Thread: XAI Integration Questions for Developers

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

Icon14 XAI Integration Questions for Developers

Hi xeryx!
    I downloaded, and use your campaign mod - descr_campaign_ai_db.xml, descr_campaign_db.xml and descr_diplomacy.xml files.
    I have a strange problem (or bug). I'm not scripter, and you help me?

So, AI not recruit more priest when game start.
    In start all factios have only 1 priest. When I'm playing 20,40,100 turns, and cardinal dying, AI still not recruiting new priests! AI do not replace bishop or cardinals.
    I think it's descr_campaign_db.xml or descr_campaign_ai_db.xml , but, I don't know which line must edit.

When I replace descr_campaign_ai_db.xml and descr_campaign_db.xml from vanilla, AI factions buy few priests. But no-catholic faction(muslim, orthodox) do it often other catholics countries. But file from vanila is OK.

I would to AI will recruit more priests.
    Where I can change this problem? Which line do it?

Oh, and I thanks you for campaign AI intelligence - it's great!
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; December 26, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: XAI 4.0 released!

you are correct in the file (descr_campaign_db.xml) , now be aware this is a common problem with the game core, and it should have helped having this line, that we did adopt during the KGCM conversion

- <!-- PRIEST CONTROLLER
    -->
    <priest_religion_min float="0.55" />
    - <!-- if religion < religion_min then region needs a priest
    -->
    <priest_religion_max float="0.95" />
    - <!-- if religion >= religion_max then a priest can be taken from this region for other missions
    -->
    <priest_heresey_min float="0.40" />
    - <!-- if heresey >= heresey_min then region needs a priest
    -->
    <priest_heresey_max float="0.60" />
    - <!-- if heresey >= heresey_max then region needs a priest with highest priority
    -->
    <priest_religion_export float="0.50" />
    - <!-- if my religion in foreign region < religion_export then then we will export our religion in this region
    -->
    <priest_max_prod_turns float="5.0" />

Now we did NOT modify Dave's numbers, but from our testing it seemed to me they worked. These lines were added to help promote mins and max's and keep them being made. I would highly recommend that you make sure your cache is clear.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Hi xeryx!

WE have one trouble with XBAI

AI didnt use rams they just stand in start position...

towers and ladders work fine

can you help us?

type tortoise ram orks
    dictionary tortoise_ram_orks
    category siege
    class light
    voice_type light
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Goblin, 100, 1, 1
    engine tortoise_ram
    attributes sea_faring, can_withdraw, artillery, free_upkeep_unit, no_custom
    move_speed_mod 1.2
    formation 1.1, 1.1, 2.5, 2.5, 10, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 3, 1, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, slashing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 1, 2, leather
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 0, 1, -2, -1
    stat_mental 6, low, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 18
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 2000, 400, 100, 300, 2000, 2, 500
    armour_ug_levels 0
    armour_ug_models Goblin
    ownership turks, moors

with our old AI (dont sure what it was) they work fine
    Last edited by Werebear; January 03, 2011 at 05:56 AM.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Ram unit, huh ... now that's interesting, especially given that it worked flawless with 3.2F, which I'd say is still an experimental unit type rather than a norm. From my experience unit would clog up and refuse to properly use the ram with 'horde' formation, but since it's in square I've personally no idea just by looking at EDU.

Not sure if Xeryx will help you right away either, that is probably not something we have an easy answer for. Good news, though, is that once we start working on next iteration, we'll look closely at 3.2F and see what's malfunctioning exactly 4.x exactly, so it may be we'll find the problem by trial and error.

I understand it's infinitely frustrating given that new version of CoW is released and there doesn't seem to be an easy fix for that.
    Last edited by Achilla; January 03, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

@isilendil:
    That is a very peculiar behavior. However, sometimes the AI soldiers will act like electrons, taking the path of least resistance.

Is there artillery being used? Is the Ai advancing other units? and Siege units? If all other units are working, then I would GUESS there is something typographical, in a file.

As Achilla pointed out, we did not have issues with the rams, or towers. The AI used them, and even with multiple armies. Now, here maybe the difference..when the battle is picked..the AI needs to be under assisted human control!! to tell the AI to defend attack or use missiles. This is VERY important. as if it is not picked, the game AI is broken at that point and does not uses the BAI properly in sieges.
    Last edited by xeryx; January 03, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

AI used our ladders and towers units but ram just stand on start position

another bug - i lay siege, enemy try to attack me from the city but they just left city alone and walk around city (((
    Last edited by Werebear; January 04, 2011 at 08:10 AM.

well i should say that XBAI totally not worked(worse then vanilla AI) in our new version , and we don't know why ((

AI in sieges and field behaves very strangely and almost never attack ((( we don't know what to do

very sad
    Last edited by Werebear; January 04, 2011 at 08:52 AM.

Sad news, hopefully you can find out why this is so in time. It's always frustrating when something you've done breaks functionality elsewhere....

Definitely an issue then. I will have to download the mod this weekend and look at things. Have you followed the cache clearing HERE. I have had many times when working on the XBAI, that if I did not clear the cache, the changes I did, did not work.

XBAI will work, because it works in other mods. We will have to see. Just have patience, I am working on another project as well. I have some time for modding but still have other things to get done.

What I would like you to do, is have more than one person try it, and see if you get identical results. I need to verify if the results you see, are not isolated to your install.

I do not have fast internet connection right now, so downloading a new mod will take a day probably.

Have you ran your error log? and what did they have to say?

Also we have made some references to separation of units, like light infantry, light cavalry.
    I am moving these posts to the questions thread.
    Last edited by xeryx; January 04, 2011 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Definitely an issue then. I will have to download the mod this weekend and look at things. Have you followed the cache clearing HERE. I have had many times when working on the XBAI, that if I did not clear the cache, the changes I did, did not work.
    yes

Have you ran your error log? and what did they have to say?
    nothing special

Default Re: XAI Integration Questions for Developers

We will take note of the issues. If you have to go back to vanillla for now, feel free.

We will take note of the issues. If you have to go back to vanillla for now, feel free.
    we sure dont wanna go to vanilla

end we really need your help.... Ai just stop using rams (as unit and as equipment)
    Last edited by Werebear; January 10, 2011 at 05:17 AM.

You can count on me helping, it is a matter of when I can. Now, if the BAI crashes, that means there is a problem with your code (CTD). XBAI has only crashed 1x that was our coding fault. It has crashed when there were errors with units on the battlefield. There are many reports of CTD's in your forum, and that is what concerns me. I cannot reliably help until your platform is stable.

No BAI not crash, just RAMS didn worked...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417289
    Last edited by Werebear; January 10, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

Hi again Xeryx.
    I have a problem with your campaign AI files. All is ok, AI start thinking ;D
    but.... (i use only descr_campaign_ai_db.xml) all time, I lose a faction standing points with other neutral, factions! Relations go down to the very poor. It's borning, because I do not want pay them a cash in order to improve relations. With Papal States too..... (play vh/vh)
    Say me, what I must doing? Or do I have to download any file?

Quote Originally Posted by StaefanBatory View Post
    Hi again Xeryx.
    I have a problem with your campaign AI files. All is ok, AI start thinking ;D
    but.... (i use only descr_campaign_ai_db.xml) all time, I lose a faction standing points with other neutral, factions! Relations go down to the very poor. It's borning, because I do not want pay them a cash in order to improve relations. With Papal States too..... (play vh/vh)
    Say me, what I must doing? Or do I have to download any file?
    Well, what I would do is try a lower difficulty level. because VH is designed to be that tough.

@ Isilendil,
    I will have to download your mod, this weekend.

Hi friend

Did you get it?

Sorry friend, I had important home work and family time to enjoy.

Sorry friend, I had important home work and family time to enjoy.
    np

just pm me plz when you get it

we all hope you