Thread: can you please explain me how to play hotseat campain on more computers ?

Default can you please explain me how to play hotseat campain on more computers ?

can you please explain me how to play hotseat campain on more computers ?
    i can only play hotseat on 1 pc
    plz tell me!!!

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: can you please explain me how to play hotseat campain on more computers ?

when you press "end turn" and the next faction screen appears, press ESC and save the game. Then send the file to another player by email or upload it to a fileserver. And so on.
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Default Re: can you please explain me how to play hotseat campain on more computers ?

wow, thats verry mutch work -_-? i think i mean, can you play it via lan??

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

I think so but never tried.

Not so much work mate, just save and send...
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

yes but ive you have to do that with evry single turn-_-

that is way to much work does the lan part work?
    SOME SAY THIS IS MADNESS!! MADNESS?... THIS IS DARTH MOOOOOODDDD!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

No you cant play multiplayer campaigns over a LAN, hence why everyone plays hotseat.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Thiril's Avatar Libertus

I've started trying out hotseat for the first time myself now, It works great on 1 computer and I figured out how to do it with sending the savegames and such (I think) but I encounter a serious problem.
    If I send my savegame, my friend is able to load it up and play his turn (or continue if it's a singleplayer game). But when I try to load one of his savegames I get redirected to the title screen.
    It starts loading for 2 seconds, then the loading screen changes (the quote and date dissapear and the image changes to something else) and then I'm back at the title screen.
    This happens for singleplayer and hotseat games...
    I'm using SS 6.4, Savage AI and pernament watchtowers that is all.
    Any help please?

Are you both using the same version with the same options?

Thiril's Avatar Libertus

jep, even both reinstalled it completly to make sure we have the same settings,
    and the options shouldn't be a problem no? I mean if I send a singleplayer game on vh/vh or m/m does it matter? only thing that should be able is that he can load it.