call the faction "Nomads" even if that would include the Dahae and Parni as well... but no Parthia separate...
    Last edited by Visarion; February 12, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would choose only 1 indepedent dynasties faction, not 1 independent greek faction and 1 indepedent rebel faction.

Factions that have rarely or never appeared in other mods would be great as choices. Bosporan Greeks, Bastarnae, Scordisci, Dardanians. Ofc any other idea bout a new eastern faction would sound very good to me.

Also, i find very good the idea of 1 Nomad faction.

Innovative stuff

very good my friends, so i will take scordisci tribe as 18. they fought some brave battles to the romans...not sure for the last slot...nomadic kingdoms or saka to invade from far east??? or bosporan greeks....

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I had independent kingdoms separate from independent Greek Poleis. Plus Sparta as faction slot number two. As for who fought Rome bravely ...well there was more going on at the proposed start than Rome. I also disagree with using independent Greeks faction to represent non Hellenes - they just werent Greek !

forgot celtic faction, for po valley, beyond the alps, represent migritian on to hellas-asia minor...

1.Rome
    2.Carthage
    3.Indp.Greeks-Massalia-Syracuse-Italy-Islands-Ionia-Bosporan
    4.Macedonia
    5.Aetolian l.
    6.Acheaen l.
    7.Getai
    8.Pergamon
    9.Bithynia
    10.Pontus
    11.Ptolemaioi
    12.Seleukids
    13.Parthia
    14.Bactria
    15.Mauryan
    16.Sarmatia
    17.Armenia
    18.Indep.Celts
    19.Indep.Nomads-for Desert Tribes-Germanic Migration-Berber Tribes North Africa Arabia-Nubia-Steppes as Saka
    20.Slaves

...i think what still could be changed-maybe-armenia instead for another really new faction
    sparta or syracuse would be cool to play, but historical impact is more regional limited for this timeframe...and with aetolians-acheaens-makedonia you got enough trouble potential around....
    ...with the indp.nomads-i could keep the balance, so bactria-parthia not become superpowers and seleukids are weakened but not crashed, as for the games i played so far...so also the ptolemaioi will face some trouble, in judea, desert from nubia...if they would grow to fast
    ...so i plan to make the starting postitions very tough...big kingdoms will face some trouble on the borders, or family problems within...new indp. factions will have potenial but just smaler strongholds and slave-rebell towns, will not be easy to take....
    mercenaries will be limited and the full pool just recruitable by advanced buildings...cause the ai need this impulse, to improve their building system
    Last edited by leoni; February 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

Artifex

sounds great!

Edit: @ Antiochus: Scythians and Odrysians weren't Greeks true but they adopted the Greek language and lifestyle... of course the adversity between Scythians and Bosporans puts them in diffrent camps so perhaps Scythians under Independent Nomads or Slaves but Odrysians were very Greek in nature so they could be included in the Independent Greeks, Iphicrates for instance fought for both the Athenians and Odrysians, Spartans and Odrysians were part of the 10,000 of the Persian king that tried to break the empire into a Hellenic one and the old one etc. Bithynia will be an interesting faction with a rich roster but I suggest giving some settlements to the Independent Celts in Anatolia as well together with Tylis, Serdica, Singindunum, Segestica, Mediolanum, Noricum, Boihaemum etc.
    Last edited by Visarion; February 13, 2013 at 02:09 PM.

sounds like alot of work...

Artifex

true!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If I may put my two cents in, I'd like to see those last two slots filled by factions that aren't already in RS2. A Cretan faction certainly piques my interest, as does the Bastarnae.

Although I must admit I would love to play Sparta on your amazing new map with the more... volatile situation in Greece.

i know what you mean, i also would love just to play as city state-rhodos?...hope one day to find some guys to help me bringing this to med2...so all these minor factions should than be in...

Rhodes sounds interesting, too. Though if I had to pick between Rhodes and Crete, I'd go Crete. I just like island-based factions in general.

Artifex

yes but Crete is nothing without two competing powers right!?

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    yes but Crete is nothing without two competing powers right!?
    Not sure what you mean. There are plenty of competing powers on the map. Rome, Carthage, Macedon, etc..

Artifex

I mean that on Crete there was alway a war... City States lasted 'till very late and they united to fight each other... traditions and stuff... of course Mainland Greece was also involved in their business...

I found a great Russian mod called Battle for Hellas: Rising of Macedonia:

http://bshine.ru/forum/24-2189-1

Sadly I can´t install it.

Hello everyone!
    I'm sorry for OT. I'm the Battle for Hellas: Rising of Macedonia modder.
    Yes, you are right: there are some problems with the installer and comrades of the English-speaking community have them. While ru.net users have been installing the mod without any problems we haven't any solution yet. We need some time to investigate it.

You may write to the BFH forum to describe your difficulties with the installation and they will be solved. And we're ready for cooperation if you will need some devices to make the installation and the game more comfortable.
    Sorry for offtopic again.

http://bshine.ru/forum/514-116-1#24017

I found a great Russian mod called Battle for Hellas: Rising of Macedonia:
    Sadly I can´t install it.

Hello everyone!
    I'm sorry for OT. I'm the Battle for Hellas: Rising of Macedonia modder.
    Yes, you are right: there are some problems with the installer and comrades of the English-speaking community have them. While ru.net users have been installing the mod without any problems we haven't any solution yet. We need some time to investigate it.

You may write to the BFH forum to describe your difficulties with the installation and they will be solved. And we're ready for cooperation if you will need some devices to make the installation and the game more comfortable.
    Sorry for offtopic again.
    http://bshine.ru/forum/514-116-1#24017

great to see your around here, i will surely cooperate with you and all the russian mod teams, as i planned to include some fine art from you, in my next version too....

alrigh followers, some time ago i asked around for more cities, want to see...silence? so i made my decision...Kyzikos in asia minor...better for bythnia...another poleis in coele syria...this area will see some tough trouble between ptolemaioi and the arche...finally apollonia on the way to the tauros mountains...some poleis also replaced a bit....still not sure if zypern should have to poleis???
    about factions, still think about to switch out sarmatia...represented by indp.nomad-steppes and to include another thread...armenia was also no real player in these days...so i m not sure about these two...and as we mentioned before, we all would love to play with something new...

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Another two Greek Poleis in Mikra Asia would be great I think