Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3560757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1833

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

playing as bactria atm. well this is a nice made mod. you feel the passion of the makers when you play it.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

welcome to wwc, hope you will give some more feedback, from your campaining....

thanks,will post my findings with pictures.i find the watchtowers a bit to expencive though
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Thanks for your answers Saul and Leoni,,i was qurious about the map size cause i want to see as many cities as possible on the map,,and is it possible to downsize the cities in order to have a ton of cities and cover more ground with the map?

problems are the harcoded limit of 199 regions-cities, otherwise it would be just wonderful to add much more cities, make larger maps are focuse on parts with more details

personally i always dreamed of a rome expansion, where you have the possibility to even found new cities....

Hey leoni!
    Your game is just awesome, better than roma surrectum but, why in some cities like Kroton, Delphi, Athenai,... the building systems is different I can't build all of the building ?

Ahhh damn those hardcoded limits,,what suprised me most with rome 2 was that CA did not implement the map system from empire or just had the globe where you could just dive into where ever you wanted within the ancient known world and then they could have big maps and lots of cities in every big map drawn from the globe or just a first big map of the known world and then you could have the maps of all the diffrent dlc campaigns they made. Maybe sometime in the future. But i have one question for you,,i have experienced with bactria in WWC that i can not obtain more than 200.00. gold,,when i end turn with that kind of cash it goes down to 175.000. gold,,with rome it is worst,,can`t get past 75.000. gold

hi leoni,i played a couple of hours now, have to say top job building the city's is rewarding and battles are ok for pikes,altough low tier pikemen cant hold formation in my battles so far,is that intended? builded up bactria as recruitment centre but do they not get any bow cav? also it took me alot of turns figgering out a way out of the east for my diplomat.maybe in the future open up a path near the caspian sea
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    like maybe here.[IMG][/IMG]

also some text is missing on a discripion and the cataphact cav is labeled as missile cav
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [/IMG][IMG]here is a bit of text missing i believe(yes some of us actually read the descriptions)[IMG][/IMG]

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

Hi leoni!!!Thank for your effort,and continue this great mod but i think i have a CTD when i play the romani!!The campaign runs smooth and when i try to fight the battle and zoom in, it crashes an pop up a message than it couldn't find texture for early_praetorian_cav2.tga!?!?

@ quentin....in athens, delphi, dodona, persepolis it is not forseen to build anything further, athens will give you income and huge warships, the other cities are more treasury
    holdings--historical places...they provide a good income and much information....also there are several towns with historical temples, places, where temple built is limited....

@ leo....the cash flow is limited by a script, for the most of mods, otherwise, you would have to much money, so the player should be forced to
    think further strategical

@ tungri...bactria will be able to recruit merc bow cav in the steppes, marakanda, alexandria eschate, there you have to build a hegemonia barrack

or symmachia....for your diplomat, you could go straight down to the persian gulf and follow the coast up to mesopotamia....or the northern
    route, up to the caspian sea, maybe enter toggle_fow command during your camp and look out, where to go....you have to move from asak
    to hekatomphylos, then north, along the coast....the easiest way up to armenia and the bosoporans....
    i blocked that way from your screen, to force the ai, to first conquer asak and hekatomphylos historically, also to avoid a to fast expansion
    either from east or west, as sometimes in a early dev stage, armenia, just fast expand the route into partia, avoiding to much struggle with
    the seleucids, or otherwise parthia to fast stand on the door of seleucid ekbatana...

@ teobec...if you face that ctd, you missed or dont correct installed the latest fix, attached on the first post....there you will find that texture
    some missing ui cards, new textures for others....all savegame combatible....
    Last edited by leoni; January 22, 2018 at 12:08 AM.

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you leoni!I didnt see the fix!Keep up the good work!!!

aaarrrgghh,,a gold stealing script,hehe,,thanks for your answer,,i can appreciate that this will further the difficulty of the game...and again thank you so much for this awesome mod...the best one i played so far,,keep e`m comming

alright, play it, have fun....just tweaking around with the map, to add all of arabia, do give ptolemai conquering meroe and to give the nabatu a backyard, if the pressure from

seleucid and ptolemai gettin to high...and maurya-india will get bonus towns too

ah ok,i understand now why you blocked that pass. also the general unit of bactria is pictured as a hoplite and its a cav unit. nice that you keep tweaking the map. so in the future its possible to boat to ptolomai lands from india?

yes, i cutted much aways from more unsettled northern lands, also corsica, sardinia have a very low impact for gameplay, ai as rome just cares for sicily and to expand on land....and now you will be able to sail around arabia....

and carthage has enough income, even without sardinia, the map already worked, just have to work out details and the new regions-cities

just sad about those harcoded limits, imagine to have as much factions as mtw2 would be great....

this map will hopefully also be used for a wwc-diadochi project, or alexander too....different scenarios are possible....

how do i build up my family member stats? i seem to get no command or management traits for any governer or general... nice mod though, sad i discovered it only now.thanks to saul his lets play's i found it

please remember, this is a 8 turns per year mod, development for characters going slower, than usually, its also important to develop education, festival-games buildings....

for new born characters it would be wisely to let them stay in a major city, with such buildings....when they reach the age around twenty, they will finish some sort of education

getting their second major character traits and could start a civil career....similar to eb trait system

for example in my current ptolemai campaign, i usually collect new, uneducated characters in alexandria, or later in other major cities to get educated, under the presence

of a good skilled governor, just let them hunt some rebels from time to time to earn battle experiences

Hey leoni sorry to bother you once more with my performance issues, but like you guessed I'm having some lag in battles. Now I would blame my system first, if not the fact I can play other mods with 2-3 full stacks on the battlefield on Large just fine. What I noticed is, the units seem to have no sprites. (which is a major hit on performance for low-end PCs of course). But I did stumble across something about sprites being included in the latest release of WWC. Then I checked the appropriate files and all seemed well - sprites are there and should show up, but don't (at least for Roman infantry, which is my faction so I use them every battle). My unit detail settings are set to low or lowest, so sprites should be used in all cases except extreme zoom in.

Anyway, all of this is not really an issue with the mod itself, but again my old PC is giving out and I'm desperate to milk some FPS from it (even if it means lower overall quality, that's no problem).

P.S. Now I remembered another user asked if 'something is being done about LOD', maybe he meant 'level of detail', referring to the same issue? I just came across threads about sprites with the term 'LOD' mentioned, but who knows what this user originally meant..
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 24, 2018 at 11:48 AM.

Is this Mod Compatible With Roma Surrectum 3 beta version?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Is this Mod Compatible With Roma Surrectum 3 beta version?
    It's not I'm afraid 2.6 only, you have to rename the Play_One_Turn folder and it is automatically regenerated when you install this submod, in RSIII it corrupts the script affecting the buildings tree and is unplayable.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 24, 2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre