Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rule Breaking (op abuse): Akar

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Rule Breaking (op abuse): Akar

Once again it seems Akar is breaking rules

Slight backstory before this i log in and see akar spawning alot of tnt so i tp to him to check what he is doing with it (as akar says himself ablout 5000 tnt). When i arrived akar set of the tnt and this crashed my client so i logged out and survived (somehow). When i logged back in two minutes late there was still tnt going off. I then went afk for a short while to read this forum and when i logged in i saw the 'you are dead screen' and the following.

As you can see akar tp's me to him, spawns a diamond sword and kills me with it, apparently because i needed permission to tp (as far as im concerned i had a fairly legitimate excuse as 500 or even 5000 tnt does present a very real danger (and did crash the server breifly when set off).

(note the blurred work is illegal on this site )

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Rule Breaking (op abuse): Akar

well you cant tp to your enemy,thats against the rules.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

LOL, thats kinda funny.
    lets wait and see what akar says

Artifex

Honesly

1: i thought the war was over
    2: i only really cared about checking what 500 tnt was being used for.

whats to wait?akar is free do what he wills on he's land with he's tnt,seeing him spawn things isnt a reason to tp to him if your at war.
    would you like me to tp to you everytime you spawn TNT?next thing you know checking why he spawned a flower might be a legit reason to use tp to your enemy.

Artifex

Its not a case of every time. This is a case of several hundred being spawned.

so?if i spawn several hundreds of flowers will you tp to me?

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

If you TP to him and he kills you, how is that OP abuse?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Artifex

Katsu the point was he tped me to him in order to kill me.

Whats the destrucive radius of a flower again.

Plug it into the following.

If likelelyhood => 100 then check

Likelyhood of me checking = ((no of items * destructive radius)/3)+ past history violations (x*2)

In this case 500*1.5/3 =250

+past violations = 256

In your case

700*0/3+0 = 0.

a person is allowed to spawn.your at war with said person.this means you cant tp to said person.if you do,he can kill you.tping you back to him so he can kill you after that is as much an abuse as tping to him in the 1st place.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    a person is allowed to spawn.your at war with said person.this means you cant tp to said person.if you do,he can kill you.tping you back to him so he can kill you after that is as much an abuse as tping to him in the 1st place.

We are at ceasefire actually...

not with akar,he is he's own faction,you should read the kingdoms thread more often.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

spawning 5000 TNT (or just 500) for fun is clearly alone an abuse of OP powers AND since it causes the server to crash, it is a voluntary break of the golden rule. The Tping is irrelevant at this point.
    Patronized by Hader.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Rules broken by Akar:

- Players may not teleport to an enemy, enemy territory or within sight of a battle. Teleportation may be used to assemble troops before an engagement, however.
    Akar teleported Josstwc to him, whereafter he killed him. A violation of this rule (since obviously, teleporting is an action, in this case, performed to get directly to josstwc).

- After a war declaration, a time period of 24 hours (one day) has to pass until hostilities may actually begin.
    Akar was part of Ishkaballaa'nar, which declared a peace treaty as complete prior to Akar declaring his independence from said kingdom. Akar then declared war...

Yesterday, 11:48 AM / Re: PVP RULES [READ THESE] & Kingdoms Thread #910

I leave Ishkaballanaa'r (Or w/e) and form the Reich of Krikkit. Also I declare war on the Dwarven commonwealth.
    ... meaning that, today, 24 hours later (11:48 AM), after the ceasefire had expired, Akar could attack Josst. Apparently, however, Josst claimed that the teleportation and attack took place between two and four hours before 12:17 PM, before the initial ceasefire had expired. All times are GMT -6.

However you look at this, #2 may invalidate offence #1 in which case Josst's own 'violation' can be disregarded (since they weren't technically enemies at the time of the attack). The spawning of 5,000 TNT can be called a violation of the Golden Rule (crashing the server), but this is more based on an actual interpretation of the rules rather than a clear case of what really is allowed and not allowed.
    Last edited by Aanker; January 06, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

there is no rule about how much you can spawn of said item,so its not rule breaking.
    aanker,joss also tp'd to akar.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    We are at ceasefire actually...
    No, akar is at war with you guys alone
    And di you tp to him or did he tp you to him.
    If you tped to him you broke rules and this is a no case

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Oh hang on, yeah I saw that wrong, you can't TP a guy to you and then kill him, what the hell. Akar is clearly in the wrong here and should be punished (yet again - it's almost as if he's asking for a ban).
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

there is no rule about how much you can spawn of said item,so its not rule breaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makrell
    No, akar is at war with you guys alone
    And di you tp to him or did he tp you to him.
    If you tped to him you broke rules and this is a no case
    Please take a look at rule violation #2.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Oh hang on, yeah I saw that wrong, you can't TP a guy to you and then kill him, what the hell. Akar is clearly in the wrong here and should be punished (yet again - it's almost as if he's asking for a ban).
    herpy derps. Joss tp'd without warning or telling akar he was going to, or asking. In fact I actually applaud akar for detonating the TNT. it was within his right.
    and, tbqh, it's joss's own fault :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doylεr View Post
    This.

herpy derps. Joss tp'd without warning or telling akar he was going to, or asking. In fact I actually applaud akar for detonating the TNT. it was within his right.
    and, tbqh, it's joss's own fault :/
    For the sake of providing you with key information, without cluttering up the thread, I will hereby hand you the following information within a spoiler:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rule Violation #2
    - After a war declaration, a time period of 24 hours (one day) has to pass until hostilities may actually begin.
    Akar was part of Ishkaballaa'nar, which declared a peace treaty as complete prior to Akar declaring his independence from said kingdom. Akar then declared war...

Yesterday, 11:48 AM / Re: PVP RULES [READ THESE] & Kingdoms Thread #910

I leave Ishkaballanaa'r (Or w/e) and form the Reich of Krikkit. Also I declare war on the Dwarven commonwealth.
    ... meaning that, today, 24 hours later (11:48 AM), after the ceasefire had expired, Akar could attack Josst. Apparently, however, Josst claimed that the teleportation and attack took place between two and four hours before 12:17 PM, before the initial ceasefire had expired. All times are GMT -6.

However you look at this, #2 may invalidate offence #1 in which case Josst's own 'violation' can be disregarded (since they weren't technically enemies at the time of the attack). The spawning of 5,000 TNT can be called a violation of the Golden Rule (crashing the server), but this is more based on an actual interpretation of the rules rather than a clear case of what really is allowed and not allowed.

PS. I would suggest moving this to a poll as soon as possible so as to avoid any meaningless discussion that will most likely only bring more anger and strain on the forum.
    Last edited by Aanker; January 06, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast