Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [DISCUSSION] New Map and Other Things

Stuntdawg5's Avatar Ordinarius

Default [DISCUSSION] New Map and Other Things

Okay, before you all turn around and walk out of this thread after seeing the "New Map" idea, take a listen. I haven't been completely honest when talking about my computer lately. The size of the map, as well as the large amount of new blocks (and buildings) being brought into the server are beginning to take a toll on my computer (Not to mention the larger population of people that are now entering the server). To the point that I can barely do anything on my computer without it freezing constantly.

Now, after a long discussion with around 10 people on the server, we have come to the conclusion that a new map wouldn't be such a bad idea. Everyone wants a fun and actually difficult PvP/Kingdom server, correct? Well as I have stated before, the only way this will be accomplished is by an almost complete removal of spawning.

Joss and I have been looking into mods, and we have found several that will allow us to block spawning, but continue to have TP'ing. I haven't really cared all that much what you guys have done on the server or off of it. But since I first offered to use my server, I had hoped that we could eventually have a realistic Minecraft game going (No spawning, actually having to work), instead of an overglorified Creative version of it on our server. It is extremely boring.

To sum it all up in one paragraph. A bunch of us want a new map, we want to actually have a fun PvP (Where collecting resources, controlling territory, and having large Kingdoms actually mean something), we also have a mod that could still keep TP'ing in the server, we also have several plug-ins (Austin has recommended a Runecraft plug-in that would allow for us to build a teleporter on the spawn, so /home would once again work), as well as several other useful economy plug-ins.

Think about it. Discuss it. I think at this point, we might have to start thinking a new map. And personally, I would like to see a no-spawning map.

P.S. This new idea would also help my computer by eliminating useless buildings that people build. Far fewer buildings would be built if we had to collect the resources, plus with no spawning, thousands less would be spawned by people every day, lightening the load on the server.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: [DISCUSSION] New Map and Other Things

As already stated i am very much in support of a new server and hmod (i will lose as much as the rest of you remember).

Let me see if i can tempt too.

-Now at current kingdoms and all and combat is totaly valueless

http://iconomy.nexua.org/

Now imagine that, paying for resources, real incentives to fight wars and steal etc. A working economy within minecraft, the server could support it easily and it would be awesome.

-Now for those who dislike war we could have this

http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=2849

Opt out pvt system.

http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=34

Define non pvp areas

http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=3716

Bit of a laff

http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=24
    Anti greif systems

http://wiki.nexua.org/Plugin:iChat
    Nicks with kingdom infront anyone?

One thing to note is that i have not listed plugins (eg teleport gates) which devalue other things in such case minetracks and other transportation systems as well as loss.

Other things using this we could create a pvp group and a non pvp group the later of which could spawn basic resources.

Hope things like this win y'all over!
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; January 05, 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

I give approval I would suggest the iconomy mod but I just had a thought that it might be more interesting if we created our own monitary system using gold and iron (and or maybe obsidian).

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Hypothetically lets say this goes through, isn't it but a matter of time before the map grows to such a scale your PC gets ed again?

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

I like this idea as well, for the reasons stated above, and if we start it off as a kingodom/pvp server, everyone will build away from each other, meaning no more border disputes. Additionaly, it would mean that allies can build near each other (like for example, gondor and the dwarves in the current server built very far away from each other, probably about a 20 min walk.)

Though if we do start a new server, I want to TNT my halls and fortresses.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    Hypothetically lets say this goes through, isn't it but a matter of time before the map grows to such a scale your PC gets ed again?
    Will be harder to grow without spawning. it will mean less useless buildings, and pretty much less buildings overall
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Over a much longer period of time. It will take much more and this new server map generation is much more stable than our original servers.

I support it. I also promise to not walk off forever in one direction.

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
    Will be harder to grow without spawning. it will mean less useless buildings, and pretty much less buildings overall
    and there would be no hour and a half walk's worth of blocks that were created, and never used for long.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

- People may even recycle non used buildings.
    - No more TNT antics.
    - It will removal all of the permanent loading errors (holes) in the ground, and cliffs.
    - Normal binomials around the 'new' city.
    - Enthusiastic constructions will have far greater meaning and importance (then constructions we have now that are built 'over night').
    - Weapons, Tools, resources will have proper value in the game.
    Last edited by IZob; January 05, 2011 at 08:14 PM.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

I don't see this getting a majority, I understand this is much better from a PvP standpoint but alot of players still don't PvP and enjoy just building stuff.

I support it tbh, it also gives a more even footing to the newer people on the server as well as maybe spacing everyone out a bit better, as someone pointed out earlier during the initial discussion stunt its very cramped.

Plus no spawning would remove TNT and its seemingly most common use for griefing people.

Also im speaking for a builder standpoint here, I don't get involved in PvP.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I don't see this getting a majority, I understand this is much better from a PvP standpoint but alot of players still don't PvP and enjoy just building stuff.
    There is single player which is perfect for people who wish to only build.

And you see that as fair? People who have been on the server from day one get told told "to off and play by yourself" because some people wish to play PvP? I find that a rather shite attitude to be perfectly honest.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Totally support this

Vicarius

I would not object to it, though would it be possible for us to spawn impossible/basically impossible things to get without mobs? Like leaves, string, possibly gunpowder

And you see that as fair? People who have been on the server from day one get told told "to off and play by yourself" because some people wish to play PvP? I find that a rather shite attitude to be perfectly honest.
    I think this is far less to do with PvP tbh, its hardly fair on stunt for one if he can't even use his own damn computer because of the MC server. And no one is stopping you from building whatever you want, some people now choose not to spawn and they do just fine.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

To all who posted check my list of suggested plugins in the second post.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I'm just saying. The server wasn't just made for builders.

Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbrewster View Post
    I think this is far less to do with PvP tbh, its hardly fair on stunt for one if he can't even use his own damn computer because of the MC server. And no one is stopping you from building whatever you want, some people now choose not to spawn and they do just fine.
    I agree with this

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Without spawning wars would aucually be costly, and raids will aucually effect kingdoms. no more" its doesn't matter ill just spawn all this stuff back!" now you have to wokr to get what you want. Want diamond armor? got to dig for it.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast