Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Released)Kingdoms and Fiefs (Build 10468)

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Default (Released)Kingdoms and Fiefs (Build 10468)

Future of this mod:

I would like to start by saying that this mod is not dead. It is more or less in a state of limbo while I wait for DHRR v0.9 to release. Depending on how much time and motivation I have I might keep working on it for 0.7 to keep adding provinces and making the map look nicer, but I dont want to start making tons of new units for it, because when 0.9 releases I will have tons of extra time that will be consumed just to port all the content over. As always some feedback is appreciated because without it I have no idea what needs to be improved. Enjoy.

Build 10468 Changelog
    Added
    -Some coastal cities now have a port
    -Province of Andernach for L. Lorraine
    -Castle of Leitmeritz for Bohemia
    -Province of Posen for Poland
    -Limited functionality script to help factions stay alive
    -Provinces of Salzburg, Wittelsbach, and Partenkirchen for Bavaria
    -Province of Basel for Swabia
    -Provinces of Lausanne and Besancan for Burgundy
    -Certain provinces now have mercenary recruitment
    -Provinces of Melk and Gratz for Austria
    -Castle of Luxemburg for U. Lorraine
    -Provinces of Metz and Hausbergen for U. Lorraine
    -All U. Lorraine and L. Lorraine provinces have Lorraine mercenary recuitment
    -New battle animations from SSTC(Thanks to Chimaeria)

Fixed
    -Polish regions will now spawn Polish rebels
    -Bohemian regions will now spawn Bohemian rebels
    -Rebels must hold at least 40 regions to win
    -Bavarian regions now spawn German rebels
    -UI card and info card have been added for the Keep
    -Upper Lorraine will now no longer win immediately when starting a campaign
    -Austrian generals have been moved to their proper starting positions

Changed
    -All factions must now have at least 25 regions to win
    -Some characters have been moved to their appropriate locations
    -All German factions are now neutral or allied to one another
    -Poland, Hungary, and Bohemia are now allied
    -All starting diplomats have been removed due to constant annoying
    -All starting spies have been removed
    -Changed some mountains and rivers in various regions
    -L. Lorraine and Burgundy are now allied
    -Saxony and Bohemia are now allied
    -Burgundy and Swabia are now allied
    -Bavaria and Swabia are now allied
    -Franconia and Austria are now allied
    -U. Lorraine is now allied with Bohemia and Hungary
    -Recruiting pool times for the Keep have been increased to prevent a flood of heavy infantry
    -Mounted Bailiffs have a slightly stronger charge and attack

Download and Install Instructions
    Files were reuploaded to gamefront. They should now download properly.

Download link is here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22728..._Installer_exe
    Download link for update is here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22728163/K_F10468_exe

Download link for DHRR v0.7 is here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21125..._0_7_setup_exe

This mod is currently only compatible with v0.7. Obviously v1.5 of Kingdoms is required for it to run. I just recently bought M2TW on Steam, but have not yet installed it, so I have no idea if this mod will work without some tweaking with the Steam version. I will not be making this mod compatible with v0.8 and will wait for v0.9 to release before making any huge changes to it.

New Upcoming Features
    All upcoming features listed here are a possibility and not guarenteed. It will depend on how much free time I have to add all this sheet.

Very likely upcoming additions:

Two new standard infantry units for France, German factions, Poland, and Hungary:
    Men-at-arms. Medium sized professional units equipped with swords and heavy chainmail and a kite shield.
    Heavy Armoured Sergeants. Medium sized professional units equipped with spears and heavy chainmail and a kite shield. These units will be similar to the German spearmen.

Teutons. Will likely be added through use of an event in which they will "unhistorically" emerge and try to take a slice of the HRE for themselves.
    New UI, building, and unit info cards.
    Add captains for the more commonly used units.
    Add a constable unit or overhaul the Bailiffs.
    Add several new buildings(Mums on what they will be).

Not so likely additions:

Two-handed German Axe Infantry. These units would small in size, similar to Bailiffs, and be armed with huge axes similar to the Crusader units from the Kingdoms expansion. Armoured with heavy chainmail, they would be able to shred through any infantry unit.
    New unit roster for France, Poland, Hungary, and a lot of new units for Germany. They would likely be borrowed from other mods.
    New strat map UI.
    New soundtrack.
    New animations.
    Unique and individually modeled AOR castles throughout Germany.
    New custom battle maps.
    New captain and general strat map models for Poland, Hungary, and France.
    A complete 199 province detailed map.
    Overhaul on combat stats for units.
    Standard bearers.

Overview
    Kingdoms and Fiefs is a large submod made for Das Heilige Römische Reich. It features an all new map which focuses on the German Kingdoms and Duchies and their surrounding neighbors. The gameplay system of the mod has changed as a result. You will now need to make close allies to survive long enough to rise up and crush the competition.

The mod implements many new features not found in DHRR, some of which are listed below:

New city and castle strat models
    New general and captain strat models
    New strat map textures
    New battlefield vegetation and water
    New battlefield skies
    New battlefield animations
    New units, including Officer and Standard Bearers
    New battlefield blood
    Custom battles
    and much, much more!

A few things to keep in mind with the beta. I am still green when it comes to making maps, so this map is not very high quality right now. It has about 50 provinces so you will have to move your troops large distances to engage the AI, but this will be fixed in future versions with more provinces. Another annoying bug is that it takes about two minutes for the campaign to load, but it is compensated by having two second turns. I am trying to figure out what is causing this. You will probably run into a few other oddities with the map like characters not able to be moved . I am sure you also will run into an assortment of other issues but as I said, it is a beta version.

A word of thanks to the producers of GeoMod. Without it, this mod would not have been possible!

Note: Kingdoms 1.5 is required for this mod to work.

New Units
    New Unit Preview: Mounted & Dismounted Bailiffs
    This is a conceptual unit and is bound to change drastically, including the name.

A medieval bailiff was the peasants representative to the lord, and was a free man. He helped oversee the peasents work, managed the day-to-day profits and expenses of the manor & farm, and reported on the lord other servants. The bailiff was usually a sheriff, and many towns often had more than one. Bailiffs are very good infantry capable of holding their own but they are garrison units intented to preserve law and order, and should not be used as front line infantry.

Right now, I am working on expanding the German unit roster, and learning how to model with Milkshape. I will give you a peek at two of the "new" units for K&F. These were existing models.

New Castle System
    New Building Preview: Keep

Here is a new building that will be in the first beta release. It is not anywhere near complete and will probably have an expanded unit recruitment roster. The current castles and castle system will be phased out though the new build releases. I will be keeping an eye on v0.9 before I completely redo the system, but I will continue working on the basics of my new castle system.

A keep is a strong central tower which is used as a dungeon or a fortress. Often, the keep is the most defended area of a castle, and as such may form the main habitation area, or contain important stores such as the armoury, food, and the main water well, which would ensure survival during a siege. The Normans were among the first of any feudal kingdom to use the keep, and they were reknowned for the many keeps that they built during the Norman Conquest.

Credits

DHHR Team
    Octavius
    Sinople
    Gigantus
    Stainless Steel Team
    Chimaeria
    Davide.cool
    Swagger
    Agart
    Burrek
    Last edited by S.P.Q.R. Praetorian; December 09, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Kingdoms and Fiefs Beta

cool - this sounds very promising!

The mod is nearing completion. I just need to polish the script and get the files ready to pack.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Sounds really cool, cant wait to give it a try.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

I am going to delay it a little longer. I want to add a building and finish my Bailiff(Sheriff) unit. Making coat-of-arms is a lot more difficult than it looks. Lots of detailed work.

Updated first post with bailiff unit.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Excellent work SPQR. Can't wait to see the finished project my friend.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Thanks for the kind comments. The beta is getting very close to release. I am going to completely redesign the castle system, and have already begun work. It is well under way, but I will release a simplified version of it in the beta for testing. I am going to try to make AOR castles if I can get them to work without crashing. Each one will have unique recruitment and building options. Everything else has pretty much been finished for the moment.

Updated first post with some new content.

Nice, I like your ideas for the use of castles.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

very good update. i´m interested to see the new roster - probably in the next update. keep it roll´n

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Interesting stuff.... So... What will the factions in this sub-mod be? Just the German electors or will it extend into Italy etc. too. By which I mean not just Lombardy but also Tuscany and Rome / Venice etc.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    Nice, I like your ideas for the use of castles.
    Thanks. I hope to roll out a preview of how the new castle system will work within a week or two. I am still trying to work some kinks out at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    very good update. i´m interested to see the new roster - probably in the next update. keep it roll´n
    I would like to have quite an extensive addon to the German forces but I am trying to think of unit concepts. I will definitely have mounted bailiffs though. I have been using the dismounted bailiffs in game, and they are working out suprisingly well for being a spur of the moment unit. I think they will be a new favorite along with the new heavy armoured sergeants.

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    Interesting stuff.... So... What will the factions in this sub-mod be? Just the German electors or will it extend into Italy etc. too. By which I mean not just Lombardy but also Tuscany and Rome / Venice etc.
    I am not quite sure what I am going to do with Italy right now. The map currently has only the northern part of it. I am thinking of expanding the map eastward so I can include the Teutons, which by the way, will be included in this mod at some point, whether I expand the map or not. It just won't be a historically accurate map. A couple other factions I have been considering are the Hesse and Thuringians. I have been researching the HRE, and these factions fit pretty well with the timeline of this mod.

The problem with all the content I want to place is that it won't really work with DHRR as a sub-mod. I will at some point have to either break this mod off and make it stand-alone, which probably wouldn't happen, as I doubt the team would appreciate it, or it will break vanilla DHRR, which will have some hassles to install. Right now, it just depends on how much time I can spend working on it.

Updated first post. Reorganized it and added mounted bailiffs.

Okay, everything is ready for a beta release. I will just need a couple of days to gather the files, pack them, and upload them. I got to turn 50 on my campaign as Bohemia when things started heating up. Bavaria will be a big nuisance for anyone that plays as Bohemia.

Great, will be waiting for it then.

???

Civis

looks good!!!

Civis

any news on this 1 yet?

I like the idea of the submod, though a "baillif" unit is irrelevant, as these guys weren't more than 5 or 6 for a province like the French Royal Desmene.
    They were great officers, their servants(sergeants/servientes) were both professional warriors, "Village cocks", cadets from low nobility.
    The image of a whole unit of heavy warriors wearring all the healme is wrong, medieval illuminations show often both knights and sergeants fighting together.

Same in Italia(where were made the healmes), the servientes didn't have healmes, and many knights wore also the chapel, with the hooded mail.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Villani's chronicle

No offence, just I wanted helped you Praetorian, and good luck for the next.

+rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast