Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Esf Total Editor

Default Re: Esf Total Editor

Did you type a full name with extension for output esf, e.g. myfile.esf?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Did you type a full name with extension for output esf, e.g. myfile.esf?
    Indeed I did, I tried both with and without the extension, but no luck. It gives me the folloing message in the command window:

xml2esf:198:in 'start_element': undefined method 'to_sym' for ["magic", "43982 0 1256918690"]:Array (NoMethodError)
    Along with some other stuff, but I guess this is the important message. Perhaps I have installed JRuby wrongly?

The luck of extension is responsible for finding in converter folder the output file and not in Esf folder. About the error message I am sure Taw will get a clue of what is going on.

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Aermanner View Post
    Indeed I did, I tried both with and without the extension, but no luck. It gives me the folloing message in the command window:

Along with some other stuff, but I guess this is the important message. Perhaps I have installed JRuby wrongly?
    I've seen this error message before. This is either badly installed nokogiri or old version of esfxml.

To install correct nokogiri:

jgem uninstall nokogiri
    jgem install nokogiri --pre

To get recent version of esfxml go here.

Quote Originally Posted by taw View Post
    I've seen this error message before. This is either badly installed nokogiri or old version of esfxml.

To install correct nokogiri:

jgem uninstall nokogiri
    jgem install nokogiri --pre

To get recent version of esfxml go here.
    It was an old version of the converter, apparently, now it works!

Husserl, I used the converter that came with your download, perhaps it should be updated (or perhaps it's just me, I hope nobody else has this problem).

Thanks, guys, it is much appreciated!

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Aermanner View Post
    It was an old version of the converter, apparently, now it works!

Husserl, I used the converter that came with your download, perhaps it should be updated (or perhaps it's just me, I hope nobody else has this problem).

Thanks, guys, it is much appreciated!
    Gui is maintained by husserlTW and esf-xml converter is maintained by me, so there's a huge coordination problem here with either of us providing a single zip with both. We definitely need to sort it out somehow :-/

I'm having an issue with this tool, whenever I try and convert startpos.esf into an XML file it seems to start the conversion, then I get an error saying that it can't find a bat file, then it seems to continue, tells me that the esf has been converted, then brings up another error message, which if you click on a certain button closes the program. I've looked through all the folders associated with the editor, and I cannot find the XML version of startpos.esf anywhere, even though when I try and convert it again it asks me if I want to replace an existing copy.

Maybe it would help if you had copied the error messages (details) so I could see them. The problem with bat file has to do either with corrupted file (re-download ETE) or some security process prevents the program from making the necessary batch fie to complete the conversion.

This is the error message that comes up during the conversion process:

And this is the error that comes up at the end:

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I got that too. I guessed it's due to a bad directory in the coding. If you just simply find esfxml.bat, all of the code in it should be created, so just run the .bat and it will do the conversion.

I've found the bat file, but when I try and run it it brings up an empty command box which then vanishes without doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius the Mighty View Post
    This is the error message that comes up during the conversion process:

And this is the error that comes up at the end:
    Copy this part of the error message please so I can see it all please (you can copy/paste it). What is your OS?

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    I got that too. I guessed it's due to a bad directory in the coding. If you just simply find esfxml.bat, all of the code in it should be created, so just run the .bat and it will do the conversion.
    If the problem was that, it would be easy to be fixed. But commands are correct and as you see he has not even the esfxml.bat file made. Moreover I have not received any other report like it.

Btw Mitch have you any idea of this problem: As you've noticed in menu bar there are 2 folder links that target to Esf Folder and Xml Folder. If you install the application using a setup.exe when you click either of those it goes in Documents and not it's target folder. But if you just copy the application it works fine. Why is that happening?

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Just something I found out (probably not related to any of those problems up there ^)...

On Windows Vista and 7 you need to Run as Administrator. Otherwise it stops working after you click Esf to XML
    Last edited by Okmin; January 31, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

I've noticed the pathfinder in the total editor is not always compatible with the esf2xml converter, for best results copy the "EsfTotal Editor Release" folder to your core directory (ie C: ) so the path is much simpler (C:\EsfTotal Editor Release) also, move the files you want to edit into the C:\EsfTotal Editor Release folder (not a sub folder) for the xml2esf move the XML FOLDER ("caiset" folder, not the xml's therein.) Then run TEE and select the file/folder in the C:\EsfTotal Editor Release directory. This generally will solve the "file not found" type error. (which is often what the dos shell error is, atleast in my case)

I'm running XP, so things might be a little easier for me, but if you copy-paste taw's newest rb files into the EsfTotal Editor Release\Converters folder and follow his readme file for the JRuby download
    http://jruby.org.s3.amazonaws.com/do...sjre_1_5_3.exe
    finally goto the dos shell and do the jgem uninstall nokogiri / jgem install nokogiri --pre commands. That will get the basic potential problems out of the way so husserlTW can figure out the real problem if it still remains.
    Last edited by CavalryCmdr; February 01, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Laetus

Thank you for program, but where I can find converted .xml files? In which folder?

In Xml menu up in the middle.

Are you planing to add the script option?

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

There is no point to update program when Taw updates his work almost every day (which is very very good for us). I'll wait some more times for more goodies and a better development of the existing. Anyway I'll rework it completely some time in the near future.

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    There is no point to update program when Taw updates his work almost every day (which is very very good for us). I'll wait some more times for more goodies and a better development of the existing. Anyway I'll rework it completely some time in the near future.
    I update code a lot, but interface to the code is quite stable, and most of the changes are simply new scripts added.

Just go forward with it, without a GUI I lose most of the users ;-)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast