Thread: I need to say this...

Default I need to say this...

After tring a few mod, RTR, BE, etc... i can say that personally, SPQR is the most beatifull of all. I have to admit, it`s not my type of mod, LT already noticed this, i love huge battles, but i felt this was the only thing i did, battle after battle, and after a while it lost the enjoyment of big battles.. since all of them were huge.

I like to have some huge battles ones in a while, since i enjoy them most... is like eating everyday chocolate, after a while you get used to it, and stop being that good.

Anyways, just want to say that this SPQR is the most beatifull, graphics speaking, skins speaing... and perfomance speaking, yeah i don`t know why (maybe lt could help me here) but for some reason with SPQR mod i was able to fight battles of 4500 soldiers, while on vanilla i can`t fight more than 2500 without getting lag.

I wanted to vent it... great mod LT !!

It is indeed a great mod.
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

I too looked for ways to make the game run faster for SPQR mod. Its even better in 6.0. Thanks for the complimant.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

ENSAIS's Avatar Decanus

Hi LT et. al,
    I've been lurking for months now without the need to say anything...

actually I moved and for 3 months *could* not "play computer" (per my wife....), so I just vicariously watched EB and SPQR development...

I just wanted to say that after playing SPQR 5.0 (I had last played 4.0...missed 4.3 etc) that I am very greatful for your hard work. THe units are beautiful, and the battles DO seem bigger and smoother.

Changes I had doubted way back in 4.0 like no diplomats are fun... less worry about my cities being bribed.. more war less crap like selling maps etc.

Thanks a bunch. You've added years to the enjoyment I have from RTW, and for that my wife hates you, but I thank you ( jk)

ENSAIS

Wait till you play 6.0 its a whole new experience! New phase will be another mod, maybe the republic maybe a BI mod down the road. I plan to take a break after this mod is done and enjoy a campaign finally. and talk about our campaigns here on the forums etc.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Livelee's Avatar Laetus

Im a new member after so many months of just reading your posts. I would just like to say that SPQR 5.0 is quality and im loving every minute playing it!!!

Cheers LT (raises glass)
    We'll get the beer safe, then we'll outflank em!!! - Billy Bright

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

ya i have to agree, i played all major mods and i played and enjoyed all of them for a long time but finally i came back to SPQR and finally im playing it as ment to be with the romans and i just love it. and with my pc which is quite ok but with a weak videocard as bottleneck i noticed too that it runs way better than with other mods. good stuff

i can relate to the guy who open this thread that i dont like the 0 build time so much. now don't crucify me guys its just a matter of taste. and dont tell me to choose another mod then that suits better for me coz i would if there would be another mod with the same fun, speed, and 1turn build time.

i personally changed the build time to one for al units which makes me prolly a SPQR heretic
    but that way its perfect for me and i can recommend that to the guy who opend this thread as well (sorry forgot ur nick)

now im going to install 5.0 soon and forgot which txt file i changed to change the build time so maybe someone can post it here real quick what the file is called. that d be handy also for the thread open guy if he decides to try that out

thx and im curious about 6.0

EDIT found the file 4 unit recruit time so nvm

if anyone is to lazy to change the buildtime on their own i can sent you the file of course. especially booker if u wanna try SPQR out with 1 round build time pm me and i ll send u the file
    Last edited by Ahlerich; January 20, 2006 at 03:58 PM.