Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: megalitho's cinematic videos

Default megalitho's cinematic videos

my BC videos:

feel free to rep, rate and comment.
    Last edited by megalitho; February 24, 2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Default Re: cinematic video

Very well done, megalitho! If this is your first try then I must say you're making big first steps. The unusual camera angles and movements together with those transitions make up a very interesting atmosphere.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

As for technical side of the video - I agree with NN. It is very well made; to be honest, it doesn't look like a first project.

If it comes to the content, my only remark is, as usual, that Muslims are actually non existent in the video - and that's a flaw of your work. It is a pity, because there are so many great looking units and showing only some vanilla militia is a total waste of the mod's graphical resources.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    As for technical side of the video - I agree with NN. It is very well made; to be honest, it doesn't look like a first project.
    first one -- but i have watched a lot of machinima videos before...

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    If it comes to the content, my only remark is, as usual, that Muslims are actually non existent in the video - and that's a flaw of your work. It is a pity, because there are so many great looking units and showing only some vanilla militia is a total waste of the mod's graphical resources.
    Don´t think so. The KOJ units shown in the video are a aspects of the mod. and this video is only a aspect of my work. in the next video i will show you some other units -- unique BC units...

i try to release it on sunday, but i can´t promise...

Nice video, I enjoyed it! Keep making them
    I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced,
    exterminate the spiritual force of all that challange,
    I'm the lyrical apocolypse that crumbles the granit,
    replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

this is very, very good for a first effort...Neige has the right of it, the unusual camera angles really help! good job

Thank you guys!

I´ve just uploaded my second BC-video. It is not an epic battle, it´s more like a compilation of some scenes, showing my experiments with the cam and my editing software -- far from perfect but worth watching (i think)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoc64u37AOQ

Pretty cool editing. What software are you using?

for this i´ve used:
    virtual dub
    corel video studio x3
    cinepaint (ubuntu)

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Wow, this is great! Keep them coming.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Cool job, man!

how did you capture the sound?

Quote Originally Posted by FlipNic0 View Post
    how did you capture the sound?
    That is a problem, indeed. I use wavestudio and capture the sound in edit mode. You can also use audacity, i think.

Yeah I used audacity but it was very pitchy and didn't sound good at all. It was also hard to record and align the video to the audio. Is wavestudio pretty much the same?

In my experience Audacity is very good. The sound quality is brilliant. Aligning the video to the audio will always be a pain. There's just no other way but putting it together bit by bit. Blame CA for not making a simple audio recording tool based on the created cine-ed camera movements.

How do you edit the sound? I've tried changing my preferences and changing the speakers through guess and check but i can't get it to work.

Yeah I used audacity but it was very pitchy and didn't sound good at all. It was also hard to record and align the video to the audio. Is wavestudio pretty much the same?
    i have tried audacity one time and it didn´t catch me. Yes, wavestudio is the same. The programm is part of soundblaster software and i use it since many years. But i have the same problem with getting video and sound synchronal.

How do you edit the sound? I've tried changing my preferences and changing the speakers through guess and check but i can't get it to work.
    Before recording I select Stereo Mix from the dropdown list. Then I open up cine-editor and load the camera group. Then I play each camera movement while recording and stop it after each camera movement. (You have to pause the editor and then stop the recording really fast.) This way I have an audio file for each camera movement. The final editing and cutting is done in the video editing software. That's how I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neige Noire View Post
    Before recording I select Stereo Mix from the dropdown list. Then I open up cine-editor and load the camera group. Then I play each camera movement while recording and stop it after each camera movement. (You have to pause the editor and then stop the recording really fast.) This way I have an audio file for each camera movement. The final editing and cutting is done in the video editing software. That's how I do it.

Thx. I know how to do the rest but i cant find stereo mix. Where do you find it?

http://audacity.download-latest.com/...ty-windows.png

Look at this image. It says Line-in on that drop-down box. Click on it, Stereo Mix should be there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast