Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roman offices for all Roman factions sub mod

Default Roman offices for all Roman factions sub mod

Thi is an easy submod:
    Every Roman faction can acess any Roman office. In vanilla IBFD 7.03 the Western Empire can't get offices like magister militum per orientem and the Eastern Empire couldn't get the offices like praefectus praetorio Italiae. That sucks, if you want to reunite the empire (as I do). So I changed that. But there still can be only one man holding an office, so if you, as the Western empire, conquer all European territories of the Eastern empire, but an Eastern Roman Character still holds the office of praefectus of Illyricum, you have to kill him in order to get access to it.
    Here is the office guide for Roman factions including my submod:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I Praefects:
    Italy: A general in Neapolis with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 2

Rome: A general in Rome with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Illyricum: A general in Thessalonika with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Oriens(Asia): A general in Antiochia with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Constantinople: A general in Constantinople with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Gaul: A general in Arelate with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

II Court offices
    Magister Memoriae: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 4

Magister Officiorum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 4 and the first level in the good administrator trait line

Magister Scrinii: A general in Salona (Western empire) or Antiochia (Eastern empire) with at least Management 1, Influence 2, Loyalty 4

Comes Rerum Privaturum: A general in Carthage (Western empire) or Alexandria (Eastern empire) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 4

Comes Dispositionem: A general in Rome (Wesern empiret) or Constantinople (Easern empiret) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 5

Patricius: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 2

III Military Commanders
    Magister Militum: A general in Ravenna (Western empire) or Thessalonica (Eastern empire) with at least Command 4, Influence 3, Loyalty 3

Magister Equitum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Command 3, Influence 2 and mustn't have traits like good infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister Peditum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Pergamon (Eastern empire) with at least Command 3, Influence 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or good cavalry commander

Comes domesticorum equitum: A general in Ravenna (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2 and at least the first level in the good cavalry commander line

Comes domesticorum peditum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2 and at least the first level in the good infantry commander line

Magister Militum per Illyricum: A general in Thessalonika with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister Militum per Thracias: A general in Constantinople with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister Militum per Orientem: A general in Constantinople with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister equitum per Gallias: A general in Avaricum with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Comes Africae: A general in Carthage with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Comes Hispaniarum: A general in Carthago Nova with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Comes Aegypti: A general in Alexandri with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Comes litoris saxonici per Britannium: A general in Londinium with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2

Dux Britannium: A general in Eburacum with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2

Dux limitis Mauretaniae Caesariensis: A general in Iol Caesarea with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Dux Raetiae: A general in Augusta Vindelicorum with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Valeriae ripencis: A general in Salona with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Pannoniae primae et Norici ripensis: A general in Salona with at least Command 3, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Palaestinae: A general in Jerusalem with at least Command 3, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Belgicae secundae: A general in Samarobriva with at least Command 3, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Attention: Most offices can't be acquired by the Emperor and his heir, and many offices exclude each other.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; January 08, 2011 at 12:49 PM.

Default Re: Roman offices for all Roman factions sub mod

Once again a very nice initiative!

I've added this to the Optional installations.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Once again a very nice initiative!

I've added this to the Optional installations.
    I uploaded a new version, including two titles I forgot (count of the Saxon shore and duke of Britain) aswell as Patriarchs, saints and relics for all Roman factions. Still, the patricius title is only available to the Western empire, just like in vanilla IBFD 7.03
    Now offices without triggers (like magister equitum per gallias) got one.
    I simply love the mod and the timeframe (actually, since I played the Attila campaign of Age of Empires II - the Conquerors), and I have enough modding skills to change it the way I want (but there isn't much to change). I am simply uploading my personal changes to the mod for those who are interested, but don't have the time/knowledge to do it theirselve.
    By the way: I like your upper sig picture. I hope you don't mind that I adapted it for my own sig.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; January 07, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    I am simply uploading my personal changes to the mod for those who are interested, but don't have the time/knowledge to do it theirselve.
    Yes, and it sure is a nice initiative! It is, of course, also a very logical change, to enable all the Roman factions for the offices.

I hope you don't mind that I adapted it for my own sig.
    No, not at all. Feel free to use it.

I think I will make an office guide for the Roman factions (where offices are given, and which conditions are to be met). I will post it as soon as it's finished.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

The Patricius title still can be only aquired by Western Romans, as this powerful position wasa phenomen of the Western half.
    [...]after his reentry into Constantinople, Emperor Zeno went on the offensive against "the Squinter" who was operating in Thrace. Sometime during the second half of 467, Zeno, following barbarian custom, adopted Theodoric son Thiudimir as his "son in arms"; he called him "friend", made him commander in chief of the East Roman troops, and bestowed on him the title of patricius.[...]
    The Roman Empire and its Germanic peoples /Wolfram page 200

[...]when the envoys - Anatolius, patricius, and at the time probably Mag.Mil. praes., and Nomus, patricius et ex magistro officiorum - arrived, Attila who had travelled to meet them in order to reduce their journy, at first behaved arrogantly[...]
    east roman foreign policy / Blockley page 66

Anatolius attested patricius of the east in 447.
    In 448 Nomus was raised to the rank of Patricus.

Aspar 470, patricius et princeps senatus
    ...and so on...

Until the 12th century the rank of Patrikios was a common title in the east - even if the awarding and usage of that term was more "inflationary".

I was also under the impression that the Patricius title was exclusively Western Roman. I stand corrected. Thank you, PM.

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    [...]after his reentry into Constantinople, Emperor Zeno went on the offensive against "the Squinter" who was operating in Thrace. Sometime during the second half of 467, Zeno, following barbarian custom, adopted Theodoric son Thiudimir as his "son in arms"; he called him "friend", made him commander in chief of the East Roman troops, and bestowed on him the title of patricius.[...]
    The Roman Empire and its Germanic peoples /Wolfram page 200

[...]when the envoys - Anatolius, patricius, and at the time probably Mag.Mil. praes., and Nomus, patricius et ex magistro officiorum - arrived, Attila who had travelled to meet them in order to reduce their journy, at first behaved arrogantly[...]
    east roman foreign policy / Blockley page 66

Anatolius attested patricius of the east in 447.
    In 448 Nomus was raised to the rank of Patricus.

Aspar 470, patricius et princeps senatus
    ...and so on...

Until the 12th century the rank of Patrikios was a common title in the east - even if the awarding and usage of that term was more "inflationary".
    I thought otherwise because
    a) the office description says otherwise
    b) in vanilla IBFD 7.03, the patricius title is exclusive to the west
    Anyway, I will change that. +rep for your impressive knowledge

Yes, that the title was used in the East as well is not in dispute - but did it really have the same connotation as it did in the West? Where it became synonymous with the de facto ruler? If I understand it correctly, it was, in the East, more of a honorary title that could be bestowed on anyone regardless of their actual political ( military ) influence, whereas it in the West it was bestowed on the military commander of highest rank?

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy
    I think I will make an office guide for the Roman factions (where offices are given, and which conditions are to be met). I will post it as soon as it's finished.
    I think that will be highly appreciated!

Here is the office guide for Roman factions including my submod:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I Praefects:
    Italy: A general in Neapolis with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 2

Rome: A general in Rome with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Illyricum: A general in Thessalonika with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Oriens(Asia): A general in Antiochia with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Constantinople: A general in Constantinople with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

Gaul: A general in Arelate with at least Management 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 1

II Court offices
    Magister Memoriae: A general in Neapolis (Western empire) or Athens (Eastern empire) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 4

Magister Officiorum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 4 and the first level in the good administrator trait line

Magister Scrinii: A general in Salona (Western empire) or Antiochia (Eastern empire) with at least Management 1, Influence 2, Loyalty 4

Comes Rerum Privaturum: A general in Carthage (Western empire) or Alexandria (Eastern empire) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 4

Comes Dispositionem: A general in Rome (Wesern empiret) or Constantinople (Easern empiret) with at least Management 2, Influence 3, Loyalty 5

Patricius: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Influence 2, Loyalty 3, Command 2

III Military Commanders
    Magister Militum: A general in Ravenna (Western empire) or Thessalonica (Eastern empire) with at least Command 4, Influence 3, Loyalty 3

Magister Equitum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Command 3, Influence 2 and mustn't have traits like good infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister Peditum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Pergamon (Eastern empire) with at least Command 3, Influence 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or good cavalry commander

Comes domesticorum equitum: A general in Ravenna (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2 and at least the first level in the good cavalry commander line

Comes domesticorum peditum: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire) with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2 and at least the first level in the good infantry commander line

Magister Militum per Illyricum: A general in Thessalonika with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister Militum per Thracias: A general in Constantinople with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister Militum per Orientem: A general in Constantinople with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Magister equitum per Gallias: A general in Avaricum with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2 and mustn't have traits like bad infantry commander or bad cavalry commander

Comes Africae: A general in Carthage with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Comes Hispaniarum: A general in Carthago Nova with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Comes Aegypti: A general in Alexandri with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Comes litoris saxonici per Britannium: A general in Londinium with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2

Dux Britannium: A general in Eburacum with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 2

Dux limitis Mauretaniae Caesariensis: A general in Iol Caesarea with at least Command 2, Influence 2, Loyalty 2

Dux Raetiae: A general in Augusta Vindelicorum with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Valeriae ripencis: A general in Salona with at least Command 2, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Pannoniae primae et Norici ripensis: A general in Salona with at least Command 3, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Palaestinae: A general in Jerusalem with at least Command 3, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Dux Belgicae secundae: A general in Samarobriva with at least Command 3, Influence 1, Loyalty 3

Attention: Most offices can't be acquired by the Emperor and his heir, and many offices exclude each other.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; January 08, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

Nice! I'd rep you if I could.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Patricius can be a title given to more than one person at a Time, eg. Aetius was Patricius, along with Avitus, the Prefect of Gaul and Future Emperor, and I think Petronius Maximus was too.
    Good job BTW.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; January 08, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militae Flavius Aetius View Post
    Patricius can be a title given to more than one person at a Time, eg. Aetius was Patricius, along with Avitus, the Prefect of Gaul and Future Emperor, and I think Petronius Maximus was too.
    Good job BTW.
    Changed the file accordingly, new version is uploaded. The first post is updated aswell, Joar. You should use it for the optional downloads thread.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; January 08, 2011 at 03:00 PM.

The first post is updated aswell, Joar. You should use it for the optional downloads thread.
    Done.

Awesome job fanboy

Great work, well done! So you just unzip it in the IBFD/RR directory? +rep.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Great work, well done! So you just unzip it in the IBFD/RR directory? +rep.
    No, into your Rome directory.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Nice work, I am impressed.

Signature made by Joar

Arddene's Avatar Foederatus

I highly appreciate the work that has been put in to this submod.

How can i make my best general ( aetius) a patricius? he have max num of stars in command

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast