Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If your TW game was the real history.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default If your TW game was the real history.

The world would be radically different if history went the way we play TW. Me, being someone who likes completely defying history, no matter how far fetched or ahistorical, makes things happen like the Aztecs conquering half of Europe, where huge amounts of Europeans are sacrificed and from Spain to Bohemia, they worship the Sun God. Or the Mughal Empire colonizing the Northeastern US - New York, New England, Pennsylvania and Maine - and convert the populace there to Islam and Northern Europe, where the same thing happens. So how would the world be different if YOUR TW game was the real history?
    Last edited by irontaino; January 06, 2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: If your TW game was the real history.

I always like to keep my games, whether its TW or EU, realistic and historically viable. Nothing too far fetched like the Ottomans conquering all of Europe, or Persia forming a neo-Achaemenid empire. I set more realistic goals like modernizing the Caliphate, conquering Vienna, taming the Spanish armada etc.

The Renaissance would have began under Byzantium, as Italy had been reclaimed by ERE. I suppose Orthodox Christianity would be at least Catholicisms equal in numbers then.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    I always like to keep my games, whether its TW or EU, realistic and historically viable. Nothing too far fetched like the Ottomans conquering all of Europe, or Persia forming a neo-Achaemenid empire. I set more realistic goals like modernizing the Caliphate, conquering Vienna, taming the Spanish armada etc.
    Something like this. I usually play the Byzzies and retake Anatolia and preserve the Roman Empire. Sometimes I conqouer southern Italy.

Xanthippus of Sparta's Avatar Campidoctor

Me too, for the most part.

Although in a vanilla RTW game I discovered America with the Byzantines.

"The fact is that every war suffers a kind of progressive degradation with every month that it continues, because such things as individual liberty and a truthful press are not compatible with military efficency."
    -George Orwell, in Homage to Catalonia, 1938.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Stark of Winterfell View Post
    The Renaissance would have began under Byzantium, as Italy had been reclaimed by ERE. I suppose Orthodox Christianity would be at least Catholicisms equal in numbers then.
    Renaissance wouldn't have begun because the Byzantines didn't need it lol

Europe, North Africa and the Americas would be Portuguese.

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

RTW: Carthage would have defeated Rome instead of the other way round and gained worldwide supremacy (this one is actually reasonably realistic)
    OR
    Macedonia would have united it's kingdoms by conquest once more before attacking and defeating Rome and taking over the known world.

M2TW: The English would have succeeded in their campaigns against France, annexing it and northern Italy, Switzerland, parts of Russia, and Scandinavia, and would also control the Middle East.

ETW: The British Empire encompasses India, much of Persia, all of the Americas, as well as all of Egypt and North Africa, and, should it be so inclined, could easily take over the lands of any European enemy it chooses. American revolution? What American Revolution?

Servive the Barbarian invasion as the Western Roman Empire.
    Conqering more Arab lands as the Eastern Roman Empire.
    Seeing Napoleon taking all of Europe.
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself...

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

RTW BI mod Invasio Barbarorum: Somnium Apostatae Juliani - the Sassanids fend off hephtalite incursions and manage to recreate the Achaemenid empire during the disorder following after Julian's death by defeating both Valens and, a bit later on, Procopius. After consolidating power and a fierce war with the guptas, they are now the most powerful nation in the whole world. They conquer all the inhabitable (for settled populations) areas in Arabia (Basically along the cost, where all the major cities are located), thus the Arab conquest never happen. The sassanid empire is now the largest ever seen and has a profound effect on the future of the world.

Indefinitely Banned

Southern Italy, Austria and Bavaria part of Ottoman Empire.

♔Goodguy1066♔'s Avatar Praeses

As of a week ago, the last free city in the known world has fallen under the Maratha Confederacy's rule. It was Moscow, by the way.
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

I also united Germany and formed an empire some 400 years before it actually did historically, that was one fun Europa Universalis game I had a while back.
    Last edited by Blaze86420; January 07, 2011 at 11:56 PM.

Archraze's Avatar Biarchus

Rtw
    The seleucids unite all greek states and mark the danube as their northen border. Parthia has been conqured. Ensuring Hellesnsitc domminion for centurires to come

Mtw
    The Romans have completely rushed the world andEurope and middle east are under complete control from Constantinople. Happy days

Etw
    Greece retakes constantinople and complete conquers the Ottomons restablsing the Roman Empire and conquering Persia and India like Alexander

Ntw
    Russia takes all over East europe and Balkns and greece etc.

Indefinitely Banned

I also united Germany and formed an empire some 400 years before it actually did historically, that was one fun Europa Universalis game I had a while back.
    Same, when I finished my Brandenburg->Prussia->German Empire campaign. I started new one.
    Was so fun with Brandenburg.

Quote Originally Posted by GSC View Post
    Same, when I finished my Brandenburg->Prussia->German Empire campaign. I started new one.
    Was so fun with Brandenburg.
    I went Teutonic, tried forming a union with Brandenburg but the bastards back stabbed me.

Lucius Verenus's Avatar Tiro

ETW: The Union Jack flows over the whole map
    ETW: AWI : USA rules over all America, GB and W Europe - including Italy

NTW: Whole map conquered with Napoleon - as GB only country left independent is Russia

Lucius

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

M2TW-KOJ rules the world
    ETW-Mughals rule the world

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

In my most recent Warpath campaign as the Pueblo, the Dutch took Mexico and Cuba and kept throwing Dutchmen to their deaths at Quivira and Texas, later seeing the errors of their ways and suing for peace. With that, the Pueblo successfully defended their homes.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I would be put against the wall and shot as the most incompetent general in history...I'd make Custer look like William the Conqueror. I lost as Great Britain. GREAT BRITAIN!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast