View Poll Results: What should the punishment be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • No punishment

0 0%
  • Two week de-op

0 0%
  • Two week ban

2 100.00%
  • Permaban

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: Another Griefer...

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Default Another Griefer...

Boys, it would appear we have yet more griefing in our midst: Sometime between last night at around 7:30 PM EST (the last time I was on yesterday) and 1:30 PM EST (when I signed in again today) the main fortress of Gondor and some of the surrounding area was griefed. Attached are some screenshots and brief summaries of each image. As for the poll, please vote on what the offender's punishment should be. Anybody who has any knowledge of who may have done this, I urge you to come forward.

Image 1: As you can see, a massive section of the castle wall has been destroyed, allowing water from the nearby ocean to flow in and flood a portion of the central courtyard.

Image 2: Another wall broken open and a hole filled with water. In the background you can see The Great Tower (for lack of a better term), which used to have a platform on it for archers to fire from. This platform is, obviously, no more.

Image 3: Water from one of the holes flowed into our tunnel system, destroying the railway to the city. Somebody has also covered up some of the tracks with dirt.

Image 4: This one may be a bit harder to see but, if you look carefully enough, some of the tracks have either been removed or buried. Either way, they're gone and covered by the flowing water.

Image 5: This bridge used to stretch across the waterway, but, clearly, has been demolished either by TNT or by hand.

Image 6: A bit hard to see in the dark, but a massive hole has been blown into the side of The Great Tower. You can't quite see it over the rim of the crater, but it extends even deeper into the ground.

Note: There is evidence of more griefing done in the area, however they have not yet been confirmed as griefing or Doyler working on some other project (he does that quite a bit ). I will post the images as soon as the other members of Gondor have signed in and presented their opinion.
    Last edited by Dan the Man; January 04, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Default Re: Another Griefer...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    Image 5: This bridge used to stretch across the waterway, but, clearly, has been demolished either by TNT or by hand.

Image 6: A bit hard to see in the dark, but a massive hole has been blown into the side of The Great Tower. You can't quite see it over the rim of the crater, but it extends even deeper into the ground.
    I was in the vicinity not a few hours ago, this whole area is ruined.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

if it wasn't for the last one which is an obvious TNT blast, i would have said those where random chunk/block failure, it happened in the first servers from time to time.

So its some one who knew about those errors and who tried to recreate them, but ran out of time before he could camouflage the last griefing.
    Patronized by Hader.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

The cuts are amazing clean and it would have to have been done by hand. I was on at that time and I moved all around your lands and no one was there. I went to Antioch, Edessa, and the region of Gondor. I saw no one else.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Yeah, I was thinking chunk error too 'til I saw the last one.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

This is - either for the better or the worse of the server - is not a case of griefing. The massive escapes of land that have been ruined are chunk errors: the game misreads or corrupts a chunk, e.g. a volume of terrain, and replaces it with new, randomly generated ground. It happened to the Dwarven Empire-Commonwealth, it now seems to have struck Gondor. I advise everyone on the server to make significant investigations in their territories to make sure that it isn't too widespread.

Thread closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

People need to be a lot less thread happy than is currently the case.