Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions: What you want to see in Victoria: Total War

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Default Suggestions: What you want to see in Victoria: Total War

What we're doing so far:

• Starts in 1865, the year Prussia started unifying Germany, America was rebuilding from their civil war, Canada gained autonomy, the Suez Canal opened, Mexico executed their emperor, Russia sold Alaska for 2.3 cents an acre, Spain... well, you get the idea.
    • Historically accurate government, territory, flags, and names of countries
    • New units!
    • Victorian Era style loading screens
    • Shiny (well, not really) new portraits
    • Completely renovated tech tree (you won't be researching the compass while blasting enemies with your ironclad destroyers)
    • Did I mention the metal ships?

Try to keep it within the limitations of ETW modding. We (as in everyone) can't redraw the campaign map (yet), script events like people dying or wars starting, or do anything to the diplomacy options.
    Last edited by Okmin; June 26, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Default Re: Suggestions: What you want to see in XIX

I hope these help
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'll be with France whether its monarchy or republic!

I'm very curious how Poland will be shown?
    1867, 3 years after the fall "January Uprising".

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Poland will be shown as an unplayable emergent faction, so it might appear halfway through a campaign, or maybe not at all, depending on circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by François Achille Bazaine View Post
    I hope these help

Thanks +rep
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Give Afghanistan control of Baluchistan and make them very strong a threat to British India and make it very hard to conquer that country, so there should be a challenge in the East.

Make Persia a protectrate of the Russian Empire so neighbouring countries would think before attacking Persia.

Give control of Egypt to Mamulukes and make them protectrate of the Ottoman Empire and i know this sounds little ahistorical, but it would make a challenge for the United Kingdom to conquer Egypt as they could end being at war with the ottomans too.

Since this isn't Napoleon Total War it would be hard to script the Russo-Turkish War of the late 19th century due liberations occuring and so on.

Events mentioned like the British Disaster at Isandlwana, French defeat in Mexico and so on.

Possibly script a revolt in the black hills region of america or make that area independent and hostile to the US so later it will be one of the main challenges of the United States, before the Spanish American War if that can be scripted in too.

Tripoli be a one of main regions to be captured by Italy and don't count on colonial wars and hmmm maybe Script Germany to have a region as a victory condition in North Africa, the carribbean or India to make the AI very interesting indeed.

Hopefully Internal revolts should occur more in conquered lands with more unrest.

Events such as this cannot be scripted.

Egypt is a protectorate of the Ottoman Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    Events such as this cannot be scripted.

Egypt is a protectorate of the Ottoman Empire.
    ok but a strong afghanistan and with them controlling Baluchistan would be very good too, as it would be very boring if your the UK and can just wipe them out very easy and not puting your British Indian Army to work. So having a strong afghanistan would be a good thing as that was prehaps the only major faction on campaign map in the east that the UK problems with historically post 1867.

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    ok but a strong afghanistan and with them controlling Baluchistan would be very good too, as it would be very boring if your the UK and can just wipe them out very easy and not puting your British Indian Army to work. So having a strong afghanistan would be a good thing as that was prehaps the only major faction on campaign map in the east that the UK problems with historically post 1867.

Hm... after all a good point.

Would be extremly boring if I play GB and complete India is mine and my troops there have NOTHING to do ... no enemies, just waiting for a ship that takes them to an other place.... borring

A strong Afghanistan could be a challenge, even if it's only for a few turns, until my troops crush them

Generally Afghanistan declares war to the British, though i don't know if they are strong enough to cause them some problems, I'll increase their profits to make them have enough money to buy a good army.
    Also i can assure you that the British Empire won't be so easy to play like that...

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

I would like to see a general improvement of the U.S. and a lot of attention given to it. I would also suggest you get in contact with Hinkel and ask if you can use his ACW U.S. soldiers. The U.S. used the uniforms from that time almost to the end of the the century.

There will be "general improvement" to all nations.

I'm not sure whether we yet have any kind of permission to use the ACW units, but we can ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortes View Post
    Generally Afghanistan declares war to the British, though i don't know if they are strong enough to cause them some problems, I'll increase their profits to make them have enough money to buy a good army.
    Also i can assure you that the British Empire won't be so easy to play like that...
    That will be great i think afghanistan with two regions would be good and maybe the upkeep of their units should be very cheap too so, they be capable of mustering a large army, the same should be done with Persia too i think so they can hold of the Russians and possibly the ottomans or even make them allies with afghanistan.

Tunisa and Morocco should probably have low upkeeps and be strong too who could prove a challenge to the French who are already in control of the Algiers if players decide to expand in North Africa that shouldn't be very easy.

Sioux nation in the black hills should be made very rich too and low upkeeps so they can build large armies to make it a challenge for players as the United States so they could suffer an almost custer disaster or worse.

Maybe all together a good idea i think with all those nations i've mentioned is to give them strong stats like the native american nations have in DMUC Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Sioux nation in the black hills should be made very rich too and low upkeeps so they can build large armies to make it a challenge for players as the United States so they could suffer an almost custer disaster or worse.

Maybe all together a good idea i think with all those nations i've mentioned is to give them strong stats like the native american nations have in DMUC Mod.
    You do realize that Custer had only 200 men in his command (all in all it wasn't as important as everybody thinks) and that the U.S. won lots more battles.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Maybe Qing dynasty and Japan for custom battles?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Maybe Qing dynasty and Japan for custom battles?
    Probably not, since we're focusing on the campaign. Once we get the campaign map expanded there will definitely be China though
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Sounds good. Good luck on the mod
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj.Gen. John E. Hawkins View Post
    You do realize that Custer had only 200 men in his command (all in all it wasn't as important as everybody thinks) and that the U.S. won lots more battles.
    True indeed, however it is a very famous disaster that shouldn't of happened. Anyway i think it would very good if the US had challenge to deal with in great plans, because since the rest of america wasn't introduced in the game i think the sioux tribe with small upkeep and large armies will make up for it. It would be boring as the US with nothing to do on your home continent except fight the British/Canadians and Mexicans.

So, high unrest in the west and maybe make the Sioux tribe. Great idea, would definitely make the American campaign more interesting

It actually sounds more like something to do when we can add more regions to the center of America, and scatter native controlled ones around and make them at war with the US.

Meanwhile it's looking like central Europe's gonna be the best to play in because of the German unification wars...
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast