Thread: I'm a young and inexperianced writer is anyone else?

mithradetes's Avatar Miles

Default I'm a young and inexperianced writer is anyone else?

Ok I've been writing lots and lots short storys poems and i guess you would say "philosophies on life". Not sure im not very good. but all i have right now cause my word perfect is screwed up is this one i threw together the other day. I'll post more when i get my word perfect back.

This is dedicated to chelsey.

"Suicide Love Note"

I'm sorry I couldn't hold on, just a little longer, just to see your face one last time, yes it's me, the one you love. I promise you that I tried, and yet the pain consumed me from the inside and overtook every emotion within me. Don't wonder why I am gone now just rejoice that I don't scar this world anymore than I already have.

My life, was a waste. I wasted my hearts time, I wasted the worlds time, and worse of everything I wasted your time. I was never good enough for you, I could never please you. You said I could, yet truth be told I could accomplish nothing. Your soft spoken words could sooth the tension from my cold anxious heart. The sight of your face soothed every tense emotion within my body, but i knew that i was a burden to you. No matter how many times you told me i could never beleive you when you said I had a purpose in this dirt pieced atmosphere or when you told me you loved me. It couldn't be true cause I am worthless.

Even if there is a care in your body for me, do not worry, I left lovley. The stars guided my passage, as layed on the ground i dropped my every thought of the world and everything around me and finally truthfully enjoyed my existence. Confusion may be overtaking you as your reading this, but I loved you and if there is an afterlife, I still love you. I was never worth it. This is the only way it could solve my being. I have drank deeply and have truely contented myself for once, just for once I have made it possible a smile upon my cheek. I love you, maybe I will see you again some day.

-Jake Myracle
    "What the ? I told you to put him in guard and you do a forward roll? You can take that summersault and shove it up your ass!"
    -Renzo Gracie

Hub'ite's Avatar Primicerius

By any chance are you emo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hub'ite
    By any chance are you emo?
    ROFL, thank you.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

no i'm not
    "What the ? I told you to put him in guard and you do a forward roll? You can take that summersault and shove it up your ass!"
    -Renzo Gracie

What's 'emo'?
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

short for emotional...
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

Zacheria's Avatar Civis

emo...lol

Well...yes I am a young and inexperienced novice writer...but I always wrote...y'know stories. About people, and times. I didnt overly concern myself with sappy feelings and goth emo crap....not to say that you did, but thats just the style I'm sensing from you, which is fine everyone has their own writing style. I was always good at constructing characters and settings and trying to have some decent dialogue between very basic two dimensional characters. I didnt delve too deeply into individuals characters feelings and emotions and all that stuff...

edit-I personally am not interested by whiney, sappy, romantic stories about two lovers...its just not my thing, but theres an audience for that stuff out there, mostyl women but y'know, plenty of male writers make their money writing books for women.

well thanx for the comment, but most of the time i write a short story or just a short piece of material thats like a "philosophy" i guess you would say. But another thing i love to write about is one man on a feild of battle or just a man put in any situation where he has to come face to face with his own mortality or deal with it. something for some reason i have always been interested, like this short piece right here is like nothing i normally write. i wish i could get my word perfect back so i could open up my other stories and post them
    -Renzo Gracie

It's not nice to rag on someone who is trying to express himself through writing. What kind of a forum of the arts is this if you can just ridicule someone for their style of writing?

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

I do write sometimes, but not sappy stuff. Sometimes random moronic stuff (one story is about a crackhead comissioned by Satan to defeat the evil autocrats in Heaven who are trying to conquer the world; another is about a war between the Raelians and Apes that results in the apes trying to garner an alliance from earth resulting in top Hollywood action stars to go and fight the Raelians; another is about these two stoners trying to thwart the Pope's evil plan to conquer the world...) and other times I do write political (I wrote a libertarian piece after reading 1984), etc.

I am writing for a living for the past 18 years. My main occupation is journalism, but I am getting into more "literature" fields lately. Of course I've been writing all my life stuff like poems, short stories and the likes and I've even published two short stories in a motley collection of Greek sci-fi shorties.

I am trying to finish my first real book, but I have precious little time to devote to it (and the fact that I am a computer game addict does not help either... nor does the fact that my spouse doesn't like when I don't pay any attention to her).

Winner of the - once upon a time - least popular TWC
    TOPIC award

Υπό την αιγίδα του Tacticalwithdrawal
    under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal

Naughty bros: Red Baron and Polemides