Thread: [SOLVED] CTD on intro ( again^^)

Default [SOLVED] CTD on intro ( again^^)

hey guys,

was reading through many threads here that had the same headline like my problem . BUT i havent found anythign that could solve it yet.

first of all i reinstalled empire 3 days ago after it had been hidden somewhere for more than a year.-D since i was on kingdoms mods and roma surrectum lately :-P Nevermind;

i succesfully downloaded DMUC 6.2 ( which is a stand-alone version?^^) + the 6.7 patch. installed it ( after i played my very old sweden vanilla game for a bit) and when i was at my first start , the game suddenly gave me a ctd between the sega logo and the ( what was supposed to be) intro movie. i thought of the "normal" ctds i always have while pressing the windows key + tab while playing blackops, and that its just a bit laggy to come back ingame. AND for some reason, i could see the main menu bars of DMUC, but just for 1 second or something, just went crashign to desktop all the time, but the game was still open.

i read through the forum afterwards and tried out everything: verifiying the game, un- reinstalling DMUC, clearing the script and all of those. i even downloaded it twice! which took me like 8 hours :-P

i dont have any idea on where my ctd comes from. should i delete the old cache of ETW? coz i had a previous version of DM running there like a year ago.

anyways, thanks for the following suggestions and thanks for your help

regards, alex

EDIT: my system should work fine:

Radeon 5850HD graphic card
    12 GB ddr3 Ram via intel triple-channel technologie
    2,7 quad-core processor on a i920
    64-bit vista ultimate
    Last edited by pilleman182; January 05, 2011 at 07:46 AM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: CTD on intro ( again^^)

Did you reset the user scripts?
    ("clearing the scripts" is a bit abiguous)

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] CTD on intro ( again^^)

HAHA problem solved! dunno what was wrong since i have done everythign as its said in the installation thread for 3 times already, but the 4th time it worked fine=) anyways, thanks for your help! guess i was just too fast making the installation so that i might did a mistake " verifying the game--> 6.2 ( correct folder ) --> 6.7 etc etc

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] CTD on intro ( again^^)

Right

Solved and locked.