Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] New stuff for RS II-New campaign-1.2-Event movies-Part1&2 New Achaean League 1.6

Well, leoni, Ive tried everything, but the event videos are still all black. Things ive tried:

1. Reinstalled your mod files in the data folder. In the correct order (i double-checked that)
    2. removed "-nm" from the roma surrectum commandline
    3. started a new campaign (as the Seleucids)

Still black boxes. And its for all the new movies too, not just one or two- none work (I tested that)

Notes: I can play the video files fine when not in rome total war. (using VLC) so i doubt im missing some kind of codec (besides, i got a large codec pack thats served me well thus far, and i recall these working on other mods)

I dont think the error is in the text files; if it was i doubt i would have seen a video at all, or the game would have crashed.

I play RS2 on the Alexander engine.

I only have tried 0-turn campaigns, though i highly doubt that it matters.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] New stuff for RS II-New campaign-1.2-Event movies-Part1&2 New Achaean League 1.6

Dear followers...wwc coding are on a good way, in the breaks from boring text work, i always improve the map, to make it historical accurate, as for me possible...did someone recognise that the nile valley and area of alexandria looks wired...i hope you like the changes...just to explain the first screen...you now clearly see alexandria up to the Mareotis lake, with the lighthouse in the peninsula of Pharos...the bay with the big harbour too...now move up the coast to cape Kanopos with the first nile course called Arm of Kanopos...than move on to cape Rosette and behind the Edku lake with the nile course of Rosette...hope you like my little tour...the other screens speaks for itself...see you soon
    Last edited by leoni; March 06, 2014 at 04:34 AM.

Citizen

Thanks, leoni ! +rep for caring about my problem. Ill look around a bit.

I started a 0 turn seleucid campaign, with bi exe---didnt found my alex cd yet---everything was working fine.
    You still got black screens??

Citizen

Just tried a BI 0 turn seleucid campaign, same thing. At least we know it has nothing to do with game version now.

Im sure its a user error on my part somewhere. Why dont you go step by step how to install the mod. Which file to download first, where to install it, etc.

Alright--download event movies part 1.

Put the included Alex folder and the senate folder into your fmv folder within the main rs2 data folder.

Than copy the txt files also to ya main rs2 data folder.

So you got into your fmv folder an Alex folder, and a senate folder---right.

The same thing with event part 2----copy and overwrite the existend txt files in ya rs2 main data folder.

Delete the map.rwm and start a new campaign.

Nothing more to do--just playing.

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] New stuff for RS II-New one turn campaign-with Achaean League-Version2.0-Event movies-Part1&2

It is time for something new, but well known too.

New one turn campaign-with Achaean League-Version2.0 :

Portraits-event pic added for egyptians-romans-greek-- Portraits for the eastern and greek, carthage
    Many new-reskinned units, for the ptolemai, seleucid, macedon, pergamon, carthage, pontus, armenia.
    Fixed the coward trait.
    -three new regions--mytilene, aigion, hierapytna on krete
    -many new buildings for the hellenes--two historical--corinth--thermos
    -complete new rooster-units-barracks for achea
    -ethnic traits from EB for hellenes, carthage, romans, eastern, babarian, nomad
    -complete new trait tree for carthage, unique ancillaries
    -lots of new ancillaries for hellenes
    -all hellenes-egyptian, got an civil-military trait tree
    -seleucid satrapie system included
    -roman rebellions, to hold back to fast expansion
    -iberia tribes, didnt overun carthage anymore
    -complete overwork for unit stats--costs
    -again overworked names, surnames for achea, hard faction start position
    -Davide.Coole work for strat added
    -garrison script for diff.factions--key cities
    -scripted rebellion in relation to ya character standing for Achea
    -two scripted historical battles--mantineia--corinth, for Achea
    -new loading screens
    -faction relations reworked

As always, this work is in progress--played test campaign with many factions--so far no ctd--error message.

Please report any bugs--comments--critic---thanks at all and have fun.

Citizen

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] New stuff for RS II-New one turn campaign-with Achaean League-Version2.0-Event movies-Part1&2

Gaaah ! Id love to play this mod, but I only play 0-turn campaigns. Those new carthage features sound so nice, too

Thanks, and sad to hear.
    But since i played SPQR mod, enless stacks..lower strategic-tactical for me, i always prefer one turn campaigns.
    Maybe it is time for you to give this a try???
    Remember-since Hannibal was banned from didos city, the barcid-and or reformers are need for an strong leader, to push back this up nose romans too.
    !!So just take command!!
    Last edited by leoni; July 24, 2011 at 10:21 PM.

Congrats on the last release Leoni, a huge one as always!

Hopefully not to huge for you to play.

Hi Leoni, the new updates miss againg the Ui cards for Macedonia Thorakitai and the Amphipolitan Phalangites for Ptolemaics

HE he, just a test if somebody seriously playing this mod.

No--maybe im gettin old??? Dementia---or just need such carefully testers, like you are.

Thanks for this, i m now finished to included ethnics, druid, merchant, warrior traits for all babarians.

Tomorrow i will add also some ancillaries just for them.

I m still in need of some trait tree for armenia, than finally every faction got his own stuff.

Also i asked a friend of mine, to work on a new campaign map, to enlarge hellas to include epirus, aetolian league, numidia, and maybe to expand to the east for bactria, india.

But these are future plans.

Unfortunately it is very quiet here, but if anyone got some ideas, will help with research, bug report, always welcome.

Eheh, Who knows! However i'm stil here just watchin this great work! As always, keep up! This is the best submod for RSII togheter with FGE!

Maybe its time to call ya manager for commercial and public relations.

Without money, but for honor and the secret of metal.

Thanks for your overwhelming feedback. Somethings will be never forget.

Ok here i am with some feedback on this magnificient work. I've tried some turn with the Acheans in H/H mode cause i've found M/M just too easy. First of all no ctd's at all or errors anyway, just little one about description of the traits. The title of description is shown twice both in the traits list when you move the cursor on the trait itself and in the notification. I also noticed that for some traits, such as the Synode, there is no notification. Why? and could you Leoni explain me a bit more about the system of the synode?
    About strategy, if you let the time pass by it become really difficult to get the cities in the south, so for now i'm looking to the north and i'm trying to catch Thebes and Athens to my cousins greek

And here some pics

Enjoy!

Just great mr.--and a huge thanks to you.

Alright--some facts to the acheaen civil trait system--they share it with the independent greeks.

For the start, every character need to have a micro kleros--to start his career in civil.

There are 3 trees---all in relation to personality traits, and wealth represented by charac.kleros
    You need to build the gymnasium first, to start your journey.

judical -----------financial -------------education-religion

Ergepistates--------Tamia------------- Paidonomoi
    Thesmothetai------ Tagoi ------------- Panegyrarches
    Nomothetai -------- Emporiarches --------Gymnasiarch

Every fith turn a synodoi took place, for 2 rounds, where at the end higher officials will be elected.

synodoi--needed the bouleuterion--elected the

Damiurgoi ---- Synarchioi ----- Apokletoi

synodoi--needed the bouleuterion--elected the final ranks

Archon Basileus Archon Eponymos

If you failed the elction, with the time the chance increase to retire, gettin miserly-melancholic, or senil.

The military tree is seperate, but the strategos was elected by the synodoi.

So you need a general, with good skills to bring to a town, where the bouleuterion was builded.

If the synodoi starts, your general must be rested--and could be promoted as strategos--but only for 5 turns.
    Than, again a new one will be elected. But as previous strategos, the chance is high to be elcted again.

Also today i finished to implement a complete new armenian trait-military system--new ancill. only for armenia too.

Also EBs celtic-german-getai ethnics--with some changes are included--ancill. also. Garrison script is updated.

I will upload some screens tomorrow, final testing and hopefully next update for the weekend. Just rock on guys....
    Last edited by leoni; February 20, 2012 at 05:26 AM.

Like i had promised---the preview for armenia--and some screens for the celtic traits too.

As armenian you will get one of four kinds of estates, cause your nakharar need a solid base for his social standing--his troops.

The civil tree depended on the royal vassal system, and if your father was doing right, some bravly ancillaries, will be help your char. ways soon. Or you proven ya skills on the battlefield. Just look on it.

Last edited by leoni; August 03, 2011 at 02:51 AM.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] When Worlds Collide---New one turn campaign-with Achaean League--Version2.0--Event movies-Part1&2

Great mod !